Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'm guessing by foundation release they mean all the basics are in place and polished that it needs to be a game then the rest will be added over time... kinda like you could say with minecraft or some other game with free updates... but yeah the devs here really have people losing faith quick.
    Rocket called the DayZ SA Foundation ages ago -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    Rocket called the DayZ SA Foundation ages ago -
    So? Foundation is a pretty common word.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Few random questions. (I'm pretty excited about this game, btw)

-System specs, anyone know? Wondering if this might be the point I might want to look at upgrading.
    -What is "censored" in orange on the one screenshot in the OP? Like, user info or something?
    -So, you die and then you're locked out of that character for the next 24 hours? That supposed to encourage you do create multiple toons or? I'm not sure I like that system. I mean, it seems like if the game is competitive at all you'll die relatively often.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post

-System specs, anyone know? Wondering if this might be the point I might want to look at upgrading.
    -What is "censored" in orange on the one screenshot in the OP? Like, user info or something?
    -So, you die and then you're locked out of that character for the next 24 hours? That supposed to encourage you do create multiple toons or? I'm not sure I like that system. I mean, it seems like if the game is competitive at all you'll die relatively often.

Thoughts?
    System specs arent anything fancy, its supposedly a mod of an older game, im running a cheap laptop and its smooth on low settings, its not a game that will make you upgrade, the graphics are really not worth it.
    The censored bits is the cost, think they wanted to keep it secret till we knew what and how currency worked
    The 24 hour period is still in development, I would hope that if you were killed by pkers the time would be shortened but its not been confirmed yet. Its suppose to be a survival game so dying needs a penalty, maybe 24 hours is a tad too long.

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    System specs as he said aren't very high. and as of now there is a 1 hour lock on characters who die mostly in part to make trying to survive even more meaningful (especially once experience/talents are in effect).
    It's fairly competitive, but as they add more and more team work is encouraged and probably one of the more fun aspects.

The censored thing in those screenshots is the character name and total survival (or maybe play) time, I forget which.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's cool, thanks for the info guys. I can live with an hour, even a couple hours but 24 hours seems extreme. I agree with the need to add penalties to dying and I'd rather see a cooldown on respawning rather than an experience loss/gear loss. But yeah, an hour/couple hours would be alright, I could always make a couple alts to mess around with. Is there a per-account character limit, any idea? I guess overall there wouldn't be a need for a lot since there's not exactly a class system or anything, so everything plays the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool, thanks for the info guys. I can live with an hour, even a couple hours but 24 hours seems extreme. I agree with the need to add penalties to dying and I'd rather see a cooldown on respawning rather than an experience loss/gear loss. But yeah, an hour/couple hours would be alright, I could always make a couple alts to mess around with. Is there a per-account character limit, any idea? I guess overall there wouldn't be a need for a lot since there's not exactly a class system or anything, so everything plays the same.
    right now it's 5 per account and there is a gear loss lol. Soon as you die whether it was from a player or zombie EVERYTHING you were carrying on that character ends up on the ground lol.

right now it's 5 per account and there is a gear loss lol. Soon as you die whether it was from a player or zombie EVERYTHING you were carrying on that character ends up on the ground lol.
    Ouch, that's rough. Can you go back and pick up your gear, or is it just lost? I assume other players can pick it up too. I think I read that all servers are PvP, is that correct? That would kind of suck for people trolling and just ganking constantly, I'll probably look into renting a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, that's rough. Can you go back and pick up your gear, or is it just lost? I assume other players can pick it up too. I think I read that all servers are PvP, is that correct? That would kind of suck for people trolling and just ganking constantly, I'll probably look into renting a server.
    renting a server is the only way to minimise pvp, a few of us plan to do just that on mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    renting a server is the only way to minimise pvp, a few of us plan to do just that on mmo.
    Yeah you can also pick your own stuff up if you were killed by a zombie lets say, otherwise players will most likely make a grab at it. As Draykorinee said too there are a lot of people looking to rent servers so before you get one see if there are others who'd want to split with you on it!

Deleted
    I posted here a few pages back calling out WarZ based on the moderator that "disclosed" a lot of information.

I can happily say I was wrong:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...d_up_all_that/

Looks like I have my zombie game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    I posted here a few pages back calling out WarZ based on the moderator that "disclosed" a lot of information.

To be fair... if anyone believed a volunteer forum mod knew anything about a game's development/inner workings is a complete idiot.

Glad he came clean though.

Edit: Sad to read the YouTube comments and see that no one believes him now (even though it's most likely the facts)
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2012-12-04 at 06:56 PM.

*snip*

Shocking. A volunteer forum mod with no proper ties to the company lied about knowing in-depth development decisions and post-launch strategies.

I don't claim to know a ton about the game, or that the devs are great guys, but I've seen so much misinformation, lying, and hatred of this game that doesn't necessarily seem warranted. It's definitely not the first time I've seen someone make wild claims about the game/devs being fake/terrible and be proven wrong (or admit they're wrong) : /

redit: No one "believes" him because they already have their preconceived notions of the game and don't want anything challenging it. They'd rather continue to believe that he wasn't lying (despite his admission he was) and continue their hatred of something. Some of the fans in both camps are pretty nasty and closed minded, it's kind of baffling.

Deleted
    Yeah, I took it on face-value to begin with, I'm not sure. I had read a lot of negative press and thought this would be legit. Turns out I'm a huge idiot I can admit when I'm wrong though, and will look forward to it

Yeah, I took it on face-value to begin with, I'm not sure. I had read a lot of negative press and thought this would be legit. Turns out I'm a huge idiot I can admit when I'm wrong though, and will look forward to it
    I can see believing it if you're just looking at the game, but it's those that still believe it despite his admission of lying that blow me away -_-

Deleted
    i would just like to point back to my previous posts saying that this game was going to lean more towards a pay to win, something i had thrown right back into my face. Not to mention all the other things i called them on, ie deleting of threads on the forum, that a 2 week alpha was laughable, it being copy pasted from the war inc, generally Sergey as a developer ( successfully alienated a huge portion of his fanbase, calling the people paying your wage faggots is a good way to loose business) etc etc. All of which was readily thrown back at me with rabid fanboyism.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post18705367

please go back and have a look at the posts in the pages before to see everything i said about this game. not to mention the reem of other broken promises, no 400 square kilometer map, no zombie hordes, no vehicles, no skill trees, no friends list, no stem cells, no NPCs, no world interaction, no bandit system, no anti cheat, no bandit safe-zone, no stronghold servers etc etc. Dont pull that " its only in alpha" bullshit because lets be honest it was meant to be in beta over a month ago

i think people are starting to come to the realisation that this game is no more than a cash cow for a greedy little tit. I said people would start to regret investing in this piss poor excuse for a game and so instead of arguing with the idiots who posted on here and defended the game i thought I would simply wait before re-posting, seems like i didnt have to wait that long at all. There are more and more people with buyers remorse and only a month and a half after they released the "alpha" ( it was pre alpha at best). The stream of refunds is becoming laughable. Not to mention them apparently randomly banning people so they have to rebuy the game. Oh and did i mention that if you request a refund apparently your are banned for buying it again if if ever actually makes this into a full game, let alone out of alpha. I for one took the £20 and invested in a proper project like the dead linger. A game being built from the ground up by a a few enthusiastic genuinely talented team.

*sits smugly in a corner as the whole of the war z crumbles around the idiots who bought it*

sorry if i sound like an arrogant dick, but quite frankly given the amount of resistance i had when i first posted about the war z i think the smugness is somewhat warranted. I give it 6 months before this entire project is dead and buried and the servers go offline. Their own fanbase is starting to turn against them now. Its a slippery slope from hereon in guys, better abandon ship before they go bankrupt.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:42 AM ----------

dude you dont have to take the games bad press from one butthurt mod, i have no sympathy for him, the mods on the war z forums are as close to nazi's as i have ever seen. Just look around, the forums are filling up with complaints ( so fast their mods cant actually delete them fast enough) the refunds are piling up. They haven't updated the game in 3 weeks ( might have recently, but hadnt last time i checked, not with any "real" updates at least.) Just open your eyes a little more, do a little digging. The evidence is all there.
    Last edited by mmoce78a54d14a; 2012-12-05 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    *sits smugly in a corner as the whole of the war z crumbles around the idiots who bought it*

sorry if i sound like an arrogant dick, but quite frankly given the amount of resistance i had when i first posted about the war z i think the smugness is somewhat warranted. I give it 6 months before this entire project is dead and buried and the servers go offline. Their own fanbase is starting to turn against them now. Its a slippery slope from here on in guys, better abandon ship before they go bankrupt. [COLOR="red"]
    No proof, no evidence of mass refunds, no nothing just complaints on forums please come back and be smug when you have any proof that a) the game is no longer in production or b) when the game released is so bad it bombs. Right now you have nothing to be smug about except your own fallacious, inane hatefilled drivel.
    The game right now is bordering on the bad for me, Im not advocating this game is where I want it to be right now, I rarely bother to play it, but you're just adding nothing to this topic with your lack of humility and amazing ability to forsee the future without any evidence of your so called collapse.

Stream of refunds- no evidence
    apparantly banning people - little to no evidence, if so, so what, their game their way.
    no anti cheat- yes there is
    no bandit safe zone - yes there is
    no vehicles - there will be
    no 400km map - they said they will increase map sizes incrememntally with patches
    no npcs - never were going to be
    no zombie hordes - no proof that there wont be, most ive faced is 15 at once
    no vehicles - promise to come
    Friends list - incoming
    So all your no this no that all boils down to the fact the game is so far off release, all you have to be 'smug' about is that its way behind schedule, so what, release dates are not set it stone.

As to alienating community - definitely some, but then Blizzard, Anet et etc have all at times alienated people by desing choices and by PR/communication failure, I for one was disapointed in the whole top game in japan and the joke post about dead linger but I dont care about the developer so much as I care about the game. Sergey said spawn campers are faggots, damn right, calling people who ruin the game for people faggots was a great move, http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...-you-try-warz/ I dont disagree with a word he said in that post. Except that its given dayz fanboys a pedastal to sit on.

So what do you have right now except anecdotal evidence, you have nothing to be smug about, im sure you pulled this whole, look im right without any evidence before, yup http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18779838 theres smug triggy again.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-12-05 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    <snip>
    What is with you and hating on this game? You are calling me, and the other people defending it, rabid fanboys for defending it from your ridiculous remarks. Yet you keep coming back (probably never have played the game) and just making posts trying to destroy it.

At all of the "broken promises" 400 square Kilometer map- I think they worded it as "up to 400 square kilometers" which will be their next map, named California, I think. A little bit of a dick move, HOWEVER, they said this before pre-orders were available so people knew what they were getting into.

No zombie hordes- they never said they were going to add this, it was just something he community wanted and the devs said they would think about it.

No vehicles- In one of the last Q&As they mentioned that they are going to be implementing vehicles soon.

Skill trees- they will be in game before foundation release.

No friends list- They just put in clans, friends list is next.

No stem cells- in a recent interview they said they are working on this and it will be put in soon.

No NPCs- they specifically said that there will be no NPCs.

No world interaction- I have no idea what you mean by this. If you mean like open and close doors, they never said they would add that.

No bandit system- I haven't heard anything on this. Right now you can be marked as a bandit/hero but there are no benefits/consequences so we will see what happens with this one.

No anti-cheat- the anti cheat is in game and working.

No strong hold servers- they are going to be implemented before release.

You keep saying "don't pull that 'it's only alpha' excuse" but IT IS ONLY ALPHA! How can that not be used as an excuse for a game not being finished. They were PLANNING on going into beta last month, buy obviously they weren't ready so they left it in alpha until the game is ready! Your excuse for the game being bad is that it isn't finished, well the reason for that is becauseTHE GAME ISN'T FINISHED!

You are the ones showing signs of "fanboyism," but for another game. The mods don't close threads because someone says something negative. They close thread because they are just blind hating that only starts flame wars (like your comments).

TLDR; Stop hating on this game blindly, you keep calling us fanboys for defending it, but you get mad when we call you a fanboy for bashing a game you have never played. Gets your facts straight, or leave this thread. There are problems with the game, but than again, it's a $20 non-AAA game. So expecting this game to be perfect in every possible way is kinda ridiculous. However I've had more fun playing this game than I have some of those $50-$60 AAA titles.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-05 at 01:28 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

To be fair... if anyone believed a volunteer forum mod knew anything about a game's development/inner workings is a complete idiot.

Glad he came clean though.

Edit: Sad to read the YouTube comments and see that no one believes him now (even though it's most likely the facts)
    I personally think he was threatened with a lawsuit if he did not make that video.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I personally think he was threatened with a lawsuit if he did not make that video.
    Really? Like, really?

Let's look at what's more reasonable and logical here.

1. Volunteer forum mod has no knowledge of the in-depth inner workings of the company as he works remotely, and on a volunteer status. He works with some at the company, but doesn't know about the development decisions or business decisions because that's not what his volunteer job entails. He gets removed due to getting malicious software, and gets super upset, making wild claims. When he calms down, he realizes he made a poor decision and apologizes.

2. A volunteer forum mod is, for some unknown reason, appraised of the internal workings of the development and business aspects of the game. This despite him having nothing to do with either and not even being an official employee of the company. He proceeds to be removed due to getting malicious software, and decides to spill the beans. The company then hires attorneys who force him to make a YouTube video (yes, a YouTube video, think about that for a second), not an official statement or anything, apologizing and saying he was lying.

FYI: Forum mods (not community managers, those are two different positions), rarely have much in-depth knowledge of the longterm business/development processes of the game/company they work for, and even more rarely have any knowledge of business strategies. So him knowing about the things he said he knew about is extremely unlikely.