Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ret mastery... not nerfed?

Ret mastery was not nerfed. It has been 15% for quite awhile. You're probably just seeing a tooltip correction. ~~ GC
    Can anyone on beta confirm if and post how much = 1% mastery. We may of gotten all hot and bothered over nothing. DIvine storm still sucks tho.

I think he may be blowing smoke in our face since well.... it was a scaling nerf not a hard 2% mastery drop.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-08-31 at 09:19 PM.

Smacking the dummy on Live right now with no Seal, no Inq, no BoM.

Mastery on character panel is showing 37.8%
    109,900 Crusader Strike
    36,600 Hand of Light

33.33% actual damage. It's 12% less than the tooltip says, so it's just a tooltip update that's somehow been overlooked by everyone.
    Last edited by Vanderhuge; 2012-08-31 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    According to Exemplar (see last few pages on elitistjerks), even with the newest nerf, Divine Storm is still viable at 2+ targets. Which is awesome, now we can not only aoe but cleave too.
    HotR still meh and only viable at 4+ targets. Seal of Righteousness craptastic (6+ targets).
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2012-08-31 at 09:32 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd put things in like "Just a tooltip correction" if that is the case. I don't know about anyone else but I borderline get anxiety anytime they tinker with us.
    Also, Anaxie you sometimes type in caps with red text when it involves nerfs so you scare me too lol.
    DS is nice on live, HoTR is annoying but our AOE will probably be better with the melee exo glyph. I don't have beta, so idk.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    According to Exemplar (see last few pages on elitistjerks), even with the newest nerf, Divine Storm is still viable at 2+ targets. Which is awesome, now we can not only aoe but cleave too.
    Too bad Rogues do 2 target cleave better. Blade Flurry got buffed, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Smacking the dummy on Live right now with no Seal, no Inq, no BoM.

Mastery on character panel is showing 37.8%
    109,900 Crusader Strike
    36,600 Hand of Light

33.33% actual damage. It's 12% less than the tooltip says, so it's just a tooltip update that's somehow been overlooked by everyone.
    that kinda sucks. Its still a nerf then because we assumed and we had a certain amount.
    Shit this might make haste beat mastery on live even.

Also check my theorycraft thread we just gained a nice buff we should see a larger dps increase compared to other classes fromt he trinkets procs being ALOT almost 70% better then Wowhead had them shown. Larger increase compared to classes too because our cooldowns + trinkets combo is more op then well... anyone.

Extra 1200 passive haste and extra 2700 on proc SHOULD change some weights around if it doesn't idk wtf to say.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:21 PM ----------

Friend on beta confirmed WE ARE NOT NERFED ON BETA MASTERY IS NORMAL. We gain the same HoL damage per point as we always have.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-08-31 at 11:21 PM.

I should really start raiding again. Then I'd have a vested interest in all the "omg we were nerfed" and "omg no you weren't" conversations. Instead, I just hang out in Stormwind and read all of the complaints from my bnet friends. **COUGH** ANAXIE **COUGH**

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Too bad Rogues do 2 target cleave better. Blade Flurry got buffed, even.
    As a rogue, I was shocked when I saw this. It's already very, very strong, and having it buffed.. Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    I should really start raiding again. Then I'd have a vested interest in all the "omg we were nerfed" and "omg no you weren't" conversations. Instead, I just hang out in Stormwind and read all of the complaints from my bnet friends. **COUGH** ANAXIE **COUGH**
    YOU RANG? We would all love to see you back man but people come and go. Especially from this class.

I've been messing around on live since the patch and I kinda like it. Additionally, having all of my mounts on any character that I want is a HUGE PLUS!! I was actually considering finding a 2-3 raid/week group.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Only real downside to Ret right now IMO still comes from our love/hate relationship with good ol' Gurthy, Voice of the No Deeps for You, Pally. Between DKs using Blood Boil and a Warrior's BS/DR/etc, they're literally throwing tentacle parties that we weren't invited to.

I will, however, admit that having much better Spellweave damage just feels so right.

Only real downside to Ret right now IMO still comes from our love/hate relationship with good ol' Gurthy, Voice of the No Deeps for You, Pally. Between DKs using Blood Boil and a Warrior's BS/DR/etc, they're literally throwing tentacle parties that we weren't invited to.

I will, however, admit that having much better Spellweave damage just feels so right.
    I've actually been noticing a lot more tentacles since patch - not sure if it's the extra haste I've scrounged up, or if it's some new interaction with the melee recoded Judgment.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I've actually been noticing a lot more tentacles since patch - not sure if it's the extra haste I've scrounged up, or if it's some new interaction with the melee recoded Judgment.
    Probably should have clarified that for AoE pulls. Single target still feels pretty hit or miss with the tentacles - whereas for AoE I've seen a DK with well over 10 of them up at once due to Blood Boil.

Probably should have clarified that for AoE pulls. Single target still feels pretty hit or miss with the tentacles - whereas for AoE I've seen a DK with well over 10 of them up at once due to Blood Boil.
    So, wait - it's perfectly natural for Blood Boil to proc tentacles but not Seals, Hammer of the Righteous, or Divine Storm? That is complete and utter horse shit.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    So, wait - it's perfectly natural for Blood Boil to proc tentacles but not Seals, Hammer of the Righteous, or Divine Storm? That is complete and utter horse shit.
    Blood Boil does not proc tentacles. It is only procs off of direct melee attacks. That being said, there does seem to be a bug (no pun intended) that causes Unholy Blight talent to proc them. I guess maybe because of the wording of the insects 'stinging' the mobs, it considers it a melee attack? Methinks it is an oversight, but definitely spent about 20 minutes blood boiling over and over and didn't get a single tentacle from that. I think they may have just buffed the proc rate of tentacles, because on my Fury Warrior I get them much more often. Though that could also be because there is a lot more going on with Fury now than there was before. As in hitting your melee attacks a lot more often. If they did buff the proc rate, maybe it will be a lot better for Ret again?
    Last edited by Egitel; 2012-09-01 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Blood Boil does not proc tentacles. It is only procs off of direct melee attacks. That being said, there does seem to be a bug (no pun intended) that causes Unholy Blight talent to proc them. I guess maybe because of the wording of the insects 'stinging' the mobs, it considers it a melee attack? Methinks it is an oversight, but definitely spent about 20 minutes blood boiling over and over and didn't get a single tentacle from that. I think they may have just buffed the proc rate of tentacles, because on my Fury Warrior I get them much more often. Though that could also be because there is a lot more going on with Fury now than there was before. As in hitting your melee attacks a lot more often. If they did buff the proc rate, maybe it will be a lot better for Ret again?
    I haven't seen any abnormal proc rates from either Arms or Fury Warriors compared to Ret on average. That's just my experience, though.

Deleted
    still keeping the old priority mastery>haste>crit,and I see +5k damage on ultraxion lfr,

Ultraxion normal raid : 3dps , 2 healers , 2 tanks = dead
    dunno how we did it i thought we were going to wipe
    Last edited by Matrlx; 2012-09-01 at 02:40 PM.

lol as you guys know that was me making the thread talking about the ret mastery :3! I just posted right now again some one attacking me cause I mentioned sims xD! I just wanted a clarification from ghost crawler I never thought I actually get a post about it ^-^!

Deleted
    So, seeing as DS heroic is a complete joke atm and has been for quite some time, I havn't really read up on ret for 5.0

Is mastery still the shit, and haste shit? Or do we have different scaling now, considering alot of attacks gcd are reduced by haste, and Inq giving 10% crit?

Talking about live lvl 85 here, not what's best at 90 in mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    HotR still meh and only viable at 4+ targets. Seal of Righteousness craptastic (6+ targets).
    I naturally assume that's counting keeping censure at 5 stacks on multiple targets right? (that seal of cleave is only better on 6+ targets)
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-09-01 at 03:15 PM.