Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Only thing I can wish for is that getting burned like this will help you make better decisions in spending money on games in the future :P

I've been burned like that before with different games. As a result, I pretty much never buy a game until I've had a long time to read about it and gather information about it
    I wish I had looked harder for information, that's for sure.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Ah so I take it you didn't order it through Steam?
    Good luck then.

I can only hope all this bad press damages Hammerpoint.
    Yeah, I ordered it way back in October from their website.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Dropping this here, I don't know if it been posted, but this shit was called 4 months ago.

Rhinocrunch got a lot of shit about his review of the game. He said what was honest, and now is being lauded as a voice of someone who knows about games.

Internet justice at least.
    I like his review

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I wonder how big their fanbase is now after the last couple of days.
    Dead in the water, if they ever had one. I just don't understand what made people interested in buying the game to begin with. Even from looking at the earlier stuff, it never looked like anything more than a straight up DayZ clone; so why not just stick with DayZ?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh that's incredible.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    hahaa oh my god

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH A MORALLY BANKRUPT "GAME STUDIO" OR ITS PUBLISHER.

after helping people figure out a way to LEGALLY get a refund for this game (via a youtube video), most seeking one due to false advertising, WARZ's legal team sent Sonifys a C&D letter to remove his YouTube video. This company has lied to its customers and is now seeking legal action against anyone who wishes to receive a refund (if they did not purchase on steam). The game was removed from steam after valve realized the incompleteness of the game and after realzing forums mods for WARZ on Steams forums were deleting any post criticizing the game, and then banning the OP.

Don't buy this game and support cash grabbing jerks who wish to plague the gaming market.

link to reddit post with more details: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...o_that_helped/
    Wow that's just terrible. I doubt a PM via YouTube would hold any real legal power, though. Probably just an intimidation tactic. I hope the guy leaves the video up.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Worst game I've ever seen.
    Don't recommend anyone to buy this.

hello, me again.......just wanted to swing by and say........CALLED IT XD, oh i see walldo has been banned? omg im laughing so hard i think i peed a little.

i got ripped for pointing out the facts and when i visted the other day people were still definant despite all the shit, seems like people have finally woken up and smell the coffee. But how all of you who defended the game in the first place couldn't see what was coming is beyond me. I suppose i shouldn't underestimate peoples capacity for stupidly.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-12-20 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I wonder how big their fanbase is now after the last couple of days.
    For the short time it was for sale it was one of Steam's top selling games.

At this point, the game itself is probably a better zombie than the zombies in it. My main suggestion, to anyone who gave this crew their billing info, would be to watch your bank accounts and credit reports.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Dropping this here, I don't know if it been posted, but this shit was called 4 months ago.

Rhinocrunch got a lot of shit about his review of the game. He said what was honest, and now is being lauded as a voice of someone who knows about games.

Rhinocrunch is nothing but a hardcore DayZ fanboy. He'll probably say the same things about The Dead Linger or that Deadmatter game once they gain some traction. Anyone and their mom ( At least me and my mom ) could see that WarZ was a War Inc clone. Yes, I purchased WarZ just to see what it was like. Luckily I got my refund because it was just another boring FPS game where people kill on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Rhinocrunch is nothing but a hardcore DayZ fanboy. He'll probably say the same things about The Dead Linger or that Deadmatter game once they gain some traction. Anyone and their mom ( At least me and my mom ) could see that WarZ was a War Inc clone. Yes, I purchased WarZ just to see what it was like. Luckily I got my refund because it was just another boring FPS game where people kill on sight.
    Once again the ad-hominem falacies begin "OH HIS ARGUMENTS ARE BAD CUZ HE FANBOI"... welcome to internet, world of falacies and bad argumentation
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

The funniest thing is that even if this game ends up being good eventually (hey, it's been known to happen), this situation has damage the damaged the already poor reputation of this game and it's developer and that reputation is now beyond repair. The name of the game now sticks in the minds of gamers and is regarded with negativity and word of mouth will slaughter any chance the developer had of crawling out of the hole it has dug for itself. I was interested in this game when I first heard about it (despite the crappy alpha graphics), having never heard of Arma 2 or it's zombie mod. I am a big fan of classic zombie movies, I love survival horror games, and I love open world games. Sounded like a no-brainer. The more I heard and read about the War Z the more it started to sound like some sort of scam from a developer that had no clue.
    Last edited by calmsea; 2012-12-20 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added more ramblings

Wow, this is quite bad. I have a feeling stuff like this will not be forgotten anytime soon. This kind of damage ain't going to heal easily. I wonder what's going to happen next? Legal actions, perhaps?

Oh yeah, you only get once chance to make a good first impression and once that shit is on the internet? Its there forever. They've burned their bridges about as publicly as you can at this point.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh yeah, you only get once chance to make a good first impression and once that shit is on the internet? Its there forever. They've burned their bridges about as publicly as you can at this point.
    Interesting article, but I'm trying to figure out what game they are talking about. I don't think I've ever heard of "Vanguard" and don't know the backstory to this interview.

What happend with this game anyway ? it got pulled off steam no clue why sup ?

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    What happend with this game anyway ? it got pulled off steam no clue why sup ?
    read multiple story links from the past few pages. Basicly Warz was promised features on the steampage that weren;t there. Its still there on steam and on its forums etc. But no linger for sale at this time.
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

The guy said in a video that he had an email from a "credible source" that told him the guy started development in June. In *the same sentence* he says "I don't know who this guy is". He also seems to think that the ex-forum mod might actually know anything about the developers plans. At this point it looks like he's gonna be right and the game is going to fail as a poorly developed cash grab, but it's also pretty obvious that he was willing to believe any negative thing he heard about the developers.