Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As much as I regret my purchase, those patch notes actually look promising.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    As much as I regret my purchase, those patch notes actually look promising.
    My sentiments exactly. this is one step forward instead of the usual 10 steps backwards.

Ready....Set....ROUND2 GO!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/10024/

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Best. Game. Ever.

Meh, at least this time they are honest about the game features this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

I haven't played the game since the beginning of January. Anything worth mentioning happen since then?

It's probably been said several times in 51 pages but...
    War Z is a rushed game on an inefficient engine with an unskilled development team.
    The dev team has a very poor and shady history.
    Most of the things you see in their advertisements are not possible in game.
    It was pulled even from Steam due to false advertisement.
    It has a Meta-Critic rating of ~23/100.

Buyer Beware.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Why this game isn't banned for sale and the devs not being put on some sort of charges are beyond me.
    At least their showing some effort in improving the game, but it's a lost cause now. Don't give your money to these dope's.

Hell, those damn telemarketer scammers get away with pretty much anything, so why not these guy's? I mean it's not like they falsely advertised their game in any way, right?
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-02-27 at 04:09 AM.

screenshots on the steam page are still false advertising and it doesn't mention anywhere that the game is still a work in progress.

Hopefully no one falls for the same crap again and buys this garbage. I think it's been proven time and time again that this game was a sham

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Also...

I played their previous game, War Inc: BattleZone a lot. In early development it was really good and had a HUGE amount of potential, it gained a lot of popularity. Then they tried to make it more popular by attempting to turn it into a third person version of Modern Warfare. Numbers peak then decline sharply... BAM!

They halt development (without warning) on an unfinished game abandoning their paying, loyal players. No updates, balances, or bug fixes. No official support on their forums. They do leave the game up with their overpriced cash shop in place. I'm talking $50 for a weapon modification (like a silencer) that can only be used on a single weapon.

The have been working on WarZ since then.

I will never buy WarZ or any future products they have had a hand in. They don't know what they're doing and they don't care to screw people over.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Anyone with a keen eye for business would be buying up every WarZ product they can get their hands on as an investment to sell them to hipsters in ~20 years, disasters like this are the shitty old granny chairs of the future.

Back on steam, this game is going places! Okay I jest its only going down the pan along with the developers. Shame because I bought this way back on false promises and bullshit lies, it was going to be great, 2nd and last time im being burnt on hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Also...

I played their previous game, War Inc: BattleZone a lot. In early development it was really good and had a HUGE amount of potential, it gained a lot of popularity. Then they tried to make it more popular by attempting to turn it into a third person version of Modern Warfare. Numbers peak then decline sharply... BAM!

They halt development (without warning) on an unfinished game abandoning their paying, loyal players. No updates, balances, or bug fixes. No official support on their forums. They do leave the game up with their overpriced cash shop in place. I'm talking $50 for a weapon modification (like a silencer) that can only be used on a single weapon.

The have been working on WarZ since then.

I will never buy WarZ or any future products they have had a hand in. They don't know what they're doing and they don't care to screw people over.
    I'm curious if there's legal action that's going to be taken against them. I'm not sure where they're even based, but I'd assume that things like the Better Business Bureau would have an interest in continued shit service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm curious if there's legal action that's going to be taken against them. I'm not sure where they're even based, but I'd assume that things like the Better Business Bureau would have an interest in continued shit service.
    BBB can't really do anything IIRC. It's just a rating system.

For the most part all the companies and persons involved have limited liability so even if you did take legal action you wouldn't get much back if you won.

*edit* Essentially the infrastructure is deliberately setup in a way that means it's just not worth the effort to try and sue them in any way, unless you're a lot bigger and just want to close them down.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-02-28 at 01:31 AM.

Played it, would not recommend it. Waste of time!
    Great Uther's ghost, it's chasing after us! Squire, do something! Throw rocks at it! I have no plan!

Think its well known now that war z is a fundamental failure of epic proportions, a failure that will hopefully see the death of these developers. A turgid game produced by a vindictive, manipulative little studio, a cash grab of the most obvious kind. I was caught hook line and sinker with this, even defended it for a while before release.

I'm suprised the hype of War z and Day Z lasted as long as it did to be honest.

Both were subpar zombie survival games which most likely got a load of hype due to the walking dead tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Think its well known now that war z is a fundamental failure of epic proportions, a failure that will hopefully see the death of these developers. A turgid game produced by a vindictive, manipulative little studio, a cash grab of the most obvious kind. I was caught hook line and sinker with this, even defended it for a while before release.
    Dont beat yourself up too much, game hype is a powerful tool. Its taken me years to see through the bullshit and I still get caught up in it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    I'm suprised the hype of War z and Day Z lasted as long as it did to be honest.

Both were subpar zombie survival games which most likely got a load of hype due to the walking dead tv series.
    There was never a lot of "hype" with DayZ persay because there was never anything for anyone to hype. More of a battle between which is going to be better and DayZ is still under development and looking quite good to be honest. I just got sick of waiting so my interests will return when it finally releases. But even the DayZ mod has been drastically changed and has tons of features now.