Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Where have all the hardcore players gone?

I realize with wow becoming so easy you can play it with your penis (It's only a few patches away unfortunately I can see the youtube videos now) that it's scaring many of the old core players away. In fact, the only guilds who still exist that existed in vanilla are paragon and blood legion, the rest are gone to bigger and better things (and 70% of blood legion is new members since then).

But with all the negative changes there's millions of good ones too. Classes are extremely balanced now (People QQ about fire mages being OP in pvp still but let's face it, they're killable),

But with these nerfs and balances shouldn't it create MORE good core players and not more bad ones? An easier game should mean that it's easier for people to grasp it and excel at it.

Yet, all we get are casual baddies who don't give a fuck about pvp or pve progression and couldn't progress if they even tried despite blizzard making it so easy a 5 year old can rape pvp. Don't believe me? My niece is six and achieved gladiator last season.

So Why? Why do players not care about progression anymore? Vanilla we lived breathed and shit progression, ditto BC but now all of a sudden all the core players are absent and they're replaced with this puddle of people who don't know their dicks from their assholes?

Now, before you say "roll horde! They're totally different!", no they aren't. Horde is exactly the same amount of casual people who could care less if people down heroic ragnaros pre nerf or not. Or the guilds who have accomplished the impossible and killed twins and c'thun, illidan, heroic lich king, yogg, agalon ... etc.

And then we have all of the "Hardcore wannabe's" don't believe me play on illidan for more than 15 minutes. Blizzard has made the content so where are the players? Come on people down some freaking content or at least get a 2200 rating... it isn't rocket science.

They're still there, clearing heroic content several months before it's nerfed and the "casual baddies" can even try it (and still fail)

I'm sorry but i find it really hard to believe that your niece actually achieved that.

Beyond all of the silly things you said (that have already been refuted by other posters):

It's an old game, bro. People grow up, they move on.

The game has made a shift, but the difficult content is still there. How many people can claim they went 13/13H until they nerfed T11? Not many.
    Last edited by MagicalPiracy; 2012-09-02 at 04:03 AM.
    Less QQ more PEWPEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    Don't believe me? My niece is six and achieved gladiator last season.
    I had Heroic Deathwing on farm at level 60 too. What gives, Bizz? Why so faceroll?

The "hardcores" I'd say have mostly moved on. We are in a different generation of gaming. Growing up, for me at least, staying up for 12+ hours playing a game was something that all of my friends did, and in online games I was just drawn to that crowd also (played Final Fantasy XI, ridiculous hours were needed to do the end game), but games these days aren't made that way anymore. The days of hours and hours consecutively are gone for the most part, because games simply aren't designed with this in mind. It isn't just something in World of Warcraft, although I'd say the shift in the way WoW is meant to be played is a good example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheh this is kind of amusing, because the people that are actually hardcore still play the game or move on, they complete content before everyone else they enjoy it and clear it like a real hardcore player would, before any kind of nerf. They dont come up with moronic stories like this. Did you really had to come up with that story by the way?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-09-02 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I had Heroic Deathwing on farm at level 60 too. What gives, Bizz? Why so faceroll?
    My deaf, blind grandmother whos paralyzed from the neck down solo'd deathwing the other day.

Have you even read the post? I see lots of people saying that's there is hard content but only few people cleared it. That is EXACTLY what OP is saying, where did all the hardcore people go? Why is there so little of them now that the game is so widespread and so accessible?

My personal opinion (which could be wrong) all the original hardcore players finished high school, college, got jobs and families and now either not playing or casually raiding due to time restrains.

i want proof for a 6 year old girl getting gladiator in arena please, if its true ill contact guinesse book of world records aswell. please tell more.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    i want proof for a 6 year old girl getting gladiator in arena please, if its true ill contact guinesse book of world records aswell. please tell more.
    Same. Also, my deathknight was part of the world first Cthun kill in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    I'd buy that their 6-year-old niece *got* Gladiator on their character, but not that the niece was playing personally at a Gladiator skill level. People sell Gladiator carries all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Have you even read the post? I see lots of people saying that's there is hard content but only few people cleared it. That is EXACTLY what OP is saying, where did all the hardcore people go? Why is there so little of them now that the game is so widespread and so accessible?

My personal opinion (which could be wrong) all the original hardcore players finished high school, college, got jobs and families and now either not playing or casually raiding due to time restrains.
    Partly they've moved on but also some people find it boring to clear normal and then heroic. In vanilla, TBC and to some degree in in Wrath there was one mode. You didn't progress if you couldn't beat the current tier. For example, in TBC, people beat Karazhan. Then they went on to Gruul and Mag. From there, SSC and TK and t heb Black Temple. But you didn't move on unless you were farming the current tier. This meant that when BT dropped the hardcore folks moved on to it, but the less series people were still in SSC or TK... and they did those raids until they could move on. There were plenty of downsides to this, but it gave various levels of guilds something to do and you knew who was really good by what they were raiding. Now, everyone just moves to the current tier. There's no real reason not to.

The other part of this is that the hardcore started to leave in Wrath - those instances were fairly easy and the wrath approach wasn't geared to the same raiders as TBC and vanilla. Combine that with new people who started during Wrath and saw that as what WoW should be like and... here you are.

Why should people care about progression when even Blizzard doesn't care about it? The game isn't being catered to the top 1% anymore, so the top 1% feels less desire.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

you guys are all taking his troll bait ^.^

Even if it is, you don't need to make a reply here about it. Please refrain from such actions. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-04 at 10:30 AM.

Not sure what you mean by hardcore people.

But my wow heros (that excelled at pve and pvp) are mostly all gone.
    Some left in tbc and others in wotlk.
    Last edited by banyentertainment; 2012-09-02 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why should people care about progression when even Blizzard doesn't care about it? The game isn't being catered to the top 1% anymore, so the top 1% feels less desire.
    I just wish the lore was better actually.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Just what is Blizzard supposed to do exactly to show they care? Should they cater the game to just the guilds that are contending for world firsts and say fuck the other 99.99999% of the playerbase?
    The hardcore players have their gear and are now taking it easy as they prepare for the rush to level 90 and the next round of world firsts. As for where they have been for the last few months, the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Just what is Blizzard supposed to do exactly to show they care? Should they cater the game to just the guilds that are contending for world firsts and say fuck the other 99.99999% of the playerbase?
    The hardcore players have their gear and are now taking it easy as they prepare for the rush to level 90 and the next round of world firsts. As for where they have been for the last few months, the Beta.
    I'm not saying that's what Blizzard should do for the company, but that's what they used to do, and that's why there's a decline in hardcore player mentality.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yesterday I smashed a potato into the keyboard 3 times and killed rag Hc... GG BLIZZ OMG

Post constructively, don't type spam posts -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-04 at 10:28 AM.