Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    You finally provided some proof that is readable thank you for that.

    After reading some of the points the creator of the Reddit page came up with, i suppose you could say it could be a fake game or so to speak, however I've seen many games develop in my time, and this just looks like Alpha it could all be acting but i don't know, i have some money to spare so i'm going to check if its worth it, probably on release i will make my final decision, if it turns out as a hoax ( which i doubt ) i will make sure to post it here on the main page, however, keep in mind the team they have now is around 10 people or a bit smaller, they've got 1 community member Kewk, that has been on this forum as well, maybe a couple of Devs. But as i said, they have been in contact with Curse, ( or at least the video's show it that way and so do some tweets ) So the chance of it being a hoax is rather small. Thank you for enlightening us tho with all the information you provided, it sure gave as a fresh view on this game!

    no worries

    but raaaaaaaa why do you keep mentioning a hoax/fake. I have said like 3 times i dont think its a fake, but i think they have lied about the game, i feel they have conducted themselves ( as a company) in a less than admirable way and they are simply hopping on the bangwagon that was dayz's success. I feel like they have lied in order to make some cash/make it seem like it was their original idea, which is disgraceful . I have no doubt that the game exists, whether or not it will be any good, considering the lead up to it release, i dont know.

    I think you have the right idea though, wait for a while, see how it pans out then invest. But investing in a game on some rather choppy gameplay footage and screenshots is somewhat silly right now. They have yet to prove themselves as a company/the game in any way whatsoever. I will happily buy it if it turns out to be good, but right now, now way in hell am i giving sergey titov any of my money, i mean would you trust this man XD





    on that note these are the only two pictures in existence of Titov , he seems like a knob and his grammar is fucking atrocious!

  2. #242
    I see no reason to judge someone based on the way they look and yes his grammer may be poor but it seems that english isn't his first language.

    I see no problem purchasing the game now, It's a new business model we're seeing more of and I trust that they will continue improving the game, games come a LONG way going from alpha to beta and beta to release.

    You can't expect something to grow without support, look at MC when it was first available compared to now. CS was originally a mod that became a major game in the FPS genre and even DayZ is becoming a standalone because it has the playerbase to support it SO many people bought Arma II simply to try DayZ.

    The genre is noones idea surival games have been done before noone can own a genre, The war Z isn't "hopping on the bandwagon of Dayzs success you say it as if DayZ created the whole idea of zombies, everything zombie related has been on a rise with the success of The Walking Dead so if anything DayZ hopped on the bandwagon for The Walking Dead.

    Your being incredibly unfair and judgemental.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-10 at 10:59 PM.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    After reading through that link, I think it's all grasping at straws.

    Q: Because I know it's going to be asked. "When did actual development start on the game?"

    A: We started planning this game in late 2010. We started preproduction in mid 2011, entered production by november 2011, we've added new developers to the team and kinda went into overdrive by June 2012. And yes this last thing - trying to get game out asap was heavily influenced by Dayz success.

    That is a quote from the forum Q&A by Sergey. So they have been in development for about 11 months, and I would say they are doing a great job. Everyone who talks about the game being a hoax uses the excuse that they didn't have a website/youtube account until just recently. So what!? What if they did make it when they first started game production, it's not like they had any info to put on it about The WarZ or any other game because they are a brand new company. This is an unknown company making a pretty big game, they needed to make sure that this game was going to work before they start giving info to the community.

    "Titov says here that the production studio Hammertime Interactive only started conceptualizing the idea 'a few weeks ago', which means April or May 2012."
    This is a quote from the reddit page, I read all of the links and NOWHERE did anyone say they started conceptualizing a few weeks ago.

    This whole reddit page was posted 2 months ago, we have gotten a lot of new information on the game now. Even some game review websites got their hands on the game. They obviously aren't showing us some stuff but the fact that they have the game and are playing it means it's real. This game is in no way a hoax.

    On the P2W topic, they have said it many times that they won't be selling stuff that adds any sort of advantage to the player. They also said that any stuff that is bought or found WILL be dropped upon death. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, if you die, you lose it.

    Edit: Also, I would like to point out that every single purchase was made online which means that, unless someone paid with a debit card, no one has technically paid anything. Come the 15th if the game were to not come out and the devs "ran away with our money" everyone would just put in a claim with their credit card company, Paypal, etc. and the Devs would go to jail with nothing. Basically what I'm saying is that there is no way this could be a scam.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 05:11 PM ----------

    New video:
    AGAIN i will say I DONT THINK IT IS A HOAX. for the 5th time now, so please can people stop focusing on this point when i have actually said no such thing. Maybe read the post before you actually reply because i have had to repeat that so many times its making me die a little inside.

    again what people say and what they eventually do are two entirely different thing, say the game doesn't turn over enough money, they might introduce more things that make it lean towards a pay to win, but as i said it was my personal opinion, take it or leave it. There are plenty of reasons for it turning into that, as as ive said before i dont trust them as a company not to, considering much bigger, more lucrative companies have done the same.

    My point is simply there is no evidence they conceptualized it before dayz, they are just saying they are, which i feel is a flat out lie. Also that was the first time i have ever heard Sergey say that dayz has been a driving force in pushing forward the war z. In previous interviews he has been very adamant that dayz has had no impact on its development.

    Also limiting the info given out to the public is something that will make a unknown game crash and burn, and creates speculation like this. They have simply shot themselves in the foot there. Making it open, giving the community access to the beta for free, etc, that will create a good, loyal player base, limiting access and only being able to get on the beta by pre-ordering is a sure-fire way to limit the amount of people who will buy it....period.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    limiting access and only being able to get on the beta by pre-ordering is a sure-fire way to limit the amount of people who will buy it....period.
    Minecraft would like to say hello.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    After reading through that link, I think it's all grasping at straws.

    Q: Because I know it's going to be asked. "When did actual development start on the game?"

    A: We started planning this game in late 2010. We started preproduction in mid 2011, entered production by november 2011, we've added new developers to the team and kinda went into overdrive by June 2012. And yes this last thing - trying to get game out asap was heavily influenced by Dayz success.

    That is a quote from the forum Q&A by Sergey. So they have been in development for about 11 months, and I would say they are doing a great job. Everyone who talks about the game being a hoax uses the excuse that they didn't have a website/youtube account until just recently. So what!? What if they did make it when they first started game production, it's not like they had any info to put on it about The WarZ or any other game because they are a brand new company. This is an unknown company making a pretty big game, they needed to make sure that this game was going to work before they start giving info to the community.

    "Titov says here that the production studio Hammertime Interactive only started conceptualizing the idea 'a few weeks ago', which means April or May 2012."
    This is a quote from the reddit page, I read all of the links and NOWHERE did anyone say they started conceptualizing a few weeks ago.

    This whole reddit page was posted 2 months ago, we have gotten a lot of new information on the game now. Even some game review websites got their hands on the game. They obviously aren't showing us some stuff but the fact that they have the game and are playing it means it's real. This game is in no way a hoax.

    On the P2W topic, they have said it many times that they won't be selling stuff that adds any sort of advantage to the player. They also said that any stuff that is bought or found WILL be dropped upon death. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, if you die, you lose it.

    Edit: Also, I would like to point out that every single purchase was made online which means that, unless someone paid with a debit card, no one has technically paid anything. Come the 15th if the game were to not come out and the devs "ran away with our money" everyone would just put in a claim with their credit card company, Paypal, etc. and the Devs would go to jail with nothing. Basically what I'm saying is that there is no way this could be a scam.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 05:11 PM ----------

    New video:
    AGAIN i will say I DONT THINK IT IS A HOAX. for the 5th time now, so please can people stop focusing on this point when i have actually said no such thing. Maybe read the post before you actually reply because i have had to repeat that so many times its making me die a little inside.

    again what people say and what they eventually do are two entirely different thing, say the game doesn't turn over enough money, they might introduce more things that make it lean towards a pay to win, but as i said it was my personal opinion, take it or leave it. There are plenty of reasons for it turning into that, as as ive said before i dont trust them as a company not to, considering much bigger, more lucrative companies have done the same.

    My point is simply there is no evidence they conceptualized it before dayz, they are just saying they are, which i feel is a flat out lie. Also that was the first time i have ever heard Sergey say that dayz has been a driving force in pushing forward the war z. In previous interviews he has been very adamant that dayz has had no impact on its development.

    Also limiting the info given out to the public is something that will make a unknown game crash and burn, and creates speculation like this. They have simply shot themselves in the foot there. Making it open, giving the community access to the beta for free, etc, that will create a good, loyal player base, limiting access and only being able to get on the beta by pre-ordering is a sure-fire way to limit the amount of people who will buy it....period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I see no reason to judge someone based on the way they look and yes his grammer may be poor but it seems that english isn't his first language.

    I see no problem purchasing the game now, It's a new business model we're seeing more of and I trust that they will continue improving the game, games come a LONG way going from alpha to beta and beta to release.

    You can't expect something to grow without support, look at MC when it was first available compared to now. CS was originally a mod that became a major game in the FPS genre and even DayZ is becoming a standalone because it has the playerbase to support it SO many people bought Arma II simply to try DayZ.

    The genre is noones idea surival games have been done before noone can own a genre, The war Z isn't "hopping on the bandwagon of Dayzs success you say it as if DayZ created the whole idea of zombies, everything zombie related has been on a rise with the success of The Walking Dead.
    yes both MC and CS were available to the public for free in some form originally as a mod/as a free version, there has been no such thing with the war z, as i mentioned this in my last post. Also the sergey post was simply a joke, but if you don't really understand humour i will reply seriously as there is actually a valid point to be had from it. You would think someone who has worked on who has working in the games industry for so long as a games developer on English ( in terms of language) titles would at least have a basic grasp of the language/ get someone to at least proof read it before they sent it out. It gives the game a cheap impression when the lead developer cant even be assed to make sure his posts actually make sense to his main markets ( ie english speaking people/ countries ) its just idiotic.

    For example if i was planning to win a business in Japan and didnt know how to speak the language, i wouldn't slap it into google translate and send it out, it would look sloppy and unprofessional. I would get someone who had a proper knowledge of the language to write it and make sure it was 100% correct.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    After reading through that link, I think it's all grasping at straws.

    Q: Because I know it's going to be asked. "When did actual development start on the game?"

    A: We started planning this game in late 2010. We started preproduction in mid 2011, entered production by november 2011, we've added new developers to the team and kinda went into overdrive by June 2012. And yes this last thing - trying to get game out asap was heavily influenced by Dayz success.

    That is a quote from the forum Q&A by Sergey. So they have been in development for about 11 months, and I would say they are doing a great job. Everyone who talks about the game being a hoax uses the excuse that they didn't have a website/youtube account until just recently. So what!? What if they did make it when they first started game production, it's not like they had any info to put on it about The WarZ or any other game because they are a brand new company. This is an unknown company making a pretty big game, they needed to make sure that this game was going to work before they start giving info to the community.

    "Titov says here that the production studio Hammertime Interactive only started conceptualizing the idea 'a few weeks ago', which means April or May 2012."
    This is a quote from the reddit page, I read all of the links and NOWHERE did anyone say they started conceptualizing a few weeks ago.

    This whole reddit page was posted 2 months ago, we have gotten a lot of new information on the game now. Even some game review websites got their hands on the game. They obviously aren't showing us some stuff but the fact that they have the game and are playing it means it's real. This game is in no way a hoax.

    On the P2W topic, they have said it many times that they won't be selling stuff that adds any sort of advantage to the player. They also said that any stuff that is bought or found WILL be dropped upon death. It doesn't matter how much money you spend, if you die, you lose it.

    Edit: Also, I would like to point out that every single purchase was made online which means that, unless someone paid with a debit card, no one has technically paid anything. Come the 15th if the game were to not come out and the devs "ran away with our money" everyone would just put in a claim with their credit card company, Paypal, etc. and the Devs would go to jail with nothing. Basically what I'm saying is that there is no way this could be a scam.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 05:11 PM ----------

    New video:
    AGAIN i will say I DONT THINK IT IS A HOAX. for the 5th time now, so please can people stop focusing on this point when i have actually said no such thing. Maybe read the post before you actually reply because i have had to repeat that so many times its making me die a little inside.

    again what people say and what they eventually do are two entirely different thing, say the game doesn't turn over enough money, they might introduce more things that make it lean towards a pay to win, but as i said it was my personal opinion, take it or leave it. There are plenty of reasons for it turning into that, as as ive said before i dont trust them as a company not to, considering much bigger, more lucrative companies have done the same.

    My point is simply there is no evidence they conceptualized it before dayz, they are just saying they are, which i feel is a flat out lie. Also that was the first time i have ever heard Sergey say that dayz has been a driving force in pushing forward the war z. In previous interviews he has been very adamant that dayz has had no impact on its development.

    Also limiting the info given out to the public is something that will make a unknown game crash and burn, and creates speculation like this. They have simply shot themselves in the foot there. Making it open, giving the community access to the beta for free, etc, that will create a good, loyal player base, limiting access and only being able to get on the beta by pre-ordering is a sure-fire way to limit the amount of people who will buy it....period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I see no reason to judge someone based on the way they look and yes his grammer may be poor but it seems that english isn't his first language.

    I see no problem purchasing the game now, It's a new business model we're seeing more of and I trust that they will continue improving the game, games come a LONG way going from alpha to beta and beta to release.

    You can't expect something to grow without support, look at MC when it was first available compared to now. CS was originally a mod that became a major game in the FPS genre and even DayZ is becoming a standalone because it has the playerbase to support it SO many people bought Arma II simply to try DayZ.

    The genre is noones idea surival games have been done before noone can own a genre, The war Z isn't "hopping on the bandwagon of Dayzs success you say it as if DayZ created the whole idea of zombies, everything zombie related has been on a rise with the success of The Walking Dead.
    yes both MC and CS were available to the public for free in some form originally as a mod/as a free version, there has been no such thing with the war z, as i mentioned this in my last post. Also the sergey post was simply a joke, but if you don't really understand humour i will reply seriously as there is actually a valid point to be had from it. You would think someone who has worked on who has working in the games industry for so long as a games developer on English ( in terms of language) titles would at least have a basic grasp of the language/ get someone to at least proof read it before they sent it out. It gives the game a cheap impression when the lead developer cant even be assed to make sure his posts actually make sense to his main markets ( ie english speaking people/ countries ) its just idiotic.

    For example if i was planning to win a business in Japan and didnt know how to speak the language, i wouldn't slap it into google translate and send it out, it would look sloppy and unprofessional. I would get someone who had a proper knowledge of the language to write it and make sure it was 100% correct.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    snip
    AGAIN i will say I DONT THINK IT IS A HOAX. for the 5th time now, so please can people stop focusing on this point when i have actually said no such thing. Maybe read the post before you actually reply because i have had to repeat that so many times its making me die a little inside.

    again what people say and what they eventually do are two entirely different thing, say the game doesn't turn over enough money, they might introduce more things that make it lean towards a pay to win, but as i said it was my personal opinion, take it or leave it. There are plenty of reasons for it turning into that, as as ive said before i dont trust them as a company not to, considering much bigger, more lucrative companies have done the same.

    My point is simply there is no evidence they conceptualized it before dayz, they are just saying they are, which i feel is a flat out lie. Also that was the first time i have ever heard Sergey say that dayz has been a driving force in pushing forward the war z. In previous interviews he has been very adamant that dayz has had no impact on its development.

    Also limiting the info given out to the public is something that will make a unknown game crash and burn, and creates speculation like this. They have simply shot themselves in the foot there. Making it open, giving the community access to the beta for free, etc, that will create a good, loyal player base, limiting access and only being able to get on the beta by pre-ordering is a sure-fire way to limit the amount of people who will buy it....period.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    snip
    yes both MC and CS were available to the public for free in some form originally as a mod/as a free version, there has been no such thing with the war z, as i mentioned this in my last post. Also the sergey post was simply a joke, but if you don't really understand humour i will reply seriously as there is actually a valid point to be had from it. You would think someone who has worked on who has working in the games industry for so long as a games developer on English ( in terms of language) titles would at least have a basic grasp of the language/ get someone to at least proof read it before they sent it out. It gives the game a cheap impression when the lead developer cant even be assed to make sure his posts actually make sense to his main markets ( ie english speaking people/ countries ) its just idiotic.

    For example if i was planning to win a business in Japan and didnt know how to speak the language, i wouldn't slap it into google translate and send it out, it would look sloppy and unprofessional. I would get someone who had a proper knowledge of the language to write it and make sure it was 100% correct.

    sorry something funky is going on with my posts atm

  8. #248
    wth is going on my last post keeps disappearing and reappearing,

  9. #249
    If I remember correctly Minecraft didn't have a free limited version until shortly after it was available for purchase. If The War Z has something similar we don't know just yet besides two of the purchasable packs provide a 2 day trial to give to upto 3 friends. People that bought Arma II simply to play DayZ had no idea if they would like it or not, people also bought Halflife to play CS back when it was a mod uncertain if they would like it. Most recently many people purchased GW2 and it was very limited with the numbers to play on the beta and at end game many people dislike the game.

    As for your humour, humour can't be measured it's similar to art where everyone interprets it differently, to me what you said isn't funny and is simply rude in my opinion. I am aware that it was supposed to be a joke but I just don't find it funny.

    And at the end of the day it's only $20 at the least I'm sure you've spent more than that in some point in your life and were dissappointed with what you received.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-10 at 11:22 PM.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    You would think someone who has worked on who has working in the games industry for so long as a games developer on English ( in terms of language) titles would at least have a basic grasp of the language/ get someone to at least proof read it before they sent it out. It gives the game a cheap impression when the lead developer cant even be assed to make sure his posts actually make sense to his main markets ( ie english speaking people/ countries ) its just idiotic
    Looking at his twitter and recent posts on The War Z forum I don't really see anything wrong with the way he articulates, in terms of speech.

    Sure it may not be the best but it could be alot worse.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-10 at 11:34 PM.

  11. #251
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    on that note these are the only two pictures in existence of Titov , he seems like a knob and his grammar is fucking atrocious!
    Pshh that's no reason to dislike someone, he is Russian, i think, so English isn't his first language.
    There isn't a single picture of Boubouille and everyone loves him/her. Since you are new to the forums you might not know who he/she is; he/she is the creator of this website.

    The way Sergey talks to the community, I'm okay with him not speaking perfect english. He is always active on the forums replying to peoples comments and concerns, even answering some questions here and there. He also just make that post where everyone could ask him a question and he would answer it.

    Here is an older interview about The WarZ face to face with Sergey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vgZkIqMxt0 I think for English not being his first language he speaks it very well, much better than a lot of people who's first language is English.

    More questions answered:

    Q: What's about server overload on Oct 15 ?
    A: I forgot to answer this last time and I think this is very important question. There's two
    things to worry about - first of all downloads. This one is easy - we're using very reliable and fast CDN
    services, so we don't worry about that at all. We've been able to handle over 100K downloads in a first day before. Second
    thing is gameplay servers. We've already placed order for 30 game servers, each capable on handling around 1000 users at same time.
    Normally it's expected that only around 10-20% of all users will be playing game at same time, so this means that we have some safety net.
    Still there's a chance that we're severely underestimated your interest in a game, and we'll have denial of service situations. If this is
    going to happen please know we'll do everything to fix this ASAP.

    Q: Will there be a wipe after alpha (oct 30>31) or not?
    A: No.

    Q: Can you rent any other type of server besides "Stronghold" servers?
    A: You can rent either gameworld servers ( like normal game servers ) or smaller stronghold servers.

    Q: ring our 15 days in alpha version, will we be able to find loads of weapons and atachments to see how they work?
    A: Nope, you won't find "loads" of anything. You'll have slightly more generous spawn rates than we plan for beta though.

    Q:will players be able to mod the game client? with out getting banned
    A: No, there's no modding for The War Z - same rule as for any online game.

    Q: If we purchase access to the Alpha or Beta, are we allowed to post gameplay on Youtube?

    A: We've answered that before, just just to repeat - you won't be able to post anything about game until end of embargo period - probably first week of November.

    Q: will you still be able to free roam without joining for objectives ?
    A: Yes, in fact there'll be no objectives given to you unless you'll to looking for them.

    Q: how can I make money to buy things in the marketplace?
    A: First you'll be able to find money ina world. Second other players may reward you with money for performing missions for them. Third - hunt down notorious bandits from "Most Wanted" list. Last but not least - hunt special mutated zombies, extract their stem cells and sell for cash in safe settlements.

    Q: What are the minimum slots for a server?
    A: 30

    Q: What we can build in the Stronghold exactly ?
    A: There was no answer here, He probably left it blank on accident.

    Q: Is there any plan on adding aircraft (helicopters) to the game?
    A: No.

    Q: How will I be able to change FOV(field of view) in WarZ?

    A: Options menu.

    Q: If you kill someone in self defense who isn't a bandit will you still lose reputation?
    A: Unfortunately there's no way reliable detect "self defense" kill, so you'll lose reputation, unless of course you going to kill bandit - in this case your reputation score will increase.

    Q: Will you ever release a PvE only Server/server options?
    A: No.

    Q: Are the stem cell zombies still going to be implemented into the game.
    A: yes, they're available in a game.

    Q: Will I have access to the final game if I buy the pioneer version? Thank you.
    A: Whatever version you're buying - you're buying GAME. Early access to Alpha or Beta is a part of playing game.

    Q: Are there randomized spawns so people don't camp the spawn?

    A: Yes.

    Q: Will there be more than two types of zombie example fat, muscle,
    A: Yes, right now we have around 7 zombie types in a work.

    Q: Can the 48-hr access codes be activated after the 31st, IE. November 5th for example?
    A: Yes. Anytime after October 31st.

    Q: If you die in both modes will you loose your stuff?
    A: Yes

    Q: With regards to the buildings in the maps, what sort of percentage of them are accessible?
    A: Around 30% I think, with more added as we go.


    Edit: Also, here is a quote from Sergey about the recent video of the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey
    BTW just in case - this is one of two cities - smaller one. Larger city is all highrises, around four times bigger.



    Sergey Titov
    Executive Producer
    The War Z
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-11 at 02:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  12. #252
    As usual, thanks for the update

  13. #253
    "My Little Waaldo, My Little Waaldo."
    "You are the one for me.... "
    "My Little Waaldo, My Little Waaldo."
    "Why could that beee?"

    There we go, stopping with the my little pony shizzle before i actually kill myself.
    Thanks for the updates you bring when i'm sleeping, hopefully you'll keep it up.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I see no reason to judge someone based on the way they look and yes his grammer may be poor but it seems that english isn't his first language. Your being incredibly unfair and judgemental.
    Sorry, there was some funky jazz going on last night with my posts, looked like i had double posts, then when i deleted one it deleted both etc etc. Anyhu

    I guess you already saw my answer to this, but quite simply i was messing about and if your humor is that non existent, then fair enough, but as i said there was actually a serious point to take from his poor grammar, if you want to go down that road. ( in answer to Waaldo as well). Proper grammar is incredibly important, i couldn't give a rats ass whether its his first language or not. If he cannot write it properly he should get someone to check it/ write it for him. I will cite the example again, if i was pitching my business to a Japanese client/business, or if i was doing a press release in a different country i would never ever.....EVER send it out without it being checked by a native/ totally fluent speaking person, because it makes it look crappy. As i said his main market will be English speaking people/countries. It just feels lazy and sloppy. I would understand if it was some obscure language likeeeeeee say Xhosa, but its English, its the third most spoken language in the world ( in terms of native speakers). I think if we were to take second languages into account i would say its probs be up there with mandarin.

    Also saying his articulation is good is laughable, because when he writes its incredibly broke. Now i will never berate someone for not speaking a language correctly. But writing it, when you have time to correct, / get someone to correct it for you, there is no excuse. It makes it seem like a halfhearted effort.

    Yes he is incredibly active on the forums and the Facebook page. He has actively been deleting any posts that have been informed and critical about the game/company, as i mentioned in my OP. There have been loads of posts cropping up on the fb page and like the one mentioned in the reddit post in the same broken English defending the game to the death. He probably has multiple accounts in order to make it seem like that its the community defending the game rather than him. Something i dont have solid proof of, but when i person with all of 2 friends on fb is posting on the war z page daily defending the game in the exact same broken English Sergey writes in, it does get you thinking......

    Also it very much is a reason to dislike him...being a knob, looks and lack of grammar, no, but they add to an overall annoying personality.

    The fact is you all seem to be focusing on all the rather minor points. You keeping mentioning a hoax/ scam and i said in my OP i know that isn't the case. You focus on my rather crude joke, rather than the fact they have lied and tried to claim the zombie survival genre, which IS a new breed of game, as their brainchild. The game has been rushed out and they have frequently made claims that they have no evidence to back it up with. I don't appreciate companies lying in their infancy just to gain notoriety it doesn't bode well.

    All it is is a rushed mod of the war inc, whether or not it will be good is yet to be decided. But i will not actively support a developer who has lied and stolen an idea (IMO, if you think they came up with it before dayz that's your choice. If you want to go on blind faith/just what they have said, rather than the solid evidence of a mod that was played by over a million people, be my guest). Now i am very happy to support indie games developers, in fact i actively do, buying games i will most likely never play. But i will not invest in a company run by a egotistical man, who has lied, and actively censored the facebook / forums of any in depth criticism of the game/company.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-10-11 at 09:41 AM.

  15. #255
    I don't understand how you can criticize my humour when your clearly insulting someone and just admitted to disliking them along with your joke being crude.

    Please show me where they are trying to claim the zombie survival genre. There have been plenty of survival games in the past just now ones with zombies due to the recent increase in popularity of the zombie genre. I'm not saying they had the idea before Dayz I'm saying you can't own a genre.

    I'm open to you having a opinion but the only points I see you bringing up so far is your dislike for one of it's devs and trying to say there can only be one zombie survival game, again no-one can own a genre. It's like saying CoD copied Quake due to it being the same genre.

    Does it look rushed? To some maybe but only time will tell us how well it is.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-10-11 at 01:39 PM.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    snip
    So if I am getting your position correct it goes something like this:

    1. You dislike Sergey because you feel he is to hasty with his responses to questions, and doesn't take the time to have everything he writes peer-reviewed.

    Personally I would like it if he was more articulate in the English language. But that isn't what matters. He seems to respond light heartedly to comments made, and from what I can infer from his responses has a good personality. That's more important to me. If you are hung up on broken language it is your prerogative.

    2. You dislike The War Z because it is a War Inc Mod, is unoriginal, and directly stole ideas from Day Z.

    Often the wheel isn't re-invented. You can say that Day Z isn't original because the idea of zombies has been done many times over. Yes The War Z is a different company making a game that is similar to another game. This is actually something I cheer on though, because Day Z is riddled with hackers, and the Arma 2 engine makes it so easy it isn't funny.

    On a side note, you must really hate every sports franchise, and every CoD/BF game ever made. They aren't original, and rarely have new mechanics.

    3. You dislike their facebook page because they removed your comments.

    *sigh* I still don't have facebook. I'm 27 and my friends all want me to get one but I just don't want the drama. I dealt with that when myspace was big, and don't need the same shit twice. Deleting your comments is annoying, but critically think about what your comments said. I didn't write/read them so i don't know, but you know if what you said was acceptable or not.

    4. You feel they are lying in their advertisement of their game.

    Yeah, that is annoying. I hate when people lie in advertising, and am not going to say that "It happens all of the time" is a valid excuse. I even went to the tokyo game show's website, looked at the floor plan, and couldn't see where The War Z even had a booth. (I looked for Hammerpoint interactive)

    5. You feel it is going to be pay-to-win.

    Sorry man, but your definition of pay-to-win and the majority of others is quite different. In my opinion pay-to-win is any significant advantage attributed to money spent in a cash shop. These advantages cannot be found in the game, and thus the game is pay-to-win. Better rifles, or body armor being available in a cash shop could make a game pay-to-win. The War Z has said they won't do this, and all we can do is hope they don't.

    6. You dislike them charging for Alpha.

    So don't buy it? I don't understand why people have a problem with this. It isn't like your hands are tied and you cannot buy the game yourself. Just because the option is made available doesn't mean you have to support it, or should support it. I support it because I want to see the game succeed. If you don't support it, then don't buy it, but don't try to remove the right from others.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    So if I am getting your position correct it goes something like this:

    1. You dislike Sergey because you feel he is to hasty with his responses to questions, and doesn't take the time to have everything he writes peer-reviewed.

    Personally I would like it if he was more articulate in the English language. But that isn't what matters. He seems to respond light heartedly to comments made, and from what I can infer from his responses has a good personality. That's more important to me. If you are hung up on broken language it is your prerogative.

    I feel he could do more to put across a professional and timely approach to things he is putting to the public. It is my prerogative but something that has come up repeatedly as it doesn't speak well of the game if the lead developer cant even be bothered to check/get someone else to check his spelling/grammar.

    2. You dislike The War Z because it is a War Inc Mod, is unoriginal, and directly stole ideas from Day Z.

    Often the wheel isn't re-invented. You can say that Day Z isn't original because the idea of zombies has been done many times over. Yes The War Z is a different company making a game that is similar to another game. This is actually something I cheer on though, because Day Z is riddled with hackers, and the Arma 2 engine makes it so easy it isn't funny.

    On a side note, you must really hate every sports franchise, and every CoD/BF game ever made. They aren't original, and rarely have new mechanics.

    I do infact have somewhat of a distain for those companies yes. Like EA and the fifa series, they are churning out the same game every year with very minor changes. It's a cash cow, like a lot of other games. That is not to say i dont enjoy some of the games, its just the advertising that goes behind it that gets to me. Trying to portray them as new and innovative games when they are not. Yes i cant stand CoD anymore and BF i like but its got a bit boring now. The war Z has frequently tried to set itself as the original people behind the idea of a zombie survival game ( please list me some of these realistic survival games which are apparently everywhere?) . Also you say where have they claimed this? simply by saying that they started before dayz. They have absolutely no proof of this. This in the end is up to personal opinion. As there is no way of knowing 100%, but all i know is that dayz came out with a working ( ish) mod that had nearly 1million people who played it, the war z didnt even have a screenshot till July yet claimed to have thought of the idea first. Agreed dayz is a game i now don't play because of the hackers. But actually if you go on a hardcore server/ vet server it it incredibly unforgiving as a game (at least when it first started out) I feel the standalone will remedy many of the problems faced in the beta of the mod.

    3. You dislike their facebook page because they removed your comments.

    *sigh* I still don't have facebook. I'm 27 and my friends all want me to get one but I just don't want the drama. I dealt with that when myspace was big, and don't need the same shit twice. Deleting your comments is annoying, but critically think about what your comments said. I didn't write/read them so i don't know, but you know if what you said was acceptable or not.

    I said pretty much what i've said on here, but the main 3 points were:
    1) paying to be able to even get access to a beta/alpha is a bad idea, considering the speculation surrounding the game, and i would not be doing it.
    2) Offering 300+ payment methods just makes it seem like they are so desperate to get peoples money it doesn't bode well
    3) They need to address all the problems surrounding the game to install some faith back in the following.


    4. You feel they are lying in their advertisement of their game.

    Yeah, that is annoying. I hate when people lie in advertising, and am not going to say that "It happens all of the time" is a valid excuse. I even went to the tokyo game show's website, looked at the floor plan, and couldn't see where The War Z even had a booth. (I looked for Hammerpoint interactive)

    This is one thing that really really put me off. MC thrived because the bloke was doing it on his own, was very honest about its production timeline, didnt make fanciful claims and generally seemed like a genuine bloke. The War Z has made so many claims just to make themselves look good, almost all of them unsubstantiated, and some just insulting to the fans as well. The Tokyo Gameshow one was the one that got to me the most. It just felt like my intelligence was being insulted, they actually believed anyone would buy that? I mean Highschool of the Dead never picked up in Japan because of exactly the reasons why The war Z would never be even close to the most popular game in a tokyo gamshow.

    5. You feel it is going to be pay-to-win.

    Sorry man, but your definition of pay-to-win and the majority of others is quite different. In my opinion pay-to-win is any significant advantage attributed to money spent in a cash shop. These advantages cannot be found in the game, and thus the game is pay-to-win. Better rifles, or body armor being available in a cash shop could make a game pay-to-win. The War Z has said they won't do this, and all we can do is hope they don't.

    I feel like a broken record, because i have already said this, but it is not currently a play to win, but that is where i personally see it going, I have already said this so I wont bother to repeat everything i have already said, just having an ingame shop goes against every part of me as a long time MMO/online gamer.

    6. You dislike them charging for Alpha.

    So don't buy it? I don't understand why people have a problem with this. It isn't like your hands are tied and you cannot buy the game yourself. Just because the option is made available doesn't mean you have to support it, or should support it. I support it because I want to see the game succeed. If you don't support it, then don't buy it, but don't try to remove the right from others.

    Alpha/ Beta testing is an integral part of getting a game ready to release to the public. Also Alpha and Beta's are usually limited to a small collection of the public not to EVERYONE. Letting everyone into the alpha and beta testing for a game like this is not only monumentally stupid, but it is going to taint a lot of people's view of it. This is not MC, the server load, isssues, bugs etc are going to be MUCH harder to deal with. I am also rather worried by the fact they have only just installed the servers ( from what Sergey said in his replies to questions) about a week before they are due to go live? This means there has not been any extensive stress testing/ prep for release. I see the 15th being an absolute clusterfuck. This is not an alpha/beta test ( alpha tests dont take just 2 weeks) it is simply a rushed pre-release of an unfinished game, which i foresee pissing a lot of people off. Now i actually hope i am wrong, because i like most of what the game has to offer. I am not trying to take it away from other people, as i am quite happy for others to be the guinea pigs before i spend my money, i just think those who do will regret it. But i very well could be wrong.
    also in regards to my humor, yes it was crude, but it was hardly like i started hurling horribly obscene words about. Much worse things have been said about much nicer people in my opinion. Its hardly something that 1 warrants it becoming such a massive topic of conversation and 2 you getting so upset about.

    Also comparing CoD and quake is not a very good one, they are both shooters yes, but are different in every single possible way. The difference is there have not been any other attempts to create a REALISTIC zombie survival game with a massive open world map that is brutal and unforgiving. Hence why dayz was so popular. All of these games fit under shooters, but lets regard say the survival mmo genre as a subcategory.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-10-11 at 03:17 PM.

  18. #258
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,112
    Alpha/ Beta testing is an integral part of getting a game ready to release to the public. Also Alpha and Beta's are usually limited to a small collection of the public not to EVERYONE
    Can someone please inform blizzard next time they beta test not to let millions of people do it, can someone also inform arena net and those pesky guys at tera that your doing it wrong, Triggy says only a small number should beta test not the hundreds of thousands that testerd those games...Please get out of the past.

    Unfortunately apart from this false advertisement that does irk me, your posts are concise but completely wrong in my opinion. Your view on beta testing is so outdated and so wrong that its getting annoying seeing people like you post this nonsense. Beta is for whoever the hell wants to do it and any way that a company wants to do it, its not for a select few at all, blizzard had millions of people beta testing.

    I think elgand covers it all nicely, your blind hatred/anger towards the develepor and his company is just weird, I dont think anyone cares wht he looks like or how he sounds.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  19. #259
    Stood in the Fire MrDeadcruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    441
    And blizzard didn't allow millions to Alpha TEST anything can you at least read what he wrote yes he did write beta is for small people but that has changed in past few months but ALPHA is for a small selected group of people ...

    Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

  20. #260
    Pit Lord Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    And blizzard didn't allow millions to Alpha TEST anything can you at least read what he wrote yes he did write beta is for small people but that has changed in past few months but ALPHA is for a small selected group of people ...
    So it's okay that beta changed but alpha is required, by law, to stay the same? This is not the first game to allow people to buy the game and get access to alpha testing.

    And I don't see a problem with it.... what does it matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •