Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've not even been to Argus yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I really wanna fight the legion. I started playing Wow around when Sunwell dropped and I missed everything in TBC. I would like to get a feel for some demon killing.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thought here is that Mists of Pandaria will not only expand on the lore, but hint at what's to come, so to answer this question I will say have patience and learn what is worth fighting for. :P

My not tongue in cheek answer is that the next expansion will be an alien world/outland revamp ( we 'cleansed' it so that it may rebuild, and I really wouldn't mind going back to Nagrand) that will include some stuff on Azeroth as well such as a Naga and/or legion invasion.

I also would petition for a Scarlet Crusade themed xpac. - or at least them as a playable race/ogres as a new race!

I could imagine maybe Azshara or the Legion would pop out but who knows, maybe they'll come up with something unexpected, wouldn't mind myself. But I'm mostly leaning towards one of the first two.

*SPOILER WARNING*

Judging by what's happening in the new RFC, Garrosh might get corrupted by red orcs (its only a theory, but a large possibility). Which probably will lead to demons, which in turn would probably lead to a demon invasion. Thus, the content of the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    *SPOILER WARNING*

Judging by what's happening in the new RFC, Garrosh might get corrupted by red orcs (its only a theory, but a large possibility). Which probably will lead to demons, which in turn would probably lead to a demon invasion. Thus, the content of the new expansion.
    BUT didn't blizzard state that Garrosh was corrupted by the Sha or something? I don't know, came a while back, I think that's what they said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    BUT didn't blizzard state that Garrosh was corrupted by the Sha or something? I don't know, came a while back, I think that's what they said
    No, all they stated was that Garrosh will be the final boss in MoP. Everything else is speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    whatever it would be, I can't wait already but tbh I hope there won't be expansion centered around nagas, I really hate them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naga and the Southern Seas
    Bolvar the Lich King
    Redo the entire world (Outland, Northrend, and Azeroth again...)
    BL Sargaras

And throughout the rest of these Blizzard will add in a little more and more and more.

Underwater expansion with Azshara as end-boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, all they stated was that Garrosh will be the final boss in MoP. Everything else is speculation.
    They never said Garrosh was going to be a boss either. Just that he would be dealt with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted

There's no more place in Azeroth for any new content (they won't pull another Cata and scatter the zones, I'm sure), which leaves the only option of a totally new place. And that's 99%.

I would personally like some draenei-demon thing again, of course with tons of naarus... Argus seems a great place for that. Maybe we cleansed Outland, and that would be our main base on the assault, possibly with spaceships instead of portals

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    They never said Garrosh was going to be a boss either. Just that he would be dealt with.
    Oh come on. I actually do believe they said he would be a boss in that raid and if they didn't then that's just a helpful technicality for that argument...

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgash View Post

There's no more place in Azeroth for any new content (they won't pull another Cata and scatter the zones, I'm sure), which leaves the only option of a totally new place. And that's 99%.

I would personally like some draenei-demon thing again, of course with tons of naarus... Argus seems a great place for that. Maybe we cleansed Outland, and that would be our main base on the assault, possibly with spaceships instead of portals
    Notice the Southern Seas are empty... As in the left and right and just above Pandaria
    Last edited by zanzan28; 2012-09-02 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantee View Post
    I lol'd irl so loud at this my family looked at me from across the room.

Blizzard has already deviated from their original leaked white board schedule by shortening the leveling steps from 10 levels per xpac to only 5. If they stick to that newish pattern they may do Azshara/Kul Tiras from 90-95, leaving Sargeras and the Legion for the "finale" from 95-100. I've had the impression from the start that MoP is just a bit of breather between big nasties.
    did you even read what Blizzard said on why they cut the levels per expac from 10 to 5? Apparently not.

Anyways:

New lore aside, there's many places they can take the game.

We could have the Draenei fix the Exodus back into it's space travel capabilities, or build new ships and launch an attack on Argus, though I believe this will be the last expac cause Argus is possibly where Sargeras' stronghold is.

Then there's Azshara, we still need to finish her off. This is where Illidan could return, working with the Naga again.

Also the Emerald Dream is still afflicted by the nightmare. With Ysera weakened N'Zoth's hold on the Dream could get stronger.

There are still twilight cultists around pledge to the Legion, so they could make a return to Azeroth, or attack outlands again, it is over due for a remake. Garosh also has some demonic stuff going on under Org, the Legion could be summoned from within Ragefire.

We also might have an issue with Bolvar and the Helm of Domination. He might be wearing the helm, but he isn't in control of the scourge, they are still attacking some places, and some even have control of their own actions. Or someone else is controlling them. Kel'Thazud also promised he would return one day stronger.

Wrathion is also taking a part in MOP, not sure if he will be neutral or follow in his fathers footsteps. He does feel like he was betrayed by the other Dragonflights, and now he is stronger then they are, and is the only remaining Black Dragon.

That's all I feel like typing for now. I'll have a long as post if I put up all the stuff I figure they could turn into an expac. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    do you really think they won't add anythiong because of the map ? lol. It's easy just zoom up and here we go, 100% bigger map.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 80% sure that next exp will be Legion related... last boss in Ragefire chasm which looks like a fel something on steroids and wrathion dialogue that was datamined are pretty big hints to that....

would be cool if they did something like we go to Argus to finally confront Sargeras but we find out that he isn't there and go hunt for him throughout the galaxy !! Bounty HUnter style !! on each planet discovering new races and lore and stuff new playable races and even classes gief mommy!
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2012-09-02 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Zandalar was destroyed in the Cataclysm. The remaning Zendalari tribe and leaders are trying to take over pandaria, and its speculated that the island on the top east of Pandaria is a Zandalari stronghold. Also the Mogu were their allys a loooong time ago so there's that...
    I'm really disappointed if Zandalar really was destroyed, I had hoped that some day we'd get a big, awesome troll raid like Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman used to be in which we bring down King Rastakhan in Zuldazar.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Blizzard has stated on many occasions that Pandaria is a self-contained story culminating in the final raid of this first tier, meaning that any subsequent patches in this expansion will likely NOT be set on Pandaria. It is likely there that will see something like Kul Tiras or the Zandalari, or maybe even N'Zoth or Azshara in the next several raid tiers.

However, Blizzard can NOT afford to go small with their next expansion i.e. "South Seas" or "Emerald Dream" or whatever else fanboys may be envisioning. There were at least a dozen reasons why a left-turn in lore like MOP was a good idea, and at least another dozen reasons why the next expansion needs to go big. And there's only way to go big...fight against the Burning Legion.

The primary reason is simple mathematics. World of Warcraft is in decline; its best days are behind it. No king rules forever, and the time is slowly approaching that people just aren't going to care very much. However, one thing that can slow that decline is that big lore moment every WoW fan has been waiting for. The first was the fight against the Lich King, which not coincidentally was when WoW was at its peak. The second and arguably larger moment is the final showdown with the Burning Legion and the big guy himself, Sargeras. There will never be a bigger moment in World of Warcraft, and Blizzard would have to be absolute morons to wait until WoW has gone into a full decline to give fans that moment. There is a critical period where that content has to be delivered before fans no longer care to see the big showdown. And that time is fast approaching.

Will that be the end? Of course not. I'm sure there will be several more expansions after. But Blizzard has got to do that expansion when there are still enough subscribers to justify it. It's the difference between maintaining 10 million subscribers and maintaining 5 million. The expansion could be the best thing since sliced bread, and it's still not going to bring everyone back. It's about keeping what you have. So I would bet my life savings that the Burning Legion expansion is next up on the slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    We could have the Draenei fix the Exodus back into it's space travel capabilities, or build new ships and launch an attack on Argus, though I believe this will be the last expac cause Argus is possibly where Sargeras' stronghold is.
    The Exodar's up and running again, they went over that in the Velen short story. The Draenei have thus far chosen to remain on Azeroth to continue assisting the Alliance.
    There are still twilight cultists around pledge to the Legion, so they could make a return to Azeroth, or attack outlands again, it is over due for a remake.
    Who and where are these cultists? The Twilight's Hammer serve the Old Gods and actually conflict with the Legion in Hyjal, they're completely different factions. Are you sure you're not getting them mixed up with some other cult?
    Wrathion is also taking a part in MOP, not sure if he will be neutral or follow in his fathers footsteps. He does feel like he was betrayed by the other Dragonflights, and now he is stronger then they are, and is the only remaining Black Dragon.
    I haven't played Beta, so could you or someone else explain how he's anywhere NEAR as powerful as the Aspects? While they did lose their immortality, they are still incredibly ancient and powerful beings, while Wrathion's still a whelp, barely two years old. I don't see how he could have gained so much power so quickly at such a young age.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2012-09-02 at 07:14 AM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Personally I believe the next expansion will put a lot of focus on the sea, new islands, Kul'Tiras, Tomb of Sargeras, the sea floor, Azshara, old gods again, and Neptulon. The legion can wait a bit longer.