Thread: Gaming mouse.

Gaming mouse.

Heya.

I just bought Guild Wars 2 and am enjoying it, yet have come to the realisation that I can't play it 100% effectively in PvP without a proper gaming mouse.

Can anyone suggest a good one that isn't too expensive? I don't want to have to spend more then about 50-70 pounds on one.

And stupid question incoming. Does a gaming mouse even need a pad underneath it for any reason or is that completely superfluous?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816007

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816006

Are both what I am looking at to replace my Razer Naga Molten. Corsair seems to be really pumping out some good quality products these days.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826102062 I have heard from 2 friends that have this it is great too.

Logitech g500 and g600 have had positive reviews from a couple of friends as well.

I know the prices are in dollars, but I check and the more expensive corsair mouse fits just over 50 pounds for you. I checked Amazon uk and it has them all for very similar prices.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-09-02 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Logitech g400,g500 or mx518 old skool

just dont go razer unless you enjoy buying a new mouse every year and by every year i mean 2-7 months (they produce shit nowdays, not gaming gear)
    Last edited by Postaldude; 2012-09-02 at 08:39 AM.

Ehm, aren't they supposed to have 1-0 buttons along the side or something? O_o In the pictures of those I couldn't see any.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Yes, you need a mousepad unless you want to wear off the feet on the bottom of the mouse in all of a few weeks. :P As for the mouse itself:

In terms of pure accuracy and reliability, the optical Logitech G400 is probably your best bet for $40 US, not sure how much it is in England.

If you need more than 2 side buttons, then I would take a look at the G600. HOWEVER, a million side buttons isn't going to be useful in a game like GW2 where you're constantly on the move in combat, especially PvP. It's near impossible to hold down your right mouse button, move the mouse to rotate the camera and press side buttons all at the same time. Those mice were more intended for raiding than anything else.

Regardless, it doesn't matter anyway. GW2 only has 10 abilities + 3 specials available at any time. It's super easy to find easy keybinds for all of them on a keyboard.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-09-02 at 12:48 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Well the whole idea is that i could focus more on dodging and stuff while using my mouse to use abilities rather then be very awkwardly trying to maneuver my left hand to be doging and using all my abilities (such as my ultimate skill which is on 0) at any one time.

Logitech G600, so far no problems whatsoever with it, I'm loving it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I have a razer naga thats like 3 years old now. Never had a mouse last this long without some sort of problem.

Though apparently logitech is the way to go these days.