Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The latter isn't outright illegal. In fact look at most EULA.
    However remember that your local law will always trump EULA / TOS.
    to outright deny refund in any form is illegal in A LOT of places and therefore effectively nulls their TOS. Of course if it is a case of someone simply not liking the game that is a different matter, but for example for them to refuse a refund due them them selling the game off the back of false advertising is illegal. Granted though you are right, local law will always trump EULA / TOS. There are very few game TOS which will outright deny you a refund in any situation because quite simply they are not allowed to as selling a faulty or misadvertised product automatically puts you in the right and you are by law allowed a refund, so therefore it is illegal.

most EULA do NOT have a overarching no refund clause as it would breach local laws, as you stated.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-12-22 at 09:02 AM.

It's funny seeing all the "10" User review scores on Metacritic. Nearly all of them are from first-reviewers ... they couldn't be more blatantly trying to astroturf.

Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    to outright deny refund in any form is illegal in A LOT of places and therefore effectively nulls their TOS, granted though you are right, local law will always trump EULA / TOS. There are very few game TOS which will outright deny you a refund in any situation because quite simply they are not allowed to.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

It's pretty common actually. Clauses that detail similar rules are found in major games everywhere.

If blizzard mis-sold or misrepresented OR sold defective media they would issue a refund. Simply put to outright deny refund in ANY circumstances is in conflict with most if not all consumer protection laws.

" (c) refund your money when you present Blizzard with proof of purchase of the defective media. " admittedly only up to 90 days though

Having said that no refund policies tends to be more common that i though will hold my hands up there was somewhat wrong , but they almost always have a grace period/a clause which allowed you to claim a refund for faulty/mis-advertised product.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2012-12-22 at 09:12 AM.

The Patient
    I don't understand how did this come as surprise for people.. I mean Sergey Titov (Hammerpoint interactive previously known Stellar stone) is responsible to 2 of the worst computer games in history. He is like the Uwe Boll of gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

It's pretty common actually. Clauses that detail similar rules are found in major games everywhere.
    It's common but it doesn't hold. I've gotten few refunds from Steam myself based on finnish laws even though at first they tried to go for the "It says this in EULA/TOS".
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'm at a loss why they even released this game on Steam, it's still in beta, maybe alpha, with loads of improvement needed.

The pics they showed on steam, survivors against loads of zombies, I had to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm at a loss why they even released this game on Steam
    Money I guess .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    If blizzard mis-sold or misrepresented OR sold defective media they would issue a refund. Simply put to outright deny refund in ANY circumstances is in conflict with most if not all consumer protection laws.

" (c) refund your money when you present Blizzard with proof of purchase of the defective media. " admittedly only up to 90 days though

Having said that no refund policies tends to be more common that i though will hold my hands up there was somewhat wrong , but they almost always have a grace period/a clause which allowed you to claim a refund for faulty/mis-advertised product.
    That's if you say, buy the physical copy of the game and the disk doesn't work.

The South Korean FTC (I think it was the FTC) had to force Blizz to give refunds for D3 players who purchased the game but were supremely disappointed in it and hadn't played it due to that. They even fined Blizz a token fee (like, 3k USD). Do you not remember how many people claimed that Blizz misrepresented D3?

It's the exact same clause, and it exists in pretty much every game. There's no real qualification needed beyond that.

Can finally write what I want now im back from my ban/holiday :P All I can say is Triggy may be a total arrogant dingbat but a lot (not all by any means) has come true, I for the second time have been absorbed in hype for a game only to be totaly destroyed by lies. GW2 and War Z are the only games Ive ever backed before release, ive never done beta's until these 2, they have destroyed my desire to financially back game development. War Z is a travesty of a release, I gave the game the benefit of the doubt, it was 'alpha' after all, now its not alpha but its still a turgid mess of a non-game. And fuck the horrid developers, wow, releasing a buggy, non-game on steam with lies and then blaming it on the players misinterpreting it is just a horrid way to treat gamers. Total biscuit cant review for shit but hes right, apologising for this game and its developers is completly wrong. Saying you like the game is fine, but standing up for the developers is not.
    The worst handling of a game I have ever seen, if you check my post history I really tried to defend this game. No chance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Can finally write what I want now im back from my ban/holiday :P All I can say is Triggy may be a total arrogant dingbat but a lot (not all by any means) has come true, I for the second time have been absorbed in hype for a game only to be totaly destroyed by lies. GW2 and War Z are the only games Ive ever backed before release, ive never done beta's until these 2, they have destroyed my desire to financially back game development. War Z is a travesty of a release, I gave the game the benefit of the doubt, it was 'alpha' after all, now its not alpha but its still a turgid mess of a non-game. And fuck the horrid developers, wow, releasing a buggy, non-game on steam with lies and then blaming it on the players misinterpreting it is just a horrid way to treat gamers. Total biscuit cant review for shit but hes right, apologising for this game and its developers is completly wrong. Saying you like the game is fine, but standing up for the developers is not.
    The worst handling of a game I have ever seen, if you check my post history I really tried to defend this game. No chance anymore.

I am also back with from my ban/holiday! *high five*
    Finally a guy with sense in here^^ I keep getting shit on because I like the game, but I have said it many times that I don't like what the developers have done.
    They are still working on the game, here are the patch notes from the last 2 days for anyone who is interested:

12/20
    Early revive was removed
    Revive time is set to 1 hour
    Scoreboard was updated
    After dying, you will get disconnected automatically in 60 seconds
    Some more Christmas items were added. Try to find them in the Colorado
    Zombies were optimized, should improve framerate in Campos, Boulder city
    Fixed an issue with items sometimes falling through the ground
    Fixed an issue when you were not able to pick up an item if it is partially inside the wall
    Fixed an issue that using bandages on other player were not updating item's cool-down properly
    Crosshair in 3rd person view was improved
    Fixed an issue with grass on low frame rate

12/21
    Fixed an issue with terrain having way to many polygons on medium quality (will improve frame rate)
    Optimized shadow rendering on low quality
    Fixed crash related to zombie optimization in previous patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

A member from one of the websites I frequent posted a link to his vBulletin Message notification saying he was banned. Not only that he was simply banned but:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    If you don't like the game, then fuck off.No refund, because it's your fault for buying the game

Date the ban will be lifted: Never fucking noob
    I don't know the story behind the ban, but even if it was a warranted ban, that's still an unacceptable attitude for a business.

Imagine seeing a custom Scrapbot infraction message which said this when you don't like a game or on any other site you frequent (save for these forums). I'd probably be getting one right now.

This on top of the recent trademark shenanigans with World War Z on top of all the bad publicity, Titov and co. can't catch a break but it's not like they're trying real hard to shape up and fly right.
    Last edited by Help ol Gil Out; 2012-12-25 at 02:15 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    A member from one of the websites I frequent posted a link to his vBulletin Message notification saying he was banned. Not only that he was simply banned but:

I don't know the story behind the ban, but even if it was a warranted ban, that's still an unacceptable attitude for a business.

Imagine seeing a custom Scrapbot infraction message which said this when you don't like a game or on any other site you frequent (save for these forums). I'd probably be getting one right now.

This on top of the recent trademark shenanigans with World War Z on top of all the bad publicity, Titov and co. can't catch a break but it's not like they're trying real hard to shape up and fly right.
    Screenshot? I'm not putting it past them at this point, they've been beyond unprofessional and super shady, but it seems like some people are going a bit too far at times (the ex-mod guy for example)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KgtdUl.jpg[IMG]

I don't know, looks kinda photoshopped.
    Probably is. I'll be one of those image whackos, but when you want to photoshop. At least measure out the pixels that are separated. Kinda what I do when photoshopping some steam screenies for giggles.
    /shrug.

As a zombie genre lover, I'm sad to say that I'm happy that i didn't got this game (does this even makes sense?).

I was quite hyped over it, until the moment I found the post on its forum made by the main dev. mocking another zombie survival video game that is being made. It made me see them as much immature as most of the community itself… therefore I just stepped away from the game and wondered how far it would actually go…

After reading the information gamespy provided and watching the 40min TB review at youtube, I couldn’t stop myself from laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Probably is. I'll be one of those image whackos, but when you want to photoshop. At least measure out the pixels that are separated. Kinda what I do when photoshopping some steam screenies for giggles.
    /shrug.
    Without knowing, it could go either way really. It could just be a mod in a furious state removing those who dislike the game, especially after all the latest stints with Steam and the trademark, and not bothering to proof-read his post or it could be a photoshop. Either way, wouldn't someone who intends to fake it want to make it seem as legit as possible without a glaring space error since ignoring it would backfire to call it out as a photoshop?

In my opinion, after all that has happened, I expect some of Titov's attitude to rub off on to the mods to their forums (as well as those on the Steam forums) which makes it more believable than fake.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post

I don't know, looks kinda photoshopped.
    Im going to have to go with shopped as well. The main thing that stands out to me is the grammar and words used. I mean seriously, who is going to fill out the section for "time that the ban will be lifted" with Never fucking noob? Now I can see a teenager photoshop this just to try and stir up more shit for the WarZ team. Personally I've enjoyed watching them shoot their own feet off especially after Sergey made that post about the DeadLingor and attempted to drag the DayZ community into the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Without knowing, it could go either way really. It could just be a mod in a furious state removing those who dislike the game, especially after all the latest stints with Steam and the trademark, and not bothering to proof-read his post or it could be a photoshop. Either way, wouldn't someone who intends to fake it want to make it seem as legit as possible without a glaring space error since ignoring it would backfire to call it out as a photoshop?

In my opinion, after all that has happened, I expect some of Titov's attitude to rub off on to the mods to their forums (as well as those on the Steam forums) which makes it more believable than fake.
    You'll be surprised at the amount of amateur photoshop there are. And I consider my self an amateur.

the grammar is definitely not an indicator. these guys do not proof read or have any ability to check their communication. it regularly reads like a 5 year old. however it is more likely to be photo shopped. either that or the developers have decided to just Fuck everyone off.

It was photoshopped. It was on Reddit about 2 weeks ago and was "debunked"