Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ...
3
43
51
52
53
54
55
... LastLast
  1. #1041
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    What happend with this game anyway ? it got pulled off steam no clue why sup ?
    The last couple pages should show why pretty well.

    But in a nutshell the game was released in a alpha state, developers lied about features, many features just weren't included, advertisement was copied from The Walking Dead, the game was obviously War Inc with Zombies, it has a atrocious business model, people were banned on the forums for criticising the game, the TOS were copy and pasted from LoL to the point where they had LoL links, bugs galore.

    There are probably more things I have missed. Regardless the game was release and advertised in such an awful way that Steam had to pull the product because of the shear amount of controversy and refunds that were demanded.

    Imho people should be getting a refund purely on principle, the actions of the developer are unacceptable.

  2. #1042
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Interesting article, but I'm trying to figure out what game they are talking about. I don't think I've ever heard of "Vanguard" and don't know the backstory to this interview.
    Here: http://unsubject.wordpress.com/2012/...-games-online/

  3. #1043
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    What happend with this game anyway ? it got pulled off steam no clue why sup ?
    Easiest way to describe it is false advertising with a side of very bad PR.

  4. #1044
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    The guy said in a video that he had an email from a "credible source" that told him the guy started development in June. In *the same sentence* he says "I don't know who this guy is". He also seems to think that the ex-forum mod might actually know anything about the developers plans. At this point it looks like he's gonna be right and the game is going to fail as a poorly developed cash grab, but it's also pretty obvious that he was willing to believe any negative thing he heard about the developers.
    War Z is basically an reskin of their older garbage cashgrab game, War Inc. When they told the developement time for war Z, they added the development period of War Inc into the list because they basically just added zombies and a hunger bar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Easiest way to describe it is false advertising with a side of very bad PR.
    If that only was all they did... but no, they even outright stole stuff.

    Most of their zombie art is stolen from zombie TV series, movies, games and cosplay photos and just recolored red.

    Oh, and they copy-pasted the ToS of League of Legends and left their url in.

    Even their forum ToS is copied from another forum.

  5. #1045

  6. #1046
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Meh... This guy is sitting pretty. It won't be hard for him to beat the very low expectations set by WarZ's "developers" with a standalone DayZ

  7. #1047
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    War Z is basically an reskin of their older garbage cashgrab game, War Inc. When they told the developement time for war Z, they added the development period of War Inc into the list because they basically just added zombies and a hunger bar.
    I think you missed my point. It's not that I'm saying RhinoCrunch was wrong. I'm just saying that he believed an email from some schmuck that he didn't know and a forum mod. Those aren't exactly the most credible sources, even if you refer to them as such. He was ready to believe just about anyone whose comments agreed with what he already thought.

  8. #1048
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Meh... This guy is sitting pretty. It won't be hard for him to beat the very low expectations set by WarZ's "developers" with a standalone DayZ
    I can see where there would be a lot of pressure. It's painfully obvious that a sandbox zombie apocalypse game is going to rake in cash and whoever does it best first is going to reap the rewards.

    If it's not Day Z Standalone it might be The Dead Linger, or it might be yet another game down the road.

    If he fails, well.....don't really have to mention what'll happen then.

  9. #1049
    The game is not horrible. It is worth $15 for my friends and I. We have had a blast.

    What the developers have done and how they've handled the response to what has been done is terrible.
    Modern Guild
    25 Man 11/14 Heroic
    Sean

  10. #1050
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    The game is not horrible. It is worth $15 for my friends and I. We have had a blast.

    What the developers have done and how they've handled the response to what has been done is terrible.
    so you loved to pay 15 dollar for whats simply a mod for a f2p game? The only thing what was added to the warz was zombies. artwork that was taken away from walking dead and cosplay pictures and stolen menu music.

    Imo the moment they said they were making this game till now i do believe they did nothing for developement. Only having meetings about how they would spend their money they grabbed. Where Kewk answered: i am going to vegas
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

  11. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    so you loved to pay 15 dollar for whats simply a mod for a f2p game?
    What's wrong with that? If someone is enjoying what they purchased, that's fine. He's clearly aware of the shady shit the dev's have done, but does that mean he's not allowed to have fun with the game? >.>

  12. #1052
    The Patient Jomaty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    321
    Steam was selling it for like 24 hours, I checked a few hours on it and they pulled it. The game is still there, but it's not for sale anymore. From all that I've been hearing, the game was nowhere near ready to be released and so many people complained about wasting money on an unfinished game so Steam removed the purchase button. This game seems very interesting to me, but Steam has it in the Indie category so it may not be as good as I was thinking it would have been

    Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

  13. #1053
    Over 9000! Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hawaii (vacation)
    Posts
    9,656
    Wonder why nobody makes a AAA zombie survival game, they only have to beat a mod and an indie game that isn't put together all too impressively. People clearly have interest in buying such a game, seeing as how War Z was the most sold games for the 24 hours it was up on Steam (no matter how many copies that actually is.)
    Belief can become reality!

  14. #1054
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Wonder why nobody makes a AAA zombie survival game, they only have to beat a mod and an indie game that isn't put together all too impressively. People clearly have interest in buying such a game, seeing as how War Z was the most sold games for the 24 hours it was up on Steam (no matter how many copies that actually is.)
    There are just plenty of inherent design problems in creating a zombie survival game that deter a lot of developers (and investors) from taking that risk in an already unstable MMO market.

    The good news is that there are some in developments in the works that I'm keeping my eyes on because they seem to hold some promise. Aside from The Dead Linger, there's Undead Lab's State of Decay (AKA Class 3) which is single player I believe, but they have stated long ago that they will use feedback from that game to create the MMO version dubbed 'Class 4'. This game has been in vaporware for a VERY long time, it's great to actually see some progress now. From the small clip they've released for State of Decay, it seems promising. You can check it out at http://undeadlabs.com/. There's more interviews posted on the forum that talk about the design of the game.

    There's also the possibility that Techland (maker of Dead Island) is creating an open world MMO since they registered a trademark for the name 'Dead World'. I liked Dead Island overall and I think if they can add complexity and depth to the game, it could make for a great MMO.

  15. #1055
    Thank the lord this was only 10 bucks. I'll just keep it in my steam library so I can laugh from time to time.

  16. #1056
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,260
    I don't believe this video has been posted yet:

    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  17. #1057
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Wonder why nobody makes a AAA zombie survival game, they only have to beat a mod and an indie game that isn't put together all too impressively. People clearly have interest in buying such a game, seeing as how War Z was the most sold games for the 24 hours it was up on Steam (no matter how many copies that actually is.)
    As Goosie said, its a high risk genre. The thing is, outside of surviving the undead and finding food and supplies what other content is there? Not everyone enjoys player created/driven content and it would be close to impossible to write content fast enough to keep everyone interested.

    No, Zombie Apoc survival is a niche genre for sure.

    But with the upcoming film World War Z starring Brad Pitt, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few pop up to ride the coat tales of the movies fame. By then we should also see the DayZ SA out and possibly even the Dead Lingor which regardless of its current state, will show promise as its being built from the ground up.

  18. #1058
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,631
    Oh yeah, its definitely "niche." Nor am I convinced there is a lot of pressure here. Thanks to WarZ, the bar has been set about as low as it can go. I think we can safely say that being first, or now second, to launch is no longer the big "thing" here. The next zombie sandbox to launch is going to be greeted with a lot more scrutiny. So all the more reason to take your time with it.

  19. #1059
    people keep mentioning the copy pasted TOS from LOL but that wasnt the most shocking thing, while on steam they postsed up a new TOS which in bold at the top stated if they accepted it people would no longer be entitled to a refund, that is the most shocking or all. The former is laziness, the latter is outright illegal. I doubt steam will ever allow it back onto their store. Also look at it on metacritic :P

    This has turned out better than i could have imagine in terms of it crashing and burning. The only depressing thing about this whole situation is simply that rocket has questioned his own game as a result of it. I hope for one he stays true and continues with his work, someone has to save this industry after its integrity has been shattered so badly. Also it has just shown the sheer level of stupidity of the general gaming populace. Next time people need to open their eyes.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-12-22 at 08:10 AM.

  20. #1060
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    people keep mentioning the copy pasted TOS from LOL but that wasnt the most shocking thing, while on steam they postsed up a new TOS which in bold at the top stated if they accepted it people would no longer be entitled to a refund, that is the most shocking or all. The former is laziness, the latter is outright illegal. I doubt steam will ever allow it back onto their store. Also look at it on metacritic :P

    This has turned out better than i could have imagine in terms of it crashing and burning. The only depressing thing about this whole situation is simply that rocket has questioned his own game as a result of it. I hope for one he stays true and continues with his work, someone has to save this industry after its integrity has been shattered so badly. Also it has just shown the sheer level of stupidity of the general gaming populace. Next time people need to open their eyes.
    The latter isn't outright illegal. In fact look at most EULA.
    However remember that your local law will always trump EULA / TOS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •