Question on AMD Radeon HD7470

Saw a great deal on newegg for an asus desktop 12gb ram, 3.1ghz amd processor, 2tb hd, also came with a keyboard but then I started looking at the gpu and noticed it was an AMD Radeon HD 7470. I've tried looking around to see if this was a decent gc but can't seem to find anything that says otherwise. Normally I'd check Youtube to see if there's a video on there but nope. Can anyone take a look at this and tell me it seems ok? there's appearently a pdf file first thing on google if you search the card with all the specs but I can't link anything yet.

Messaged my friend (who's decent with computers) and he said that all the specs seemed to look decent. But idk you know what they say if you can't find anything about it on first page of google, it's probably nonexistant, or bad. xD.

btw make sure you don't look up AMD Radeon HD 7470M that's apparently for laptops xD.

Your second guess is right, it is bad (if it exists). It is likely an OEM card that is too slow to play any real games.

I am too lazy to go through that sale email, but if you could point us to the desktop it would be helpful.

Whole computer sounds like big fat rip-off...

12GB is too much RAM for any kind of gaming use, AMD processors are rather weak, 2TB HDD is probably slowest possible and Radeon 7470 is hopeless garbage for any kind of gaming. It's really badly balanced overall, and smells like Asus is desperately trying to dump out shit that won't sell otherwise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I guess I can tell you the type it's an ASUS CM1831-US-3AC Desktop PC maybe that will help a bit I guess

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 10:56 PM ----------

The processor's $160 and has five stars... Don't think it would be weak xD
    hard drive is 2TB 7200RPM idk if that's good doesn't give a specific brand
    Last edited by runemas3; 2012-09-01 at 10:59 PM.

This one is $10 more expensive and will run all games twice as fast
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229335
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks Vesseblah that looks like a pretty good computer. I tend to prefer intel over AMD so nice find.

Agreed, that computer is mostly to trick people with "lots of RAM and drive space so it must be good". That line of AMD CPUs is not great in gaming and especially bad for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by runemas3 View Post
    The processor's $160 and has five stars... Don't think it would be weak xD
    Stars come from people who are happy with their purchase, not from people who have actually compared it to other hardware.
    This is how much there's actually difference between Intel and AMD in gaming use at best (notice it's FX-8150, not 8120 in the test)

hard drive is 2TB 7200RPM idk if that's good doesn't give a specific brand
    Missing a brand is bad sign usually, meaning it's cheapest possible disc available.
    Trolling should be.

K well it's a good thing I checked on here xD. Eh vesse that one you linked me would I be able to upgrade it if I ever wanted to? cpu, graphics card and what not maybe ram.

would I be able to upgrade it if I ever wanted to? cpu, graphics card and what not maybe ram.
    Yes on all three.

Big problem with it is that it can not be overclocked with the motherboard it has. If you build the computer yourself, you could pick a motherboard that supports OC at very little extra cost. Sadly Newegg has no setups even close to same price that would come good out of the box and support OC.
    Trolling should be.