Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
51
... LastLast
  1. #801
    Warchief Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    <snip>
    What is with you and hating on this game? You are calling me, and the other people defending it, rabid fanboys for defending it from your ridiculous remarks. Yet you keep coming back (probably never have played the game) and just making posts trying to destroy it.

    At all of the "broken promises" 400 square Kilometer map- I think they worded it as "up to 400 square kilometers" which will be their next map, named California, I think. A little bit of a dick move, HOWEVER, they said this before pre-orders were available so people knew what they were getting into.

    No zombie hordes- they never said they were going to add this, it was just something he community wanted and the devs said they would think about it.

    No vehicles- In one of the last Q&As they mentioned that they are going to be implementing vehicles soon.

    Skill trees- they will be in game before foundation release.

    No friends list- They just put in clans, friends list is next.

    No stem cells- in a recent interview they said they are working on this and it will be put in soon.

    No NPCs- they specifically said that there will be no NPCs.

    No world interaction- I have no idea what you mean by this. If you mean like open and close doors, they never said they would add that.

    No bandit system- I haven't heard anything on this. Right now you can be marked as a bandit/hero but there are no benefits/consequences so we will see what happens with this one.

    No anti-cheat- the anti cheat is in game and working.

    No strong hold servers- they are going to be implemented before release.

    You keep saying "don't pull that 'it's only alpha' excuse" but IT IS ONLY ALPHA! How can that not be used as an excuse for a game not being finished. They were PLANNING on going into beta last month, buy obviously they weren't ready so they left it in alpha until the game is ready! Your excuse for the game being bad is that it isn't finished, well the reason for that is becauseTHE GAME ISN'T FINISHED!

    You are the ones showing signs of "fanboyism," but for another game. The mods don't close threads because someone says something negative. They close thread because they are just blind hating that only starts flame wars (like your comments).

    TLDR; Stop hating on this game blindly, you keep calling us fanboys for defending it, but you get mad when we call you a fanboy for bashing a game you have never played. Gets your facts straight, or leave this thread. There are problems with the game, but than again, it's a $20 non-AAA game. So expecting this game to be perfect in every possible way is kinda ridiculous. However I've had more fun playing this game than I have some of those $50-$60 AAA titles.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-05 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    To be fair... if anyone believed a volunteer forum mod knew anything about a game's development/inner workings is a complete idiot.

    Glad he came clean though.


    Edit: Sad to read the YouTube comments and see that no one believes him now (even though it's most likely the facts)
    I personally think he was threatened with a lawsuit if he did not make that video.

  3. #803
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I personally think he was threatened with a lawsuit if he did not make that video.
    Really? Like, really?

    Let's look at what's more reasonable and logical here.

    1. Volunteer forum mod has no knowledge of the in-depth inner workings of the company as he works remotely, and on a volunteer status. He works with some at the company, but doesn't know about the development decisions or business decisions because that's not what his volunteer job entails. He gets removed due to getting malicious software, and gets super upset, making wild claims. When he calms down, he realizes he made a poor decision and apologizes.

    2. A volunteer forum mod is, for some unknown reason, appraised of the internal workings of the development and business aspects of the game. This despite him having nothing to do with either and not even being an official employee of the company. He proceeds to be removed due to getting malicious software, and decides to spill the beans. The company then hires attorneys who force him to make a YouTube video (yes, a YouTube video, think about that for a second), not an official statement or anything, apologizing and saying he was lying.

    FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Really? Like, really?

    Let's look at what's more reasonable and logical here.

    1. Volunteer forum mod has no knowledge of the in-depth inner workings of the company as he works remotely, and on a volunteer status. He works with some at the company, but doesn't know about the development decisions or business decisions because that's not what his volunteer job entails. He gets removed due to getting malicious software, and gets super upset, making wild claims. When he calms down, he realizes he made a poor decision and apologizes.

    2. A volunteer forum mod is, for some unknown reason, appraised of the internal workings of the development and business aspects of the game. This despite him having nothing to do with either and not even being an official employee of the company. He proceeds to be removed due to getting malicious software, and decides to spill the beans. The company then hires attorneys who force him to make a YouTube video (yes, a YouTube video, think about that for a second), not an official statement or anything, apologizing and saying he was lying.

    FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.
    It's just my opinion. No one knows the true answer but the parties involved. Either way. I already got my money back before they started to refuse refunds.

  5. #805
    Pandaren Monk Nirawen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.
    Clearly a shallow guise to try and hide your drug-fueled prostitute-ridden business trips to Amsterdam with Boubouille.

    On a relevant topic it was blatantly obvious that he was talking out of his arse from the moment he made the claims, I can't help but think anyone who based any belief in the things he said simply have a strange level of preconceived dislike of the game.

    I'll admit I'm not a fan of the design direction and choices made by the developers and I do have my eggs in another basket but I don't understand why people are actively trying to damage the games reputation, no one is forcing them to be involved yet they come in to a thread about a game they dislike under their own volition just to bitch about it. It's like a scorn ex trying to hurt their former partner, havn't seen fanboyism (not a prefered term) like this since the PS3 vs 360 propaganda. Ultimately if you don't want to play the game then the outcome, flop or success, doesn't impact you in any way unless you like the pleasure of knowing your pessimism turned out to be well founded. Just my 2 cents anyway .

    Also all the hot chicks dig DayZ players and WarZ players are all poopoo faces.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

  6. #806
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Clearly a shallow guise to try and hide your drug-fueled prostitute-ridden business trips to Amsterdam with Boubouille.

    On a relevant topic it was blatantly obvious that he was talking out of his arse from the moment he made the claims, I can't help but think anyone who based any belief in the things he said simply have a strange level of preconceived dislike of the game.

    I'll admit I'm not a fan of the design direction and choices made by the developers and I do have my eggs in another basket but I don't understand why people are actively trying to damage the games reputation, no one is forcing them to be involved yet they come in to a thread about a game they dislike under their own volition just to bitch about it. It's like a scorn ex trying to hurt their former partner, havn't seen fanboyism (not a prefered term) like this since the PS3 vs 360 propaganda. Ultimately if you don't want to play the game then the outcome, flop or success, doesn't impact you in any way unless you like the pleasure of knowing your pessimism turned out to be well founded. Just my 2 cents anyway .

    Also all the hot chicks dig DayZ players and WarZ players are all poopoo faces.
    Stuff like that which really turns me off of things too. If you hate a game or system I'm using okay good for you, but if you go out of your way to be annoying and trash talk it anyway you can what does that say for the community your apart of? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance

  7. #807
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Stuff like that which really turns me off of things too. If you hate a game or system I'm using okay good for you, but if you go out of your way to be annoying and trash talk it anyway you can what does that say for the community your apart of? lol
    Yeah, I, kind of getting a taste of my own medicine, I got a little bit derogative of GW2 after it dissapointed the hell out of me, I had an epiphany and just do my best to not go in to that sub forum. being continuously negative no matter if you think its constructive just gets peoples backs up :P

  8. #808
    Wow people still defending this game, amazing...

    The DAYZ stand alone will be out soon with its foundation build - Lets just see how many people are play this game then...

    Infracted

    What have I said that would cause an infraction, its seem you can only have one view about this game on MMO and that is its amazing-
    Fucking ban me then, My 22 post couldn't careless

    Its seems MMO is will and truly wedged up WARZ arse -- Reason curse own FPS General and they have been sucking WARZ cocks since it first appeared and Curse owns MMO shite -

    And Waaldo you a fucking Cock and I hope you die in a car Crashed you cunt
    Last edited by MossEs; 2012-12-05 at 07:29 PM.

  9. #809
    I saw the initial interview for Warz when Dayz hype was still pretty high, it looked good, a decent rendition, but as soon as i watched some game play footage the engine just looks terrible the weapon models look about 10 years old the sounds were cheap lacking animations (going from sprinting to walking and having a gun go from diagonal to aiming forward without an animation looks terrible), it looked just as clunky if not much worst than the arma 2 engine. might be an alpha but the game looks more dated than source.

  10. #810
    Warchief Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post

    And Waaldo you a fucking Cock and I hope you die in a car Crashed you cunt
    I'm a cock and a cunt.... Impressive.
    It's a little harsh to hope for someones death over defending a video game, no? I think it's time for your anger management class.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 03:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Stuff like that which really turns me off of things too. If you hate a game or system I'm using okay good for you, but if you go out of your way to be annoying and trash talk it anyway you can what does that say for the community your apart of? lol
    I could not agree wit you more. The Triggy89 guy comes back to this forum every couple of days with his new information on how this game is a shitty scam, every time to be proven wrong. Yet he still comes back.

    People just need something to hate, and anonymous forums are the way to go. No one would say in person what the guy above said to me.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-05 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  11. #811
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm a cock and a cunt.... Impressive.
    It's a little harsh to hope for someones death over defending a video game, no? I think it's time for your anger management class.
    Lol, and people like that don't realize they're hurting their cause more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance

  12. #812

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    Wow people still defending this game, amazing...

    The DAYZ stand alone will be out soon with its foundation build - Lets just see how many people are play this game then...

    Infracted

    What have I said that would cause an infraction, its seem you can only have one view about this game on MMO and that is its amazing-
    Fucking ban me then, My 22 post couldn't careless

    Its seems MMO is will and truly wedged up WARZ arse -- Reason curse own FPS General and they have been sucking WARZ cocks since it first appeared and Curse owns MMO shite -

    And Waaldo you a fucking Cock and I hope you die in a car Crashed you cunt
    LOL, not liking War Z is not a problem, it's how you attacked people who have faith in it and still enjoying it. You are free to talk about how much you don't like and bad it is, as long as you keep it civil and constructive.

    As for myself, I enjoyed it for while and looked forward to new stuff they were adding but it became clear that the game was stirring off from direction I was expecting.

    The fundamental problem with the game is that, it encourages bandits as it is the only form of play style which you can have most fun and most efficient way to make progression. I had a blast playing with a friend and killing other players on sight as soon as we learned rest of players treated us the same, but that was all there was to it.

    The choice of playing "friendly" with strangers is a mere illusion right now. I'm sure they can make zombies more threatening and so on, but since I have no information on what they will do to balance the incentive between bandit (high risk/high reward) vs. "others" I've come to conclusion that this game will not be going deep as I would hope for.

    I have full respect for people having faith in Hammerpoint and their developers but as for me, a refund was a clear choice while waiting for Day Z standalone version. I never had good feeling for the fact Hammerpoint recycled their old War Inc. game engine and models and still having everything delayed. Realizing how two dimensional this game currently is with no explanation on how they will address it, I simply drew the line.

    In the end, you simply have, friends or group of clan/guild you will associate/alliance with while, killing the rest as you have more resource to back up the risk involved. Zombies are nothing more than a distraction, a back story. I am not saying Day Z will have solution to this, but with their experience with the mod, I have more faith in their team now.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2012-12-05 at 09:35 PM.

  14. #814
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Really? Like, really?

    Let's look at what's more reasonable and logical here.

    Snip...
    Lol man. Im not even for this game nor this company and I knew that forum mod was full of shit. I love when he explains how he got his account hijacked " You know, someone sends you a link and you click it. But it directs you to a exploited page and you get hacked" WTF? Who the fuck is still clicking random links on the interwebz and who the hell is still running with browsers that allow scripts to automatically run on non-trusted sites? Seriously that guy had no business being a mod or being part of any community teams. Even before he made his apology video, his reddit and Rhino posts talked about how "all I did was a simple thing like got my mod account hijacked and they go all ape shit and revoke my privileges". The guy sounded like the next Napoleon Dynamite, I wanted to add "gosh" to the end of his sentences.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2012-12-05 at 09:33 PM.

  15. #815
    Fair warning, the companies backing War Z were also responsible for the abortion that is War Inc. battlezone. Which upon the start of War Z's development was mothballed almost entirely with no updates/bugfixes in months and relegated to GamersFirst, where games go to die. Arktos in general is just shady as fuck.

  16. #816
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.
    I can vouch for this statement personally. I was a volunteer moderator for a game developer for a short time. Our main purpose required little to no knowledge of the game itself.

  17. #817
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    No NPCs- they specifically said that there will be no NPCs.
    uhm... not sure about that, but i remember the developers saying that the "Secure zone" would have some NPCs (not only guards)

    BTW i agree with the rest of your post.

  18. #818
    Warchief Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    uhm... not sure about that, but i remember the developers saying that the "Secure zone" would have some NPCs (not only guards)

    BTW i agree with the rest of your post.
    I'll try to look for the source, but I think they said something about have a "turret" type defense. Where there are no NPC's but if you attack someone in the safe zone the turret will shoot you.

    Edit: These are both separate posts. They are VERY vague, se we really have no idea what their plans are, but they did say no NPCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey
    First of all - you can kill anyone near or INSIDe safe settlement. There's no such thing as SAFE ZONE. Ie - we never said we're going to create magical safe zones. some people on Dayz forums started talking that Warz will have ones, so I think you should go there and ask them about details.

    What we have are fortified settlements that are SAFE from zombies. Not from other players. Yet - if you try to kill anyone within safe settlement, you'll be attacked by guard systems. It doesn't mean you'll be instantly killed or anythign - so if you're exteremely lucky you'll still have chance.

    Yet there'll be big price to pay for that - your character will receive bad reputation and will be attacked next time he'll approach safe settlement.
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey
    NPC doesn't exist in the game world at all. There won't be players that are not human, (like bots*)
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-06 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  19. #819
    Still think NPCS would add something to this game, dont see player driven questing going anywhere.

  20. #820
    Mechagnome Minrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deep six.
    Posts
    628
    Not sure if this had been posted already but I thought id share. Yes it can be questioned but seeing as how my roommate was banned for no reason, I watched him play the majority of the 100 or so hours into the game because I was procrastinating on buying it, I found this interesting.

    http://imgur.com/62kg1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •