Thread: Dps help!!!

Deleted

Dps help!!!

Hey guys.

Ive been playing wow for 2 months now, And Im a level 85 fire mage, But my DPS is only 3-5k, Is there anyway to get it up Here is a picture of my spells.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

Start by applying Living bomb. Then fireball spame, until you get 2 stacks for instant pyro-blast, while keeping up living bomb all the time.

For AOE, pop living bomb, get loads of ignite dmg on 1 mob, then pop combustion, and spread the dots.

//Thats quick written. Go to mage forum on this site and read the stickes.

Edit: If not a troll post..., renember that wow is very gear-dependant game. You will need to run some 5 mans, gem and enchant gear as you get it. But most important is to play propor. No gear can make up for a bad player, so go read some guides, or look up how to's on youtube. Please key-bind you're spells aswell.

After 5, you could use q w e rt etc, or any buttons you're good with. Clicking is not optimal, even for mages doing PVE.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-09-01 at 10:16 PM.

4/10, you have combustion and ice barrier on your bar.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

This is probably best posted in the Mage forums, but I'll try to help.

Just looking at your actionbar, you are making it really difficult to do any damage with Pyroblast at 9. I don't have any abilities bound past 6, as I feel I can't accurately use anything past that (I have trouble past 4, tbh). Also, I don't see a bomb anywhere on your bars (could be wrong, only know the icon for Living Bomb).

While I haven't played my mage much since the patch hit, this is my rotation:

Open with Pyroblast, apply bomb, go into fireball spam. When Hot Streak procs, cast Pyroblast. Depending on where I am in relation to my target, I will Inferno Blast with a Heating Up! proc to force the Hot Streak, but this doesn't work as well the closer you get to the target. At a 10k+ Ignite, I use Combustion.

Take this all with a grain of salt, as I haven't studied the min-maxing for my mage yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Start by applying Living bomb. Then fireball spame, until you get 2 stacks for instant pyro-blast, while keeping up living bomb all the time.

For AOE, pop living bomb, get loads of ignite dmg on 1 mob, then pop combustion, and spread the dots.

//Thats quick written. Go to mage forum on this site and read the stickes.

Edit: If not a troll post..., renember that wow is very gear-dependant game. You will need to run some 5 mans, gem and enchant gear as you get it. But most important is to play propor. No gear can make up for a bad player, so go read some guides, or look up how to's on youtube. Please key-bind you're spells aswell.

After 5, you could use q w e rt etc, or any buttons you're good with. Clicking is not optimal, even for mages doing PVE.
    Thanks alot man

Also not sure if this is a troll post, but whatever.
    For starters i would remove the the not used spells from your bars. Thinking you are fire frostfire bolt on 2nd slot is just a space hog. You might want to change it with pyroblast (given that its in a very odd and unconfortable spot). Another one is 7 and = which you have ring of frost on. You really wont be using that one alot, not with your 3-5k as you say. On 8 there is an ice barrier, while very nice, but still - useless for now. You will lose more time thinking about where when and if to use it then just not using it.
    So with that in mind rearange your buttons to be the ones you press the most on the easiest to reach buttons like above mentioned q or e and something like 1 2 3 4 5 while long cd spells like combustion can be on keys like =. You might also want to bring up your living bomb (or whatever you chose from that tier) and flame strike and kinda put them into one spot for easy access (shift+ 1 2 3 might be a decent combo, easy to access too).
    This doesnt mean you actually should ignore any interupts decurses buffs or whatever you have, but in your case just focus on pure basics and you should really do more then 5k.
    Also read up a guide or two. http://www.icy-veins.com/fire-mage-w...talents-glyphs could be a good start for you, but dont be afraid to look up into mage subforum, im pretty sure they will have some helpfull topics,links.

If that was troll, oh well, you got me there sir

Deleted
    Thanks all of you guys, Im able to get my DPS up to 9000

I don't know if im just oblivious or the people here are. But cmon this has GOT to be a troll, im putting myself out there but that is a very bad troll attempt, 3-5k dps at lv85 is achievable with a wand and no gear. My mage is full BiS and just spamming fireball (which you might do if you were brain-dead and gotten to 85 somehow) will do me an easy 20k dps. So ye.

Deleted
    I'm still a bit confused, but a thread closure was requested by the OP and there's really nothing else being discussed (other than whether or not he is trolling, which I'll remind y'all is not allowed). So, uh, closing.