Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    People bought the game before they knew what was on that page wasn't in the game yet, so they changed the steam page to reflect the actual game. And no one is getting banned for no reason, they did a ban wave of hackers and a couple of people had their accounts falsely banned, so Hammerpoint went through and un-banned those people and gave them some GC.
    Tell that to my brother who was banned for literally no reason, and after numerous attempts to contact the staff, has not received any kind of reply. He hasn't been looking for compensation or a refund or anything like that, he just wants to play the game again. After all of this, I don't know why he still even wants to touch that game with a ten foot pole, but yes, people have been banned for no reason and they haven't been addressed at all. That is my major beef with this game. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Tell that to my brother who was banned for literally no reason, and after numerous attempts to contact the staff, has not received any kind of reply. He hasn't been looking for compensation or a refund or anything like that, he just wants to play the game again. After all of this, I don't know why he still even wants to touch that game with a ten foot pole, but yes, people have been banned for no reason and they haven't been addressed at all. That is my major beef with this game. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
    The company itself is somewhat shady, there's also a dev conversation that got filtered about him using his "powers" to get an advantage.

The fact of an Ex-Mod of the WarZ forum showing up some nasty stuff from the company and then making a weird "regret on the matter, stating everything he said was a lie" makes me think it was a bit more than just lawyers pushing it up on him.

Big rigs comes to mind when Sergei Titov name popped up... and also the shady and bad PR from the guy when interviewed with gamespy.

Oh and (some) servers are now at 100 players. The reason they didn't have it at that before, was because as they stated, that is to many people. And the people who have been playing the game know that it is to many people so they lowered it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

Oh and (some) servers are now at 100 players. The reason they didn't have it at that before, was because as they stated, that is to many people. And the people who have been playing the game know that it is to many people so they lowered it for us.
    "For us" no... just don't, he just did it because he knew he would het in a fuckton of troubles after the fake promises and a possible lawsuit.
    He could still get one for his ToS that he took from LoL LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

It was too many because they promised map size was 400km2 then it was reduces to 160km2 for testing purposes and would increase over time, Full game release size is 72km2 lol and 50 player servers - was going to be 250 but that would just be insane in a map smaller than my garden

It was reduced because their toybox joke of an engine and the devs skill level couldn't get it to work, So the map became tiny and so did the servers..

But it pointless arguing with you, lets just see where the game is when Dayz SA is out and BoreZ is selling everything from guns and sexy time with your sister

Quote Originally Posted by Zxxz View Post
    It was too many because they promised map size was 400km2 then it was reduces to 160km2 for testing purposes and would increase over time, Full game release size is 72km2 lol and 50 player servers - was going to be 250 but that would just be insane in a map smaller than my garden

It was reduced because their toybox joke of an engine and the devs skill level couldn't get it to work, So the map became tiny and so did the servers..

But it pointless arguing with you, lets just see where the game is when Dayz SA is out and BoreZ is selling everything from guns and sexy time with your sister
    Obvious totalbiscuit fanboy

The very fact it wasn't in at launch is enough to be annoyed at.
    It's actually rather scary than people can defend such consumer unfriendly actions.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Hey! I like TB too!

Either way, like or hate him you can't act is if what he said was wrong - features listed were not in the game at launch. This is a fact.
    Complaining about is also not limited to him so don't act as if it's some isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    TB fanboy or not, can you really say that he's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The company itself is somewhat shady, there's also a dev conversation that got filtered about him using his "powers" to get an advantage.

The fact of an Ex-Mod of the WarZ forum showing up some nasty stuff from the company and then making a weird "regret on the matter, stating everything he said was a lie" makes me think it was a bit more than just lawyers pushing it up on him.

Big rigs comes to mind when Sergei Titov name popped up... and also the shady and bad PR from the guy when interviewed with gamespy.
    Oh definitely. Even if I was interested in this type of game at all, these aren't the kind of people that I would want to give my money too, and I wish I was able to help my brother make a more informed decision before he went and bought it. It's not a good sign when a company tries to shift any and all blame that's put on them onto the consumers or other people. I've yet to see them admit any kind of mistake or give a real apology anywhere. "I'm sorry that people misread the information on our Steam page" doesn't count.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2012-12-19 at 04:13 PM.

It's kind of interesting if you want to scan the earlier pages on this thread to see what was being talked about to what actually materialized upon release.

I seem to remember screenshots of someone driving a car, people in hazmat suits removing body bags, skill trees, bounties for bandits, et cetera.

What, exactly, happened to all of that?

From all appearances it looks like they were a bit overambitious (putting it mildly).

Not to mention the game ending up cheaper at release than when they started accepting payments way back in October or so.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-12-19 at 04:18 PM.

After having a quick peak they've changed Private Servers to a 2013 release?
    Am I reading that right?

The map is well over 100km2 but people keep throwing out random numbers and other people keep blindly repeating it. You know your biased when you are comparing a game that doesn't exist, and calling the other game BoreZ when you probably have never played it, you just watched TB and is fuck all review.
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    It's kind of interesting if you want to scan the earlier pages on this thread to see what was being talked about to what actually materialized upon release.

I seem to remember screenshots of someone driving a car, people in hazmat suits removing body bags, skill trees, bounties for bandits, et cetera.

What, exactly, happened to all of that?

From all appearances it looks like they were a bit overambitious (putting it mildly).

Not to mention the game ending up cheaper at release than when they started accepting payments way back in October or so.
    Those pictures were taken in the WarInc engine with WarInc models... YEP WarZ is a WarInc mod.

The map is well over 100km2 but people keep throwing out random numbers and other people keep blindly repeating it. You know your biased when you are comparing a game that doesn't exist, and calling the other game BoreZ when you probably have never played it, you just watched TB and is fuck all review.
    Man when you see water reflection fucked up showing a car sign on the water you know it won't end up well... a flying backpack? dying to a small slope? 4hr respawn with rl money? You don't have to be blind to see al the bullshit that came with this game, neither to be a TB fanboy or anyone else. It's like trying to defend atari's 2600 ET.

"For us" no... just don't, he just did it because he knew he would het in a fuckton of troubles after the fake promises and a possible lawsuit.
    He could still get one for his ToS that he took from LoL LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    I said he lower it for us, not raised it. Read what I said before replying to it. There won't be a lawsuit for saying "up to 100 players" it's not a lie.

That ToS is probably photoshopped, I read that the first day the game came out and it said nothing about LoL. They sold hundreds of thousands of copies that day and only 1 person took a SS of it? yeah, right.

I said he lower it for us, not raised it. Read what I said before replying to it. There won't be a lawsuit for saying "up to 100 players" it's not a lie.

That ToS is probably photoshopped, I read that the first day the game came out and it said nothing about LoL. They sold hundreds of thousands of copies that day and only 1 person took a SS of it? yeah, right.
    No, the ToS is not photoshopped lol. Yeah everyone reads the ToS LOLOLOL, please... stop fooling yourself. There canl be a lawsuit for false advertising, the steam page was blatantly lying about their stuff.
    Oh let's not forget about Kewk and the forum "Regulation" closing threads about the human declaration of rights, 'cuz that's offensive ~ LOL
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-19 at 04:36 PM.

No, the ToS is not photoshopped lol. Yeah everyone reads the ToS LOLOLOL, please... stop fooling yourself. There canl be a lawsuit for false advertising, the steam page was blatantly lying about their stuff.
    Oh let's not forget about Kewk and the forum "Regulation" closing threads about the human declaration of rights, 'cuz that's offensive ~ LOL
    I didn't say everyone read it. A couple hundred thousand, and only 1 person read it and took a screenshot, yeah, I'm the one fooling myself. The steam page didn't lie because all of that stuff will be in the game, they just advertised it wrong, and they fixed it.

Was the thread talking about human declaration of rights, or did it say "here is how you get a refund"? There is nothing wrong with a thread saying you are entitled to a refund, but you actually give the steps of how to do it is against their rules.

I am both amazed and horrified that people are still trying to defend this game/company....wake up! They LIED to you, you can see it very plainly on the steam page. They gave you a bowl of garbage and you're eating it like fine caviar. I know most games have a certain percentage of rabid fans...but this is ridiculous.

I am very disappointed in the initial version that is being sold. I had very high hopes for a fun sandbox zombie survival game...I really need to learn not to buy into hype. Thank god I didn't buy it, feel bad for my buddy who did though. He was kind enough to let me try it out before I decided if I was going to buy a copy, it felt like a beta at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?
    -Yes, yes let the anger FLOW through you.
    The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

I didn't say everyone read it. A couple hundred thousand, and only 1 person read it and took a screenshot, yeah, I'm the one fooling myself. The steam page didn't lie because all of that stuff will be in the game, they just advertised it wrong, and they fixed it.

Was the thread talking about human declaration of rights, or did it say "here is how you get a refund"?
    The thread talked about the delcatarion itself, which is an argument to get a refund, it's stupid how offended this company is about getting refunds.

This game is clearly a vaporware that was made after a MOD of their own FREE TO PLAY GAME.

The steam page was clearly lying, the game was supposed to be fully operational, with all it's "perks" THAT DONT WORK, did you EVEN watch the steam page getting edited like every 6 hrs? the declarations from sergei after the interview with gamespy? it's blatantly obvious that it was a way to get an easy money grab.

If the game said "WE'RE ON FUNDATION PROCESS" or some kind of that information THAT WOULD NOT BE A LIE, instead they charged you full price for a "beta" game (they say it's not, but it clearly is) with a small map that is luckily 100km square (just one map), no private servers (again, lying). Please, don't keep lying to yourself, you can say you enjoy the game, but it's a blatant money grab with shady marketing.

-How can a guide on how to get a refund against the rules if it's our right as consumers to get our money back on a product that was a lie and didn't deliver to expectations? it has happened with all big games, happened with WoW/GW2 and even retail games, quote:

"Your legal rights:
    Hammerpoint Interactive is a US based company and ALL purchases made from or through them MUST adhere to the US Federal Trade Comission Act. This act protects users from FALSE ADVERTISING, FRAUD, and DECEITFUL BUSINESS PRACTICES. If you feel you are victim to any of these, you are 100% within your right to file a complaint through the FTC.gov"

It's against "the rules" showing that you have rights? this is blatant BS. And it's even ILLEGAL to sign a ToS that disallows you to get refunds.

About your doubt on the "Photoshop of the ToS":
    -http://gdinews.com/2012/10/warz-borrows-terms-of-service-from-league-of-legends/

WarZ copies DayZ reddit theme:
    -http://i.imgur.com/xIBDy.jpg?1
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-19 at 04:57 PM.

Didn't you guys learn anything with Diablo3? They are going to add all those things at later patches so they can "put more content" out to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Didn't you guys learn anything with Diablo3? They are going to add all those things at later patches so they can "put more content" out to the players.
    It's not about D3 "adding things" issue, they didn't lie, the game was fully launched and didn't lie on the product, if the product was bad it's not due to them lying about the state of the game, in this case, we're in front of a game that does illegal stuff, steals and even lies to you. D3 didn't lie on it's premises.

It's not about D3 "adding things" issue, they didn't lie, the game was fully launched and didn't lie on the product, if the product was bad it's not due to them lying about the state of the game, in this case, we're in front of a game that does illegal stuff, steals and even lies to you. D3 didn't lie on it's premises.
    Didn't have PVP! (which they said they would)

I admit it's a poor comparison though, sorry. However, it just goes to show a game can have top sales (steam or fastest selling PC game) and still be shit.