Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
... LastLast
  1. #21
    News update! please note this will be updated to the OP aswell, reason for doing it in here is that so you know what the new information is.


    3 new screenshots added, when im home from work il clean the screenshot section up.







    The 2nd screenshot seems to be a screenshot from the trailer!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    News update! please note this will be updated to the OP aswell, reason for doing it in here is that so you know what the new information is.


    3 new screenshots added, when im home from work il clean the screenshot section up.

    SNIP

    The 2nd screenshot seems to be a screenshot from the trailer!
    What are those screen shots from?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    What are those screen shots from?
    All 3 screenshots are from the game The War Z. zombie shooter ( check out the OP for all the information )

    Now that i looked at it, it seems both screenshot one and two are from the trailer, (expected to come mid September)
    Third screenshot is more of a gameplay/action screenshot.

  4. #24
    Warchief Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,241
    Yeah those first 2 screenshots must be from the trailer, the graphics aren't THAT good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  5. #25
    It has been a while since I've got excited this much over an MMO.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    It has been a while since I've got excited this much over an MMO.
    I'm trying to not get my hopes up because I'd rather think its going to be 'average' and then be amazed then assume the best and be disappointed. Overall I think this game will be great because its only catering to a select crowd and not trying to grab 100% of the MMO playerbase lol.

  7. #27
    Later Today/Tommorow, a video will be uploaded to give a general idea of how big the map is goign to be, Cris Tower ( a member on the War Z forums ) made a rough scale of the map in Unity Web Player, so stay tuned!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    Later Today/Tommorow, a video will be uploaded to give a general idea of how big the map is goign to be, Cris Tower ( a member on the War Z forums ) made a rough scale of the map in Unity Web Player, so stay tuned!
    Can't wait!

    Im hoping this game works out i've always wanted a zombie survival game :3

    Zombies + Scavenging + Multiplayer + Good controls = Take my money!

  9. #29
    I started to become active on the War Z forums, but alas my time has to be spent here. I can't moderate multiple websites!

    Also I will come back and check frequently for this video. I am intrigued.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I started to become active on the War Z forums, but alas my time has to be spent here. I can't moderate multiple websites!

    Also I will come back and check frequently for this video. I am intrigued.
    I honestly can't stand their forums, the colour and layout bugs me too much :3

    And with the video being released we will get yet another few minutes of greatness.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm trying to not get my hopes up because I'd rather think its going to be 'average' and then be amazed then assume the best and be disappointed. Overall I think this game will be great because its only catering to a select crowd and not trying to grab 100% of the MMO playerbase lol.
    What they are doing is good for longevity of the game. They are also not trying to cater same "hardcore" players we're familiar these days, rather going for old definition which is more about making smart decisions and not just mechanical skills and long investment time.

    MMOs these days have almost no risk involved. Risk vs reward game is definitely much more fun than number crunching and dance dance revolution games.

    Acquiring a car comes into my mind right now where it would be convenient (reward) vs. being seen and heard by other players which could potentially make yourself a beaconing target. (risk)
    Last edited by Elenion; 2012-09-05 at 11:39 PM.

  12. #32
    News update! please note this will be updated to the OP aswell, reason for doing it in here is that so you know what the new information is.

    Added a video to roughly show the map size that Colorado is going to be, please note that this map has the exact same height/with and lenght as Colorado (Obviously Mountains and Cities could/will be diffrent considering this is a map created by a user on that forum.

    Map Size Impression

    Last edited by markdead; 2012-09-06 at 11:36 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    News update! please note this will be updated to the OP aswell, reason for doing it in here is that so you know what the new information is.

    Added a video to roughly show the map size that Colorado is going to be, please note that this map has the exact same height/with and lenght as Colorado (Obviously Mountains and Cities could/will be diffrent considering this is a map created by a user on that forum.

    Map Size Impression


    Based on which book?

    If you mean World War Z - have you read the book? its has no connection to that book or upcoming film-

    And that unity engine build map fly through thing will probably be better than the actual game ;-)


    Bashing a game that is still in the alpha phase of testing is unnecessary and serves no purpose. Consider this infraction a warning to post constructively or don't post in this thread at all.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-09-06 at 04:30 PM.

  14. #34
    Will this game make you feel like you living the series walking dead?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    Based on which book?

    If you mean World War Z - have you read the book? its has no connection to that book or upcoming film-

    And that unity engine build map fly through thing will probably be better than the actual game ;-)
    No i havent read the book, the reason i brought that up was simple, one of the creators mentioned it, and no i don't think so that this Unity Engine will be better then the real game.

    Now may i ask you a question? I understand you may or may not want to discuss this game, all the posts that you placed in this specific thread has been only about bashing this game. What is your official reason to hate a game that is still in Alpha?

    -edit

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoe View Post
    Will this game make you feel like you living the series walking dead?
    He-he i suppose so , its a sandbox game based on pure survival but then in an MMO style, i know that if its going to be decent, i'm going to spend allot of hours in this with friends, i'm a massive fan of zombies!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    Based on which book?

    If you mean World War Z - have you read the book? its has no connection to that book or upcoming film-

    And that unity engine build map fly through thing will probably be better than the actual game ;-)
    It chose a name relative to that of World War Z (Hence WAR Z). It seems to be fitting. Just because one letter is the same doesn't make it a rip-off of another title.

    Please stop bashing a game you clearly haven't looked into. You have nothing constructive to add other than "this game is fail" so please step out of this thread. The idea behind the game looks amazing. Its being built from the ground up with the intentions of it being a zombie survival game. Nothing they have released indicates that its going to be bad.

  17. #37
    News update! please note this will be updated to the OP aswell, reason for doing it in here is that so you know what the new information is.

    1 More screenshot has been added by the developer



    The following "story" was added by the developer aswell, explaining something about the screenshot

    Okay, so I went to explore this house. Dropped flare to illuminate my path. Found some food inside and when I was on my way back found that fucking zombies just flocking to light like moths.

    Spent almost 10 minutes just lying still there, until flare went off and they left
    ...

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    News update! please note this will be updated to the OP aswell, reason for doing it in here is that so you know what the new information is.

    1 More screenshot has been added by the developer



    The following "story" was added by the developer aswell, explaining something about the screenshot

    Okay, so I went to explore this house. Dropped flare to illuminate my path. Found some food inside and when I was on my way back found that fucking zombies just flocking to light like moths.

    Spent almost 10 minutes just lying still there, until flare went off and they left
    ...
    That's pretty cool, so the zombies also react to light? or was it the burning sound made by flare attracted them?

    I hope the gun ammos are not everywhere so you have to learn how to aim, conserve ammo and dodge needless fights. Instead of just another spray and pray after certain point of gaming.

  19. #39
    Although I am excited for this game, I am a bit worried about how they plan to approach death penalties and the such. Honestly, I feel Day Z has properly handled penalties for death. You can lose everything, or you can get everything back if you have a organized team.

    From what I have read, it looks like hardcore has permadeath much like dayz, while "softcore" or normal mode has a 24 hour death timer? I can understand not wanting to lose progression towards skills, but a timer on playing the game? That just seems overboard.

    I feel that they shouldn't have hardcore and normal mode at all, they should just have the same penalties as dayz. If you die, you spawn at some random point on the map, and can lose everything. I do not believe this should apply to skill progression. Maybe in menial skills, like running a longer distance without becoming winded, that could be lost. Idk, im just worried alot about this portion of the game.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Although I am excited for this game, I am a bit worried about how they plan to approach death penalties and the such. Honestly, I feel Day Z has properly handled penalties for death. You can lose everything, or you can get everything back if you have a organized team.

    From what I have read, it looks like hardcore has permadeath much like dayz, while "softcore" or normal mode has a 24 hour death timer? I can understand not wanting to lose progression towards skills, but a timer on playing the game? That just seems overboard.

    I feel that they shouldn't have hardcore and normal mode at all, they should just have the same penalties as dayz. If you die, you spawn at some random point on the map, and can lose everything. I do not believe this should apply to skill progression. Maybe in menial skills, like running a longer distance without becoming winded, that could be lost. Idk, im just worried alot about this portion of the game.
    I disagree, if you want less severe penalty for death then.. just wait for stand-alone version for DayZ. War Z will make game community much much more dynamic and important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •