Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb What will there be after Mists of Pandaria?

This came up to me earlier today, I, personally do not know very much about the lore of Warcraft. I really want to start on getting to know it but at the same time can't get myself to it. Anyway, as far as I know, Blizzard can add lore anytime so there would be a lot of possibilities for a "new" expansion. I've not seen many rumors yet about anything like that, as ofcourse, we've not even started with MoP yet. However, I asked myself.. What would the possibilities be of a new expansion bringing us a complete new planet? I mean surely Outland and Azeroth can't be the only planets around. I spoke to a few friends about this and they were thinking that quite possibly a new planet could be the planet Argus, the home of the draenei and, from what I've read on WoWWiki, maybe the place where the Burning Legion could be found. Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Argus

There would be a large chance that this would be the base of a new expansion, but would it be the next one? Next to that, How many more expansions will there be? As far as I know, the hard level cap would be around level 120. This would mean, when leveling up 10 levels each expansion, there would be three more expansions after Mists of Pandaria. However, I wonder if WoW will even last 8 years longer from now.

There are a lot of possibilities for a new expansion for WoW. I myself, not based on knowledge, am thinking, or better said, hoping that there will be one more expansion which will increase the levelcap to 120 and give us a gigantic new planet which possibly gives us 30 more levels at once to go through. In this expansion WoW would be knotting all ends together. This expansion would last for the coming 4-6 years, ofcourse with a lot of content patches.
    This would be very unrealistic, but this is the fantasy I have about the progress of WoW. Again, based on nothing really, since I barely have a clue about the lore of Warcraft. (Shame on me.)

Well, what are your thoughts? Share them here!
    Last edited by mmocfe1db217e4; 2012-09-09 at 09:41 AM.

Xoroth, home of the dreadsteeds/dreadlords plus assortment of other Nethrazim home worlds
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

After MOP, there will be BROOM.
    Keep The Beats!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are split nearly perfectly between Azshara and the Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I hope not Azshara... Naga shit is so lame. I want Legion again!

I'll start out by saying that I have limited knowledge about the WoW lore, but I've heard there should be some sort of Zandalari troll capital around somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    I lol'd irl so loud at this my family looked at me from across the room.

Blizzard has already deviated from their original leaked white board schedule by shortening the leveling steps from 10 levels per xpac to only 5. If they stick to that newish pattern they may do Azshara/Kul Tiras from 90-95, leaving Sargeras and the Legion for the "finale" from 95-100. I've had the impression from the start that MoP is just a bit of breather between big nasties.

Deleted
    Kek.

Personally, I'm hoping it will be something like World Of Warcraft: Army of the Light, where Velen, with Liadrin repping the Horde as a lieutenant of his, will lead the charge to Xoroth, home of the Nathrezim, and then Argus, his former homeworld and dominion of the Eredar (and perhaps the location of Turalyon and Alleria, hmm?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    I'll start out by saying that I have limited knowledge about the WoW lore, but I've heard there should be some sort of Zandalari troll capital around somewhere?
    Zandalar was destroyed in the Cataclysm. The remaning Zendalari tribe and leaders are trying to take over pandaria, and its speculated that the island on the top east of Pandaria is a Zandalari stronghold. Also the Mogu were their allys a loooong time ago so there's that...

OT: Im goin to go ahead and say that the next expec is Azshara and Nzoth. Wont bet on it because theres actually a lot of clues that the legion is on the march but...Azshara and the whole Vashjir experience its still out there along with the Nightmare Nzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantee View Post
    Blizzard has already deviated from their original leaked white board schedule by shortening the leveling steps from 10 levels per xpac to only 5. If they stick to that newish pattern they may do Azshara/Kul Tiras from 90-95, leaving Sargeras and the Legion for the "finale" from 95-100. I've had the impression from the start that MoP is just a bit of breather between big nasties.
    Except that was never an actual leaked thing, just something a player made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantee View Post
    I lol'd irl so loud at this my family looked at me from across the room.

sick of moronic people like you who think wow will end at level 100, why cos its a big rounded off number wow has many years left in it yet many il be still playing wow when im 40 in 11 years time just cos 100 is like the perfect number dnt mean crap, look at runescape levels im sure you can be like a level 200+ on that and other games

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-02 at 03:34 AM.

Deleted
    I actually don't think ANY of this will happen.
    Well.
    I think if MOP is a success, it might be partly to thank for the new Lore...
    I have a feeling Blizz would really prefer this, and I dunno, I think so would I...
    The Sha are absolutely brilliant, shows how creative they can be and I really wish they'd pay "homage" to the old world, maybe through CoT and scenarios, but leave the rest of the content to brand new stuff.
    It doesn't have to be Pandas, and I have to say I'm not TOO keen on the Asian style, but it's better than what Cata was.

Deleted
    I've had the impression from the start that MoP is just a bit of breather between big nasties.[/QUOTE]

They said that some time ago, that MoP is the calm before the storm. Shitstorm inc!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are going to a pull a Cataclysm cept with outland and revamp it ... I don't know how people will level through 60s though...
    Last edited by Giants41; 2012-09-02 at 02:01 AM.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    sick of moronic people like you: "cos" "il" "when im 40, (in my mommies basement)", "cos", "dnt"
    I'm sick of people like you, who can't grasp the small idea of not looking like a moron, when portraying someone else out to be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to imagine WoW won't culminate with Sargeras and the Burning Legion. If this is the case, Queen Azshara would have to play a part in his arrival. Like it or not, we're probably looking at a Naga xpac followed by a Dark Titan xpac.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    I actually don't think ANY of this will happen.
    Well.
    I think if MOP is a success, it might be partly to thank for the new Lore...
    I have a feeling Blizz would really prefer this, and I dunno, I think so would I...
    The Sha are absolutely brilliant, shows how creative they can be and I really wish they'd pay "homage" to the old world, maybe through CoT and scenarios, but leave the rest of the content to brand new stuff.
    It doesn't have to be Pandas, and I have to say I'm not TOO keen on the Asian style, but it's better than what Cata was.
    The Sha are new. But not Pandaria.

Blizz will still work within what they know, while seeding future content through things like short stories and Wrathion's visions.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    It's hard to imagine WoW won't culminate with Sargeras and the Burning Legion. If this is the case, Queen Azshara would have to play a part in his arrival. Like it or not, we're probably looking at a Naga xpac followed by a Dark Titan xpac.
    "100 is just a number to us" - Blizzard
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Kek.

Personally, I'm hoping it will be something like World Of Warcraft: Army of the Light, where Velen, with Liadrin repping the Horde as a lieutenant of his, will lead the charge to Xoroth, home of the Nathrezim, and then Argus, his former homeworld and dominion of the Eredar (and perhaps the location of Turalyon and Alleria, hmm?).
    There was a neat thread about a letter from Turalyon on mmo-champ at one point. It was quite brilliant. I do like your idea of an xpac.

I'm still waiting for (hoping ._.) The Emerald Dream expansion. There are already Emerald Dream files located within the game files and they have been continuously updated... so it seems that they may should (hopefully) do it eventually. As far as I predict, I hope for Emerald Dream to be next to reach Level 95 then finally a Burning Legion one with perhaps Sargeras as the end boss (with the characters empowered by the titans etc); perhaps ending WoW with Level 100 and having Blizzard move on with Titan. WoW has to have an end eventually.
    I'm not saying what I said, will happen or what absolutely must happen. Just a prediction.

One with Argus though certainly isn't a bad idea.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2012-09-02 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check and mate :P