Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    well its not only a potential loss for them, they also give out a impression. And a impression is hard to get rid of. Also its still preorder and with customer law in most countries. A preorder can and shall be canceled. Imagine this if 1000 people got 10 keys extra for the pioneers cost, and they go the greedy exploit way of i want my money back. doesn't even matter what kind of package they bought. Thats still over 20.000 dollars they have to refund.

    From a business standpoint admitting they were wrong is good. Givign away those keys is bad
    So has anyone here gotten 10 to 30 extra keys? lol Also, I think it's too late for them to do anything. Unless they could tell which keys are the extras.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So has anyone here gotten 10 to 30 extra keys? lol Also, I think it's too late for them to do anything. Unless they could tell which keys are the extras.
    Seeing as you get a receipt emailed to you it's documented on their side aswell as yours, it woudn't be difficult seeing how many receipts were sent to the same email as each receipt has a key attached.

  3. #403
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,944
    I fixed my dll error, yeah, NDA means I cant really comment too much, feels like someone modded a game from 2007 right now, but alpha is alpha, I think I will come back to it in a week.

  4. #404
    No sooner had i said it than....... ( look back at my poor mcdonalds deli analogy)

    "Survivors,

    You've been faithful to us and unfortunately we let you down - looks like our game wasn't stable enough to sustains dozen of thousands players abusing it at same time . Game stability is nowhere where it was when we had only couple hundred testers playing it for a few hours a day.

    Right now we have over 20,000 players playing on GAME SERVERS, and over 10,000 players trying to get into the game.

    I personally apologies for current game build instability and let me assure you we're working non stop to make stable as soon as possible. I don't want even say "it's alpha" - alpha for me means game maybe in unbalanced, it may crash, but it should be generally stable.

    As token of our gratitude we're going to unlock all game characters for you tomorrow.

    Sergey Titov
    Executive Producer
    The War Z"

    Bwhahahahaha

    also

    "Last but not least - billing bug - today bunch of people paid just once, but received between 10 to 30 keys . We thought carefully about it and here's what we've decided - this is OUR fuckup, and your gain. Enjoy your keys, plus I just ask you - don't sell them - just give them away - easy come, easy go. " ( oh sorry just saw you posted that)

    I am literally pissing myself laughing at how much of a clusterfuck this has been. I said in my post that a small indy game would not be able to handle this load in an alpha test, and they will be so busy trying to manage all the cock ups re server load they will have little time to fix the actual game bugs ( 2 weeks from alpha to beta??? please......) People comparing to minecraft and to WoW was laughable. It worried me to start that they had only got the servers a week or so before the alpha went live. Anyone with a hint of IT knowledge will know that is not enough time to stress them/get them ready. Also look at how much horsepower/ bandwidth dayz servers require what made them think they could handle this many people off the bat?

    Everything that has happened screams of a game rushed to release with very little thought. Giving away those keys? hahahahaha. If this game actually gets past the beta to a full fledged release i will actually eat my hat. This is why i have a hatred towards this company/Titov because i saw this coming from a mile off. I knew they were full of shit and it had been rushed to hop on the bandwagon the first day proved it.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-10-17 at 09:52 AM.

  5. #405
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,944
    Ive never said to myself, im laughing I must type haha, nor have i ever thought about extending that haha to a hahahahaa just seems like a sad thing to do. But thanks for your input, oh btw I couldnt log in for a whole week nearly when d3 was released, nor could I log in for a whole day when GW2 released, so to be able to log in and play an alpha like I have been doing seems pretty okay. But again thanks for the input really improved this thread.
    I do agree this game felt rushed though and i'll eat your hat if its released this year.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ive never said to myself, im laughing I must type haha, nor have i ever thought about extending that haha to a hahahahaa just seems like a sad thing to do. But thanks for your input, oh btw I couldnt log in for a whole week nearly when d3 was released, nor could I log in for a whole day when GW2 released, so to be able to log in and play an alpha like I have been doing seems pretty okay. But again thanks for the input really improved this thread.
    I do agree this game felt rushed though and i'll eat your hat if its released this year.
    oh im just smug right now, because i saw this coming a mile off, i knew it would happen. Someone on this forum put enough faith in its alpha release to try and draw a comparison to WoW. I mean its laughable. Its the general consensus that the game is crippled under the server load and has a multitude of bugs ( to be expected in alpha, but that is why you dont make the alpha test 2 weeks long and as big as the amount of people who preorder). Also he said "Game stability is nowhere where it was when we had only couple hundred testers playing it for a few hours a day." Well no shit Sergey! What did you expect with hundreds of times more people? It all feels very ill thought out. Although they have claimed to have fixed some of the bugs people are still reporting the exact same issues that claim to have been resolved. Limiting the map has lead to people condensed into the same area just killing eachother. Loot whoring etc etc. This will not be in the beta stage by the end of the month. Now bugs, thats fine its alpha. And server load, thats fine if its a new release. The problem is they have bothj these issues because then opened it up to the public too quickly.

    Most of the complaints about dayz have been replicated in the war z within the first day. Its just somehow all the fans of this game put so much faith in it and believed that is wouldn't be as broken as dayz (the common complaint about it). Whether or not it improves is yet to be seen and part of me actually wants it to, weirdly. Competition is good, and raising the bar so games like dayz really have to step up their game is a good thing. But they (hammerpoint) have crippled themselves. How a company could be SO unprepared is beyond me. This will have a permanent effect on the game/the company's already poor reputation. But then again it is only the first few days. It could change, i doubt it, but it could.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-10-17 at 10:36 AM.

  7. #407
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,944
    Actually, what I said in regards to wow was only relevant in the fact you stated betas should be for a select few, when games companies have been having large scale betas for a long time, I never compared the 2 in any other way so nothing to be smug about that.
    Like you say its early days, lets see how the company responds, so far the alpha is exactly what I thought it would be.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-10-17 at 10:58 AM.

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Actually, what I said in regards to wow was only relevant in the fact you stated betas should be for a select few, when games companies have been having large scale betas for a long time, I never compared the 2 in any other way so nothing to be smug about that.
    Like you say its early days, lets see how the company responds, so far the alpha is exactly what I thought it would be.
    hardly, i should have been clearer, I said alpha/beta. Also the amount of beta keys given out was equivalent to about 1/9th ( about a million) of the overall Player population in world of warcraft. The amount of people who actively partook would have been around half that. What do you think would happen if everyone got access to the alpha and beta when they ordered MOP? It would be a nightmare.

    You never open the alpha OR beta to the entire player population. The alpha will be buggy of course. But lets be honest coupled with serious server issues its going to seriously turn people off before its even got off the ground. Another reason you don't open up the alpha/beta to everyone. It leaves a lasting impression on a lot of players which will deter them from coming back to the game later down the line.

    Either way i will hold judgement till the new year before i claim its dead and buried for sure. As much as i hate Sergey i dont dislike the premise of the game persay. I could be very good it just a pity the person/company producing it are full of incompetent fools.

  9. #409
    I understand people are trying to keep a discussion going on here, but in the end Triggy will think of it this way, and the other people think of it that way.
    Would you mind putting the discussion to rest? ( From BOTH sides ) if there is no way you can figure it out, i'd rather keep this thread for information/questions and reasons why people like/dislike it etc. as long it doesn't turn into a 10 page long discussion about a company being shit and so on. It would be appreciated, i actually got PM's of people being almost "afraid" of posting in this thread cause they don't want to be bashed into the ground about their opinion.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    I understand people are trying to keep a discussion going on here, but in the end Triggy will think of it this way, and the other people think of it that way.
    Would you mind putting the discussion to rest? ( From BOTH sides ) if there is no way you can figure it out, i'd rather keep this thread for information/questions and reasons why people like/dislike it etc. as long it doesn't turn into a 10 page long discussion about a company being shit and so on. It would be appreciated, i actually got PM's of people being almost "afraid" of posting in this thread cause they don't want to be bashed into the ground about their opinion.
    it seems to be very much that people who disagree with the shining opinion a lot ( not you) have of the game have been afraid to post. i infact got a mail from somone saying exactly that. But ok, im pretty much done, I'm going to wait for a few months to see how it properly plays out. Having said Talking about the game is somewhat impossible considering so few people are able to actually get onto it

  11. #411
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    it seems to be very much that people who disagree with the shining opinion a lot ( not you) have of the game have been afraid to post. i infact got a mail from somone saying exactly that. But ok, im pretty much done, I'm going to wait for a few months to see how it properly plays out. Having said Talking about the game is somewhat impossible considering so few people are able to actually get onto it
    its not only that, but when the truth is told loads of time the people get a warning for it even here on mmochampion. Specially on the warz twitter facebook and forums. There even posts get deleted if its constructive criticism. When a post say scam or something else thats short it stays so people can think Lol at the hater. When a post uses facts it gets deleted. Its not so much of affraid to post its more of that.

    I almost dare to say us 2 will get a report andget a warnign for even pointing this out. If not i'll eat my hat aswell. ( wich i need cause i am balding)
    Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you.
    Joey Adams

  12. #412
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,645
    Triggy, you are talking like the game failed and is going to stop development. They made a mistake with the servers, it's not the first and it sure as hell won't be the last. How many companies would do something like give you more playable characters for their own fuck up? Most of them would just apologies and move on. Draykorinee said it first but the same thing popped into my head that WarZ is currently playable, just not the full community at once, Diablo 3 didn't let ANYONE play for an entire week, and that is a multi-billion dollar company. Compared to a brand new company in production of their first game.

    You say "I saw this coming from a mile away" and "The company/titov were full of shit." I don't remember what you said it past posts and I'm to lazy to go back and look, but you were probably one of the people that said this game is a scam, then said it's a mod from War Inc. and now say that because there are bugs in the alpha they obviously rushed it. There are bugs in the alpha because it's fucking alpha. If you can name me a game, while in alpha, that had NO bugs in it I'll eat my hat. You obviously aren't playing the alpha, because the game is in an excellent state and the devs are doing great with the patching. They made an amazing game that will just get better as time goes on, and if they keep pushing out the patch fixes, like they are now, they could easily get this into beta in 2 weeks.

    Again, if you are of the people who think that beta is a head start to play and there should be not a single bug, you need to go do some research on alpha/beta. There is a lot of hate on this game from people who say this is not what they paid for and want a refund, well you know what Sergey said to that? Email us and we will give it to you because Sergey knows the people who complain about bugs in an alpha are going to fuck up the game community with their idiotic tendencies.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 09:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    its not only that, but when the truth is told loads of time the people get a warning for it even here on mmochampion. Specially on the warz twitter facebook and forums. There even posts get deleted if its constructive criticism. When a post say scam or something else thats short it stays so people can think Lol at the hater. When a post uses facts it gets deleted. Its not so much of affraid to post its more of that.

    I almost dare to say us 2 will get a report andget a warnign for even pointing this out. If not i'll eat my hat aswell. ( wich i need cause i am balding)
    people keep saying they delete posts that are ONLY constructive criticism, I have yet to see one that was actually constructive. One of the people in this thread said there post got delete because they called this game a scam with "proof" but then in the same post they were calling Sergey names. Seriously? THAT is why your post got deleted.

    I think you need to rethink what a fact is, saying the game is a scam because they didn't make their website until 4 months ago is not a fact. Yes, the website was just created, but how that makes the game a scam is completely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-17 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I don't remember what you said it past posts and I'm to lazy to go back and look, but you were probably one of the people that said this game is a scam, then said it's a mod from War Inc.
    ok first if you are too lazy to bother reading my posts before making sweeping accusations please go and crawl back in your hole. I did not say it was a scam or a hoax, something everyone said i was saying, but NOT ONCE did i doubt it was a real game. I have literally repeated myself about 5 times now and it just shows the general level of intelligence if people cant even read my posts carefully. The closest i came was that they needed to address issues surrounding accusations that it was vapourwear. I also mentioned how they were probably a lot less far than they claimed to be in terms of production. I also pointed out about their fake advertising and censoring of comments that were actually constructive, and had legitimate concerns about the way the company was conducting itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Again, if you are of the people who think that beta is a head start to play and there should be not a single bug, you need to go do some research on alpha/beta.
    Again you didn't read my post, take some time and read it PROPERLY. I will highlight what i actually said as you seem incapable of reading without the main point being clearly indicated

    " the general consensus that the game is crippled under the server load and has a multitude of bugs ( to be expected in alpha, but that is why you dont make the alpha test 2 weeks long and as big as the amount of people who preorder). Also he said "Game stability is nowhere where it was when we had only couple hundred testers playing it for a few hours a day." Well no shit Sergey! What did you expect with hundreds of times more people? It all feels very ill thought out."

    i mentioned in another post after that one that of course alpha's are meant to be bugged. THAT IS WHY YOU DONT RELEASE IT TO EVERYONE WHO PREORDERED THE GAME. I am well aware of the issues surrounding putting a game out in its alpha release. My best mate is a games tester and i work in a company that deals in technology. I am not new to this. I have also participated in numerous alpha and beta tests myself, being an avid gamer since i was young.

    It is not a proper stand alone. Not only have they used the war inc engine they have used pretty much the same character models, skins, animations, sounds etc etc. It is the war inc skinned and on a bigger map. Very little effort has gone into hiding that.

    stop referring back to the "scam argument" and applying it to EVERYONE who posts negatively about this game. The War Z community is generally made of idiots who cannot accept the shortfalls this company has. AGAIN ( i feel like a broken record now ) i dont have anything against the game, why would i hate a game that fits into a genre i fucking love? I hate the company (Hammerpoint) have deceived, lied and cheated their way into the market just to make a quick buck. I have no qualms with the game and would be much less damming of it had it been produced by say valve because it would have been done properly, compared to this half assed attempt at making a game which will IMO fall falt on its face.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-10-17 at 02:32 PM.

  14. #414
    Game has great promise, animations are a bit shit at the moment, but I expect that to improve, maybe not before beta, but before release.

    Don't know why so many feel the need to whine so loud when the game is in alpha stage, things are broken, just report them and find other bugs. If you don't want to deal with bugs, then don't play the game atm.

    Is triggy on his period?

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Game has great promise, animations are a bit shit at the moment, but I expect that to improve, maybe not before beta, but before release.

    Don't know why so many feel the need to whine so loud when the game is in alpha stage, things are broken, just report them and find other bugs. If you don't want to deal with bugs, then don't play the game atm.

    Is triggy on his period?
    i feel like it, if you knew how many times i have had to repeat myself in this thread it would be enough to drive any normal person insane. Some people here are pretty blinkered when it comes to reading posts that criticise the game and seem to totally miss out massive chunks. The same comments over and over " its not a hoax/scam" ..... well i know that....i never actually said that it was ( had to repeat myself 5-6 times on that point) and "omg its an alpha it going to have bugs" well yes......as i said alpha's are meant to be buggy, hence why you dont give access to that OR the beta to everyone who bought the game, its a test phase, treat it as such, rather than an actual launch

  16. #416
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I'm to lazy to go back and look, but you were probably one of the people that said this game is a scam, then said it's a mod from War Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by trippy89
    This game is seeming more and more suspect to me. It seems like a rushed mod of war inc in order to jump on the bandwagon. I posted some critical posts on their facebook page. Not ranty, but simple and well written, raising some serious questions, basically saying they hadn't done enough to address the rumors surrounding this game (that it was vapourware etc)
    That was from your first post on this forum.
    I said, You were PROBABLY one of the people who said...
    And look at that, I was 100% right. You called the game a rushed mod of war inc, and you called it vaporware (Just as fancy word for scam).

    I like the idea of pre ordering the game and getting alphas access. I love to test game, but I almost never get picked and I know there are a lot of people like that too, this allows us to get in guaranteed. The people who complain about the bugs instead of suggesting fixes, or just reporting them in general are what give this idea a bad name. They obviously didn't plan for this many pre-orderes, and that was their mistake. They do NOT deny that, they are taking responsibility for their actions and fixing it. So what is the problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by trippy89
    It is not a proper stand alone. Not only have they used the war inc engine they have used pretty much the same character models, skins, animations, sounds etc etc. It is the war inc skinned and on a bigger map. Very little effort has gone into hiding that.
    Hundreds of games use the same engine, so the fact this this one is using war inc's engine doesn't mean anything. Character models do look very similar, but pretty much all of the animations/sounds are brand new, and they are still adding more. All of the buildings, things inside of the buildings, the tree models, etc. are all brand new, so re-using the character models to a point, and just re-skining some of the cars really isn't that big of a deal. All of the zombie models are 100% new. The game it self is NOTHING like war inc. when it comes to gameplay.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-17 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    That was from your first post on this forum.
    I said, You were PROBABLY one of the people who said...
    And look at that, I was 100% right. You called the game a rushed mod of war inc, and you called it vaporware (Just as fancy word for scam).

    I like the idea of pre ordering the game and getting alphas access. I love to test game, but I almost never get picked and I know there are a lot of people like that too, this allows us to get in guaranteed. The people who complain about the bugs instead of suggesting fixes, or just reporting them in general are what give this idea a bad name. They obviously didn't plan for this many pre-orderes, and that was their mistake. They do NOT deny that, they are taking responsibility for their actions and fixing it. So what is the problem?



    Hundreds of games use the same engine, so the fact this this one is using war inc's engine doesn't mean anything. Character models do look very similar, but pretty much all of the animations/sounds are brand new, and they are still adding more. All of the buildings, things inside of the buildings, the tree models, etc. are all brand new, so re-using the character models to a point, and just re-skining some of the cars really isn't that big of a deal. All of the zombie models are 100% new. The game it self is NOTHING like war inc. when it comes to gameplay.
    yes and i stand by the fact it is a rushed mod of war inc. But arguing about what defines a standalone and a mod is a different matter. I might be wrong on that but i feel that they have borrowed so heavily from the original game that it cant really be considered a standalone. It does not seem like this game has been built from the ground up. Now I will acknowlegde that i may be wrong on the specific definition of what constitutes a standalone but considering that the war inc is a free game i dont see this as a clear cut example. I think they simply look the war inc modded it added a map and then re-released it.

    Also i did NOT say that I thought it was vapourware, READ IT CAREFULLY! Jesus if i have to repeat myself one more time im going to explode.

    "basically saying they hadn't done enough to address the rumors surrounding this game (that it was vapourware etc)" It was not a complaint that it was vapourware rather that the company had done NOTHING to stem those rumors. I did not say i thought that was a case i was simply pointing out the companies inability to quash those rumors due to the fact they had only released 1 shoddy video at the time i raised that concern. (originally on their fb page, not in this thread).

    Also being like "i wana test games but i never get picked" just screams of a 15 year old being pissed off that he couldnt get on the latest WoW beta. Alpha and Beta are NOT FOR EVERYONE, never were, never will be, just because you haven't been picked, quit your bitching. The reason not everyone gets picked it because it is almost impossible to run a alpha/beta test with the full number of people expected to play when the game is fully released.

    Also yes they didnt plan for this many... but they should have had a clear indication of the popularity the game would have due to the success of dayz, considering it had nearly 1million people. I think they knew full well they would be swamped, considering they are only here because of another games popularity ( IMO!). they were ill prepared and it is showing. Anyone would know that from a company getting the servers installed a week and a half before release. Yes they are taking responsibility and holding their hands up, but it seems doing very little to actually fix it.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-10-17 at 04:35 PM.

  18. #418
    Herald of the Titans Waaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,645
    I'm not arguing about this game/company anymore because no one will ever win. I like it, you don't, lets just leave it at that.

    On the topic of alpha/beta not being for everyone, I know that. I just said that I love to test games and I wish that I would get picked more. I don't cry/bitch when I don't get picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

  19. #419
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,944
    Anyway....CLipping was horrid, I know its alpha but the clipping was horrendous, I would walk up to a wall and pretty much disappear.
    If kewk reads this turn off pvp, its rediculous getting one shot, and for future plans give us PvE servers, its clear that griefers will spoil a lot of peoples fun, yes im a carebear, I hate pvp in this type of game. Hell you can charge me for the pleasure if you want.
    I could log on 24/7 I couldnt do that on release of D3 or GW2 seems pretty decent server capacity to me :P

    And waaldo just put him on ignore I did.

  20. #420
    Stood in the Fire MrDeadcruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    441
    I still cant believe people here cant understand what Triggy89 is saying .....

    Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •