Unknown item properties/uses

So rather than create a thread specific to one item which felt silly to me, I figured I'd open it up to any items people are seeking more information on.

Basically, if you find an item which you can't seem to find the information you need on it after trying in game chat and google, post it here and hope someone from MMO-Champ can help.

I looted a Master Logging Axe from a chest and the description is very vague. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions with this item? i.e. can it only gather specific level wood? It doesn't even have a level requirement.. I'm not sure whether or not I should save this until higher levels, or just use it and hope I get more in the future?

Thanks! and feel free to post your own item queries!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post

I looted a Master Logging Axe from a chest and the description is very vague. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions with this item? i.e. can it only gather specific level wood? It doesn't even have a level requirement.. I'm not sure whether or not I should save this until higher levels, or just use it and hope I get more in the future?
    While I've not figured out what the "Very efficent" part of the description does the "Master" gathering tools seem to be able to gather all levels of materials. So far I've tested master picks up to mithril and they work just fine even ones I got ages ago in queensdale. As far as I can tell they are just a top level pick/axe/gathering tool without a minimum level requirement so probably would be good for harvesting in WvW before you can equip higher end gathering tools.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-09-02 at 04:11 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Awesome, thanks Merendel! At first I thought the "more efficient" part meant that it didn't consume a charge on each swing like regular gathering items, but they seem to consume the same amount.. so maybe it just has a higher chance of gathering more wood/ore/food per swing?