Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ...
5
45
53
54
55
56
57
... LastLast
  1. #1081
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I am also back with from my ban/holiday! *high five*
    Finally a guy with sense in here^^ I keep getting shit on because I like the game, but I have said it many times that I don't like what the developers have done.

    i am sorry but that is absolute BS, all the complaints i levied at the start were due to the way in which the company had acted, not once did i mention bad gameplay as a reason for my dislike of the company, i started that clearly but still you defended them on repeated occasions. Oh how you have changed your tune in a few short months.

    If you like the game that is fine, just dont defend the company. How you can enjoy the game based on what the company have done is beyond me, but simply put some people have a higher level of tolerance to being abused that others, mine, for example, is pretty low, i dislike being lied to, my moral compass goes into a spin when a company have acted as badly as HP did. It no doubt marred my experience of the game as i thought it was shocking(got a free key), but that is personal opinion, there are plenty of games i dislike and i dont expect every person to dislike them, for example i find the civilization series a bore, but my two best mates love it, each to their own. What everyone can agree on is that Sergey and his rag tag band should be blasted into the stratosphere and development of the game should be handed over to a competent team.

    Either way this is an interesting thread from their forums.

    http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread...And-then-War-Z

    interesting how a smaller team can build up a game in the apparent same period of "2 years" ( we all know that was a total lie now right?) and have a fully functioning game now. Also it seems one update from Unknownworlds pretty much outstrips all HPs updates from 2 months. I dont know if this company is just lazy or incompetent, most likely both.

    I for one am keeping a close on the dead linger. Should be a good game once finished, will need at least a year and a half before its ready though.

  2. #1082
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    If you like the game that is fine, just dont defend the company. How you can enjoy the game based on what the company have done is beyond me
    Contradiction alert! In just one line you manage to say liking the game is fine liking the company is not then immediately follow with but how can you like the game after what the companies done? at least make a coherent attack on waaldo.
    Why you came back in this thread to pick another fight with waaldo is beyond me, I am almost embarrassed I defended war z, almost, but only over the last month have I witnessed this collapse, you were proclaiming it months back with hearsay and conjecture and those who supported the development rightly defended their choices. Once hammerpoint fully ballsed up then I turned away from this game.
    Although might I add I had 2 hours of playing with a friend the other day and it was actually fun even though the game itself is pretty dogshite, I ran with a train of zombies and jumped on a car bonnet, it stumped the zombies who then proceeded to stand on top of each other looking far off in to the distance while i battered their heads in with a flashlight for 10 minutes. Its a buggy mess, but with a friend it can be kind of enjoyable...kind of.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-03 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

  3. #1083
    Epic! Fysi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    It was photoshopped. It was on Reddit about 2 weeks ago and was "debunked"
    OT: I never understand why people photoshop something when you can just edit elements.

    Last edited by Fysi; 2013-01-03 at 09:20 AM.
    Must... resist... posting... huge... animated GIF...

  4. #1084
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Contradiction alert! In just one line you manage to say liking the game is fine liking the company is not then immediately follow with but how can you like the game after what the companies done? at least make a coherent attack on waaldo.
    No....i said i cannot understand how he can like it, i made it very clear that was my opinion. That is not an attack it is simply an observation and a statement, and i made it clear "each to their own". A contradiction would have been saying "liking the game is fine, actually no it isnt you a fucking idiot, you have to have the same opinion as me!!!!!!", maybe you think i said such a thing in not as many words, but that was not my intention at all. What i said was not meant a insult or an attack, it was simply a divergence of opinions, and I was very clear to say my opinion on the game which was most likely skewed due to my prior knowledge of the companies shortcomings. So very difference things my friend. Its like saying I can not understand how people can choose to be investment bankers as i think it is deplorable career, but one of my best mates is one, but i dont say "you're a fucking blood sucking fiend for doing it and liking it" No, i simply dont agree with it and will never see eye to eye with him. But i dont have a go at him about it, because his opinions and tolerance to certain things are different from mine. That is not to say that if it was the only job i could get i wouldnt, simply put if i have a choice i would not. Sorry dont mean to go off on one at someone who sees the company in the same light as me, i just thought i should properly explain myself.

    I come back to pick a fight because i hold a grudge, i originally joined this forum because i bought MOP and wanted to get back into playing my druid, but due to time constraints with work i am unable to play, so my primary function on this site was to frequent this thread. Its been very amusing watching this whole debacle unfold and see waldoo ( and this forum as a whole) who defended Sergey and his rag tag band, retreat as everything which was already in front of them become even MORE glaringly obvious. I got infractions and people got banned for speaking up against this company, which was actually in the interest of everyone here. I got numerous infractions because this forum ass licked the game from the offset, its amazing to see the u-turns all the game review sites have had to do in the last month. Do you not like being proved right?

    and here is another

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-war-z-review

    Also apparently all the devs are now "sick" after a 2 week long vacation. How they can take a 2 week vacation over Xmas when this shit storm is brewing is beyond me, i didn't even get a 2 week vacation and i have had nothing as pressing as this to get back to :S.
    Last edited by triggy89; 2013-01-03 at 10:25 AM.

  5. #1085
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,247
    you said how could you like the game based on what the company has done and then carry on about how crap the company is, you don't say how crap the game is. this is all after saying like the game by all means but don't defend the company. so the contradiction is clear.

    doesn't really matter I know what te expect from you anyway. have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

  6. #1086
    there is a difference between saying someone is flat out wrong, and saying you cant understand why someone sees something a certain way. It isnt that hard to get into your head mate, and yes you know what expect from me, i am loving this, simply put i very rarely become a keyboard warrior/get so riled up about things, but with this I did, and to be proven SO right after people defended sergey and the company so fervently, makes me feel like this.

    http://i.imgur.com/jwQj4.gif

    That's nice and all, but please don't make posts just to gloat or attempt to stir up trouble. If you have something to add to the conversation, that's fine. If not, refrain from posting. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-08 at 04:48 PM.

  7. #1087
    There are too many problems with the game, I really don't see it getting any better. The map is mostly empty, and the only places with zombies are places that have items. Zombies don't just wonder around on their own. There are also never any buildings without any zombies, like there should be. The towns look terrible, and only have a handful of buildings each. None of them are anywhere near the size of a realistic town.

    Then there are issues with the zombies being buggy, and their combat being a bit off. I hate fighting a zombie one on one, 'cause they still just stand their and spaz out as you hit them. I really think they could stand to look at how zombies work in other games, perhaps like the game No More Room in Hell, and try to copy that. A zombie game where the zombies are treated as an afterthought just won't ever work.

    Then there's the issue with stamina. It runs out way too fast. I should be able to run more than just a few hundred meters before needing to catch my breath. And that complaint kinda leads into another thing that the game could do, which is make the different characters more than just a customization option. The ex-military character should definitely be able to run more than a few hundred meters before getting tired.

    And finally, they really need to allow you to swim. It's a tad ridiculous that you can't. And while they work on adding in the animations and making it work, it couldn't hurt to add a few bridges in. It's absurd how far you need to walk to get across a river.

    They need to work on fixing what little there is in the game now before trying to add things like vehicles. I can't list a single feature in this game right now that seems fully fleshed out and well developed.

  8. #1088
    Is WarZ developed by the same people who made DayZ?

  9. #1089
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Is WarZ developed by the same people who made DayZ?
    Not even remotely close. WarZ is developed by Hammerpoint Interactive.

    DayZ is being worked on by the original creator of the mod, who was hired by Arma developers, Bohemia Interactive.

  10. #1090
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan849 View Post
    There are too many problems with the game, I really don't see it getting any better. The map is mostly empty, and the only places with zombies are places that have items. Zombies don't just wonder around on their own. There are also never any buildings without any zombies, like there should be. The towns look terrible, and only have a handful of buildings each. None of them are anywhere near the size of a realistic town.

    Then there are issues with the zombies being buggy, and their combat being a bit off. I hate fighting a zombie one on one, 'cause they still just stand their and spaz out as you hit them. I really think they could stand to look at how zombies work in other games, perhaps like the game No More Room in Hell, and try to copy that. A zombie game where the zombies are treated as an afterthought just won't ever work.

    Then there's the issue with stamina. It runs out way too fast. I should be able to run more than just a few hundred meters before needing to catch my breath. And that complaint kinda leads into another thing that the game could do, which is make the different characters more than just a customization option. The ex-military character should definitely be able to run more than a few hundred meters before getting tired.

    And finally, they really need to allow you to swim. It's a tad ridiculous that you can't. And while they work on adding in the animations and making it work, it couldn't hurt to add a few bridges in. It's absurd how far you need to walk to get across a river.

    They need to work on fixing what little there is in the game now before trying to add things like vehicles. I can't list a single feature in this game right now that seems fully fleshed out and well developed.
    Well, the zombies dont have many people left to eat, so they have started munching the furniture its why there is none in any of the houses. What you say is all pretty accurate, its a clear indicator of the shoddily rushed game this is, all in an attempt to tap in to the day Z love fest. They would have been better off just saying this is beta until middle of this year not coming up with ludicrous release dates like fall 2012...
    Combat isnt a little bit off, I literally just jump on hte bonnet of a car and whack the zombies because they just stand staring at me.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-10 at 06:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

  11. #1091
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Combat isnt a little bit off, I literally just jump on hte bonnet of a car and whack the zombies because they just stand staring at me.
    Tuning things like that can be pretty difficult in all fairness, if you're able jump onto objects you either have to enable the zombies to attack you from an unrealistic range or enable them to climb onto the car and both of those can cause clipping and pathing issues in other situations. Definitely a lot of aspects of The War Z that I would criticise before that particular problem .

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    DayZ is being worked on by the original creator of the mod, who was hired by Arma developers, Bohemia Interactive.
    Technically he already worked for them as he helped design Arma2 among other things but I guess you could say he got re-employed into a different project.

  12. #1092
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Tuning things like that can be pretty difficult in all fairness, if you're able jump onto objects you either have to enable the zombies to attack you from an unrealistic range or enable them to climb onto the car and both of those can cause clipping and pathing issues in other situations. Definitely a lot of aspects of The War Z that I would criticise before that particular problem .
    They can already climb on sandbags and burnt out cars, and a bonnet of a car is not an unrealistic range, a car is what 5 foot wide so if youre in the middle thats 2.5 foot most people can reach 2.5 foot :S If you think rounding up an entire town of zombies and just jumping on a car and being invincible isnt a bit gamebreaking, then I dont know what is :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-10 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

  13. #1093
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    They can already climb on sandbags and burnt out cars, and a bonnet of a car is not an unrealistic range, a car is what 5 foot wide so if youre in the middle thats 2.5 foot most people can reach 2.5 foot :S
    Clipping issues aside people would just jump onto slightly wider or higher objects making it a little less easier to do, it would be easier to remove the ability to jump .

    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If you think rounding up an entire town of zombies and just jumping on a car and being invincible isnt a bit gamebreaking, then I dont know what is :P
    Good job I never mentioned thinking that then .

  14. #1094
    I am Murloc! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Clipping issues aside people would just jump onto slightly wider or higher objects making it a little less easier to do, it would be easier to remove the ability to jump .
    That doesnt make any sense, so basically don't fix a flaw that completely negates any danger because people will find another way to do something similar?


    Good job I never mentioned thinking that then .
    You mentioned other issues more important, what other issues would you put above being able to take on a whole town of zombies by jumping on a car then? You dont really have to answer, their are many more issues, I just thought your reply was totally dismissive of this flaw.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-01-10 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Then your a mumbling dumbass who likes to make assumptions about people for the hell of it.

  15. #1095
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That doesnt make any sense, so basically don't fix a flaw that completely negates any danger because people will find another way to do something similar?
    I didn't say don't fix it, just that it's not as simple as it seems and that with the ability to jump you'll almost always find some way to exploit it. I'd agree that the WarZ jumping issues are extra stupid though.

    Reminds me of MikeB's early video of The Secret World where he demonstrates how you can jump back and forth over a fence to kite the mobs around.

  16. #1096
    well this thread has died, XD

  17. #1097
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    well this thread has died, XD
    Are you surprised? I'm sure even the most loyal fans are giving up after the past weeks fiasco's.

  18. #1098
    I'm slightly disappointed. Even though the game's not very good, and I don't play it much anymore, some of the conversations were still fun.

  19. #1099
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,284
    I still play it now and then lol basically the same experience as COD without the 60$ price tag lol.

  20. #1100
    hahahaha, indeed, seems like the fans have finally woken up and smelt the coffee. although it was a lot more entertaining when it was still alive, made for good threads.

    I said 6 months, but I never would have guessed it would crumble in half that time. XD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •