Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
52
... LastLast
  1. #821
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Not sure if this had been posted already but I thought id share. Yes it can be questioned but seeing as how my roommate was banned for no reason, I watched him play the majority of the 100 or so hours into the game because I was procrastinating on buying it, I found this interesting.

    http://imgur.com/62kg1
    He already came out in a video linked earlier in the thread and said he was lying in that post and apologized for it.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Not sure if this had been posted already but I thought id share. Yes it can be questioned but seeing as how my roommate was banned for no reason, I watched him play the majority of the 100 or so hours into the game because I was procrastinating on buying it, I found this interesting.

    http://imgur.com/62kg1
    News just in, Prince William marries Kate middleton! Seriously though read the rest of the thread before posting, the same guy already came out as a fat liar.

    Edge beat me to it.

  3. #823
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What is with you and hating on this game? You are calling me, and the other people defending it, rabid fanboys for defending it from your ridiculous remarks. Yet you keep coming back (probably never have played the game) and just making posts trying to destroy it.

    Destroy it? i think they have very done a good job of it themselves, just take 10 minutes to look at their fb and the amount of rage on it. I wont be able to destroy it i am just stating whats happened, what i claimed, has all but come true. Oh also i have played the game, i got a free key, someone i knew who actually purchased the game was actually sent 10 keys. Now i will not invest in a company with such bad business practices, but i thought to actually comments on the game itself rather than just the company i would have to play it, and play it i did. All i can say is that it is piss poor. It runs like a pile of turd even on a powerful machine ( 2700k@5ghz 16gb ram & a gtx 670 @ 1330 mhz core boost) The character animations are even worse than in dayz (and thats saying something), characters look like igor when they run, the animations are jerky and generally terrible. The sounds are laughable, wrong noises everywhere walking on difference serfaces makes the most random of noises, guns sound awful ( some sound ok) etc. No bullet drop, feels like you are playing cod when you get in a gun fight. The glowing loot on the ground makes a mockery of the idea of it being a survival game. Feels like it caters towards 10 year olds. Oh and did i mention the hackers and the safezone campers. hackers, hackers everywhere out of 10 servers 7 had hackers on them. I mean dayz got irritating, but nothing on this level. But that is personal opinion ( well apart from the hackers) i didnt like it, but hell i can get onboard with a game even if there are things i dont like about it. But the game itself is not what i have a problem with its the "company" that is making it.

    At all of the "broken promises" 400 square Kilometer map- I think they worded it as "up to 400 square kilometers" which will be their next map, named California, I think. A little bit of a dick move, HOWEVER, they said this before pre-orders were available so people knew what they were getting into.

    No people did not know what they were getting into, they wouldnt be raging as much as they are now if it was clear from the start what the actual game timeline was, rather than somthing sergey pulled out of his ass. They are making it as they go along with little or no roadmap, hence the slew of missed promises.

    No zombie hordes- they never said they were going to add this, it was just something he community wanted and the devs said they would think about it. they continually posted pictures of spawling cities with zombie hordes, ok maybe not an outright promise, but definetly made people believe that the screenshots of them would be indicative of what was going to be in the game

    No vehicles- In one of the last Q&As they mentioned that they are going to be implementing vehicles soon.

    How soon? They mentioned it frequently in the build up as something that would be added very swiftly.

    Skill trees- they will be in game before foundation release.

    ok good good, when is this "foundation release" oh and just an fyi he stole the name of "foundation" release of dayz. Oh

    No friends list- They just put in clans, friends list is next.

    Really they intend to put it in. They have indended to put in a lot of things, again...when? Indeed they did add clans, and it costs you money to expand your clan, yet another feature you have to pay for.....I wouldn't be surprised if they charge you to have more than 5 friends. Well at least they delivered on one promise.

    No stem cells- in a recent interview they said they are working on this and it will be put in soon. again we are working on this....these were all features touted to be IN the game already before they released the alpha, only for people to be told " we are working on it.....really we are"

    No NPCs- they specifically said that there will be no NPCs.

    wrong, they frequently, even sergey himself, talked about adding in NPCs in to defend safezones and shoot at bandits. You need to read the forums more often.

    No world interaction- I have no idea what you mean by this. If you mean like open and close doors, they never said they would add that.
    They flamed dayz for having nearly no enter-able buildings and said that the war z would improve on it in every way. The world feels unreal, boulder city only had ONE enter-able building to start with ONE and the rest of the map is just as bad. This was very much about the inability to interact with anything in the world, they made it seem on release the world would be this amazing immersive place, it isnt


    No bandit system- I haven't heard anything on this. Right now you can be marked as a bandit/hero but there are no benefits/consequences so we will see what happens with this one. Again you need to read the froums, he said they were going to implement a bandit system whereby you could hunt down bandits for a bounty etc ( i think it was in the same post about the NPS's who shoot at bandits)

    No anti-cheat- the anti cheat is in game and working. BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....wait BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, oh wow that just shows how delusional you really are, or that you havent played the game in the last month. It is NOT working, Sergey touted it as being 98% effective or something. Which is a load of rubbish the only time i saw a ban was when a admin did it manually. Again just look on the forums or the facebook page almost every other comment on the "patch notes" are "and what about the hackers" This super amazing anti hack shield is an outright lie, or its simply terrible and doesn't work. Also temp bans before a perma ban for an offence like an aimbot? well done Sergey....

    No strong hold servers- they are going to be implemented before release. Really a date on that? As i was aware stronghold server were meant to be implemented in beta which was oh....wait meant to be what was it over a month and a half ago

    You keep saying "don't pull that 'it's only alpha' excuse" but IT IS ONLY ALPHA! How can that not be used as an excuse for a game not being finished. They were PLANNING on going into beta last month, buy obviously they weren't ready so they left it in alpha until the game is ready! Your excuse for the game being bad is that it isn't finished, well the reason for that is becauseTHE GAME ISN'T FINISHED!

    What you seem incapable of grasping with your pea sized brain is this. A company that touted having been working on the game ( pre production onwards) for over a year and a half also truly believed and SAID that their alpha would only last 2 weeks. Anyone and i mean ANYONE with a shred of intelligence could have realised that this was a load of BS. Ofc it isnt and wasnt ready. I said it wouldnt be from before they even released the alpha.


    You are the ones showing signs of "fanboyism," but for another game. The mods don't close threads because someone says something negative. They close thread because they are just blind hating that only starts flame wars (like your comments). You obviously havent actively read the forums, it shows. Also a fanboy? Of what dayz? i like the game, but i wouldn't say its perfect. i can point out a slew of crap features about it if you want me to. There are annoying graphical bugs which can ruin the game when they pop up, when you crash a heli it looks like the entire landscape is on fire, the animations while running are poor, the axe animation sucks, there are hackers ( although you can just play on a private hive instead which generally = less hackers) the inventory system is TERRIBLE and counter intuitive, the graphics on the chars are terrible and are not rendered properly, there is a bug whereby the heli leaks fuel unless all the windows are repaired, you can break a leg while dropping off a 2 foot ledge and bleed out, i can carry on if you want...? The difference is that i happily accept the flaws of the game and i like the person who is producing it as he has been honest and upfront about the game. The warz team have not been. ( also there is a level of intensity that the war z just doe not posses, but that is my personal opinion. I will not berate people for like a game that i do not. But i will berrate idiots who see fit to defend a company as corrupt as hammerpoint. THAT is where you are getting mixed up

    TLDR; Stop hating on this game blindly, you keep calling us fanboys for defending it, but you get mad when we call you a fanboy for bashing a game you have never played. Gets your facts straight, or leave this thread. There are problems with the game, but than again, it's a $20 non-AAA game. So expecting this game to be perfect in every possible way is kinda ridiculous. However I've had more fun playing this game than I have some of those $50-$60 AAA titles.
    you say i am hating on a game blindly.......really.....? i have played it, i have seen their business practices, the way they manage their community and talk to their player base and it is atrocious. Also you seem to have ignored my two MAIN POINTS conveniently having put TL;DR. They promised, and i mean they raged at the mention of it, that ammo and attachments would NOT be in the market place. they said it would be "purely cosmetic items". My main point was about the pay to win, something when i mentioned it a month ago you said that it would never move to, yet they have, and oh you didnt mention that.... Oh and what about Sergey calling his playerbase faggots?

    I have got all my ducks in a row, and anyone who has half a brain or simply opens their eyes can see how badly this team is falling apart. Opposed to you who selective reads the parts you can make a retort to. Also i havent posted on this forum for over a month and i thought i would revisit to see if you had actually come to the light side and seen that it was a load of shit. I wont even try to pretend i came back onto this forum for other reasons. I am quite happy yo admit i will debate, and argue about this company just because i find it an amazing phenomenon, people are quite happy to get raped up the ass by sergey and continue to hero worship him after. I thought that the anal trauma must have somewhat dissuaded you from defending him and his sorry excuse for a game.

    oh and also i see you posted the conflicting comments by sergey about the NPC's....oh really...?
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-12-06 at 11:57 AM.

  4. #824
    Wow that is a whole wall of text rage and hatred, I can see you turning red with anger at the mere thought of this game, and yet you accuse waaldo of one sidedness lol. Basically this post of hatred resorts to calling us, the playerbase as idiots and a whole load of twaddle about arse raping. You get the reward for angriest person on mmo right now, go smoke a joint and come back with some valid points, not crap like warz stole foundation from day z twaddle. Yet to see a hacker in game, yet to see any evidence of this collapse, its all your strange deluded little opinion. One for the ignore list.

  5. #825
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    That's enough. This thread is about the game, not the company. There's no room for conspiracy theories and insults.

  6. #826
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,646
    I'm only going to reply to ones ones that done refer to me having a small brain, because when someone has to insult you to make their point, it is usually never a good point.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    No people did not know what they were getting into, they wouldnt be raging as much as they are now if it was clear from the start what the actual game timeline was, rather than somthing sergey pulled out of his ass. They are making it as they go along with little or no roadmap, hence the slew of missed promises.
    People have been raging on the forums since they bought the game, not because they company didn't tell them what they were buying, but because they didn't read what the company had to say. I have been following this game since the day they announced it, and so far I have yet to be disappointed. There are obviously a lot of things that they are talking about that isn't in the game yet, but assuming that the company is just blowing steam out their ass is what your problem is. Every time they say they are working on something you pull out the conspiracy theory card. Have some faith in the company, and this can be a great game. Just because Sergey made some stupid comments doesn't mean the company is complete shit. They are obviously trying.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    they continually posted pictures of spawling cities with zombie hordes, ok maybe not an outright promise, but definetly made people believe that the screenshots of them would be indicative of what was going to be in the game
    I can agree with this one, they did make it seem like there were going to be a lot more zombie. But as of right now there are no zombies in Boulder City(?) so when they add them hopefully it will be like what you see in those pictures. I also think those pictures were more of someone running around and picking up all of the zombies in the area. I have seen people, in game, running away with 20+ zombies chasing them.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    How soon? They mentioned it frequently in the build up as something that would be added very swiftly.
    About the vehicles, they said they were already in their build of the game, but they weren't quite ready to be released to public, IIRC.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    The world feels unreal, boulder city only had ONE enter-able building to start with ONE and the rest of the map is just as bad
    That was on the day of release, only a couple of days later they opened up every single building. I don't think there is a single one in Boulder City that is not enterable right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    Again you need to read the froums, he said they were going to implement a bandit system whereby you could hunt down bandits for a bounty etc ( i think it was in the same post about the NPS's who shoot at bandits)
    That's why I said there wee no benefits/consequences, but they have mentioned it many times that they will be adding that, and that will definitely help with the PKing.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    <hackers>
    Their hacking system is definitely working, it is not perfect, but it is working. Before I couldn't even log in without getting shot by someone under-ground. But Since they updated the anti-cheat I don't see any hackers. I'm not saying they aren't there, but when they are it is all new hacks. Every time someone makes a new hack the company has to write a new code to ban/detect that one. So it is expected for there to be many hackers in Alpha, but by the time the release comes there will be no more hacks to make. The reason it doesn't perma-ban the first time is because they are still getting false positives. I would rather them temp ban people in alpha then have people getting permanently banned in the release for not doing anything wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    Really a date on that? As i was aware stronghold server were meant to be implemented in beta which was oh....wait meant to be what was it over a month and a half ago
    It still isn't in beta.
    http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...team-version-! This is a post from the WarZ forums which outlines their plans for the release of pretty much everything.


    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    that ammo and attachments would NOT be in the market place. they said it would be "purely cosmetic items". My main point was about the pay to win, something when i mentioned it a month ago you said that it would never move to, yet they have, and oh you didnt mention that....
    They did say it would only be cosmetic, and that bugs me. However, the attachment's don't make much of a difference. The only really useful attachment is the silencer and I don't think you can buy that one in the cash store (don't tell me I have a small brain if I'm wrong, that is why I said I think) The ammo is definitely a problem and I hope they change that, but that alone is not enough to make me hate the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89
    But i will berrate idiots who see fit to defend a company as corrupt as hammerpoint. THAT is where you are getting mixed up
    I had to comment on this one because you made a very good point, you say hammerpoint is corrupt, but they aren't. The only specific person you have made comments about it Sergey. Like I said above, Sergey has definitely done/said some stupid things, but that does NOT mean that the entire company is corrupt. There are a lot of people working there that don't talk on the forums just like every company, all of those people are trying to make a living and support family. To say that they are all corrupt because of a couple of stupid comments is ridiculous. I have no problem with you not wanting to play/support the game because of Sergey, but stop trying to drag down the whole company with you.

    Some of us like the game. If you don't like it, fine, but there is no reason to try and ruin everyone else's fun, just move on to a new game. You obviously have your mind set and nothing I (or anyone else for that matter) say or do will change your mind about that, so this is the last reply I am making.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-06 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  7. #827
    Well done waaldo that's how you put a point across concise, restrained and informed not ranting at people who chose to support and like a game and the people who develop it.

    I just need to see more development before I can back this game, I tend not to get involved in betas, always feels wrong to me.

  8. #828
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    snip
    Firstly Sergey is the company, he is the LEAD programmer, the driving force behind the project and the figurehead. pretty much what you are saying is you are happy to be continually fucked over in the hope things will get better despite EVERYTHING staring you in the face. Now if you like the game i will not berate you for that, that is your prerogative, bu,t supporting this company is something i am amazed you can still do, because the majority of the community no longer does, it seems to be reaching critical mass.

    Either way i am not going to reiterate anything else as you simply say well yes that annoys me but.....so in essence you know these things have happened yet you choose to turn a blind eye and dont mind getting outright lied to. I will happily make a bet with you now, if even half of these promises are carried out before the new year ( the to be released in december) do happen, i will buy the game and i will line the pockets of that dishonest little money grabber, just to prove a point and i will not post a word on this forum again. Also if this game is not dead by Next June, i will spend $50 in their marketplace

    Also there is no anti hack system, i am sorry but to think there is is just laughable, found this a few hours ago.....

    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...volving_war_z/

    it is the common theme of almost every facebook and rage post on the forums, "sort out the hackers". You must be the 0.00000001% who does not see hackers on a regular basis.

    Also if their anti hack system was so full proof why are they having to add another one....? (going on the link you send me) Sergey pretty much admits it isnt even an anti hack system "replace existing system - that still most of the time ( is wallhack or ESP is used ) rely on humans to ban cheaters - which can take day or two"

    That isn't an anti hack system, that is getting admins to ban them manually..... doesn't sound 98% effective to me.....

    One final note, i highly HIGHLY doubt they will get onto steam. Sergey has said it is confirmed but i doubt a company like steam would allow it. Maybe in 2003 when they first released, but not now. I doubt any large company would touch it with a 10 foot barge poll given the terrible press its getting as of late, but hell i could be wrong on that.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-12-06 at 05:44 PM.

  9. #829
    Another poster who's opinion is the majority, throwing in the word majority is not evidence,you have none, you have no idea the number of sales you have no idea the number of returns you have no idea the number of people who do or do not enjoy this game. just another forum poster who has an over inflated sense that their stance is the correct one. I decided to go read the war z forums, its like the guild wars 2 one here a handful of people lining up its coffin, proclaiming its dead with nothing to back it up and the rest just enjoying it.

  10. #830
    I got a question maybe anyone can answer if you buy something from the "Marketplace" like lets just say the backpack when you die do you still get when you revive your guy or no, that or does someone else gets your item that you bought with real money?

  11. #831
    Mechagnome Minrolol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deep six.
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    He already came out in a video linked earlier in the thread and said he was lying in that post and apologized for it.
    oooh okay thanks

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    News just in, Prince William marries Kate middleton! Seriously though read the rest of the thread before posting, the same guy already came out as a fat liar.

    Edge beat me to it.
    news just in I don't follow the thread everyday but felt it was worth sharing false or not.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert93 View Post
    I got a question maybe anyone can answer if you buy something from the "Marketplace" like lets just say the backpack when you die do you still get when you revive your guy or no, that or does someone else gets your item that you bought with real money?
    Someone else gets it from the little ive bought.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    news just in I don't follow the thread everyday but felt it was worth sharing false or not.
    Not that it matters but the same page you posted in was the same page we were discussing it :P
    Last edited by nurseman; 2012-12-06 at 08:33 PM.

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    it is the common theme of almost every facebook and rage post on the forums, "sort out the hackers". You must be the 0.00000001% who does not see hackers on a regular basis.
    Just because I feel like bringing math into it, for your percent to be right, 10 billion people would need to be seeing hackers on a regular basis. My point is, tone down the rhetoric and start at least trying to be reasonable. Calm down, stop with the hyperboles and insults, and base your arguments on facts and logic instead of rage posts. Fun fact: people complain about cheating in video games all the time, even when it's not happening. Plenty of people have trouble accepting the fact that they were beaten fairly.

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    Fun fact: people complain about cheating in video games all the time, even when it's not happening. Plenty of people have trouble accepting the fact that they were beaten fairly.
    I shot him in the back and he turned around and killed me instantly, he must be cheating. Sure I was aiming at his feet and him at my head but that's irrelevant.


    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    Just because I feel like bringing math into it, for your percent to be right, 10 billion people would need to be seeing hackers on a regular basis. My point is, tone down the rhetoric and start at least trying to be reasonable. Calm down, stop with the hyperboles and insults, and base your arguments on facts and logic instead of rage posts. Fun fact: people complain about cheating in video games all the time, even when it's not happening. Plenty of people have trouble accepting the fact that they were beaten fairly.
    Wise advice indeed, only 10 posts I look forward to seeing more

  16. #836
    So, realistically speaking, can we expect vehicles soonish? It's the only thing holding me back from buying it, as it can be a right pain in the arse to traverse maps like this.

  17. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    So, realistically speaking, can we expect vehicles soonish? It's the only thing holding me back from buying it, as it can be a right pain in the arse to traverse maps like this.
    January-February 2013
    - 5-6 stronghold maps to be added to the game
    - Driveable Vehicles
    - Melee fist fights
    - Player defined missions !
    So expect them March/April :P

  18. #838
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    So expect them March/April :P
    Thanks a lot!

  19. #839
    It does suck having to wait so long for vehicles, I just hope they keep coming with regular updates, especially after the most recent ones.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Teach someone to fool me and fool me forever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Canada?
    Who threatens Canada? That's like, threatening that nice old man in the park who's always feeding the birds and giving wisdom to strangers.

  20. #840
    Few new things went up!!!
    WAR Z ON STEAM!!!
    And patch notes that haven't been put up yet.

    Improved the weapon damage model.
    Players are no longer able to create names with spaces in front of them.
    Items that you drop on the ground now last 10 minutes down from 30.
    Fixed a bug with Assault Rifles an Sniper rifles that caused them to do less damage at low range.
    Added a crosshair to TPS mode.
    Added more zombies and more zombie spawns.
    Players are no longer able to climb walls or buildings
    Updated our physics engine which should fix a lot of crash issues.
    Fixed an issue with attaching stanag clips to weapons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •