Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Am I wrong to miss shadow step as much as I do?

Yes I know having prep is great, yea of course I like the extra CD, yes I love seeing the spike of dps when I hit this bad boy.

Though I can't help but feel a little part of me died when as a sub rogue I can no longer ShS...I mean it's like I've lost a friend...

Anyone else missing something from their char with the new changes?

What's the problem? Why do you miss something that you could have, you're just choosing not to? Don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    What's the problem? Why do you miss something that you could have, you're just choosing not to? Don't understand.
    Because if he chose not to miss ShS, he'd be missing Prep. Not that hard to understand mate.

Deleted
    I took ShS instead of Prep, it's far from not viable.

I don't play a rogue, so I don't know for sure - but isn't Shadow Step still available as a talent ?

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I don't play a rogue, so I don't know for sure - but isn't Shadow Step still available as a talent ?
    Just a rogue being overly sad about not having both Shadowstep and Preparation since apparently Preparation is a must cuz it ups their DPS... Nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    It's kinda similar to having to choose who you love the more, your father or your mother. Sadly your mother was slighty nerfed, your father has changed a bit and your nanny is all shiny and new and very useful in random battlegrounds.

since apparently Preparation is a must cuz it ups their DPS
    In pve, you only REALLY want prep over shadowstep on Ultraxxion- shadowstep is a damage cooldown, remember, because it gets you on to a target. The only fights where you won't want it in pve are where you are already on target all the time. In this tier, you want prep on ultrax and spine, and you can defend it on Morchok and madness- the other fights, you are clearly better off with shadowstep. A new find weakness is around a 30% boost in damage, but being on a target is far better than that if it just saves you a couple seconds of target time over the whole fight.

I think OP is talking about pvp. And no, you aren't wrong. Shadowstep is just such a long cooldown for that effect. I just sort of think it should be baseline with a long cooldown (like 40 sec), and then a talent shrinks the cooldown to something actually good.
    Last edited by Verain; 2012-09-02 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    In pve, you only REALLY want prep over shadowstep on Ultraxxion- shadowstep is a damage cooldown, remember, because it gets you on to a target. The only fights where you won't want it in pve are where you are already on target all the time. In this tier, you want prep on ultrax and spine, and you can defend it on Morchok and madness- the other fights, you are clearly better off with shadowstep. A new find weakness is around a 30% boost in damage, but being on a target is far better than that if it just saves you a couple seconds of target time over the whole fight.

I think OP is talking about pvp. And no, you aren't wrong. Shadowstep is just such a long cooldown for that effect. I just sort of think it should be baseline with a long cooldown (like 40 sec), and then a talent shrinks the cooldown to something actually good.
    Shadowstep all the way on madness. I've used it to shadowstep to the tank to get to the mutated corruption quicker after it spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Just a rogue being overly sad about not having both Shadowstep and Preparation since apparently Preparation is a must cuz it ups their DPS... Nothing more.
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about and it shows, stop being facetious.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Shadowstep all the way on madness. I've used it to shadowstep to the tank to get to the mutated corruption quicker after it spawns.
    Omg you're right, we can use it to get back to the corruption now since it is castable on friendly players. So use to running back cause shadowstepping on the corruption itself kills you.

you are forgetting that they removed the damage component of ShS. that was the big part of using it before + getting behind the target. It's just a targeted blink with a run speed buff now.

I'm a rogue and I took Shadowstep instead of Prep.Not only is it still viable but it also allows you to shadowstep friendly targets now aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    It's kinda similar to having to choose who you love the more, your father or your mother. Sadly your mother was slighty nerfed, your father has changed a bit and your nanny is all shiny and new and very useful in random battlegrounds.
    This quote sums it up 100%. Sub doesn't feel like sub without both prep and ShS

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one that picked burst of speed? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched to BoS for Hagara this last week as our healers tried to figure out what in the bloody ells was happening.

Outside of that... probably, although I've heard some people saying it's good for RBGs? I don't really pvp.

No, it is a difficult decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Am i the only one that picked burst of speed? :S
    lol.
    Best talent for beating the raid back to the boss after a wipe.

On topic: I miss shadowstep too. I feel so slow having to stealth up to every mob/boss... granted theres sprint, but I miss my shadowstep.

Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    you are forgetting that they removed the damage component of ShS. that was the big part of using it before + getting behind the target. It's just a targeted blink with a run speed buff now.
    No one is forgetting that.

Gap closers are inherently damage cooldowns is the part you are missing. Assume you do 50k dps, and prep vanish increased that by 30% during find weakness. That's 15k dps additional for 10 seconds or 150k damage. Now assuming that SAME 50k dps, shadowstep just has to put you on target for three extra seconds over the course of the whole fight in order to tie prep. Hence my statement that it is a damage button that is superior to prep (normally VASTLY superior) on everything that isn't like Patchwerk.

switch your talents around depending on the fight and what you face.