10+ Year Old Account

Halo 4 'loadouts'... now where have I heard that before.

HALO 4 FULL LIST OF LOADOUTS

It seems the loadout list has been leaking from PAX, but all I'm seeing is ANOTHER feature that is known from Call of Duty. This isn't a 'cod vs halo' discussion at all, and I personally love Halo but what people forget is that Halo is loved because it's so simplistic, mechanics wise.

I think with all these added new features it'll ruin the franchise for the original Halo fans pretty quick and take the skill out of map control.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I did call them ruining the series with Bungie out of the picture.
    Bet they are noosing themselves in shame over what they have let happen to such a brilliant franchise.

'COD HAS HEAPS OF 12 YEAR OLDS PLAYING, LET'S NOT DO WHAT EVERYONE LOVED ORIGINAL, LET'S CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT EVEN MORE WORSE THAN WHAT REACH DID, JUST TO APPEAL TO THE COD FANS'.
    Hurhurhur.

Game Dev's logic...
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I'm gonna hold my judgment until I actually play it
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

I don't really like that at all....what happen to the days when all you had to work with was what everyone else had.

I know it adds another level to it all, but still, I liked halo because of the 'jump in and play' style.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    HALO 4 FULL LIST OF LOADOUTS

It seems the loadout list has been leaking from PAX, but all I'm seeing is ANOTHER feature that is known from Call of Duty. This isn't a 'cod vs halo' discussion at all, and I personally love Halo but what people forget is that Halo is loved because it's so simplistic, mechanics wise.

I think with all these added new features it'll ruin the franchise for the original Halo fans pretty quick and take the skill out of map control.

Thoughts?
    How? When you said loadouts, I assumed that the power weapons were included, but there was no sign of them in the post you linked. People are still gonna want to lock down the rocket launchers and sniper rifles and gain map control. If anything this puts a further emphasis on defending points of the map with the Regeneration field, and the auto-turret. I will wait until we see some gameplay to see how it'll play out, but I don't think it's making it too CoD-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Well, I did call them ruining the series with Bungie out of the picture.
    Bet they are noosing themselves in shame over what they have let happen to such a brilliant franchise.

'COD HAS HEAPS OF 12 YEAR OLDS PLAYING, LET'S NOT DO WHAT EVERYONE LOVED ORIGINAL, LET'S CHANGE IT AND MAKE IT EVEN MORE WORSE THAN WHAT REACH DID, JUST TO APPEAL TO THE COD FANS'.
    Hurhurhur.

Game Dev's logic...
    Im sorry but after halo 2 Bungie just went down a road of ruining, Halo 3 was worse then odst then reach.

I'm not too crazy about the loadout system in Halo 4, mostly because I despise anything like CoD, but it still looks more interesting and creative than CoD, and I'm looking forward to playing a Masterchief centered story mode again

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly will only be playing for the story. My online experience went out the window once Halo 3 was modified and had a ranking system for EVERY gametype. It made my 50 seem less impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im sorry but after halo 2 Bungie just went down a road of ruining, Halo 3 was worse then odst then reach.
    I agree. The changes that were made with Halo 3 killed the game for me. It has been downhill since then. I have still bought every halo and will buy this one. I just dont expect much out of the multiplayer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I honestly will only be playing for the story. My online experience went out the window once Halo 3 was modified and had a ranking system for EVERY gametype. It made my 50 seem less impressive.
    Im sorry but from the begining the ranking in halo 3 blew, i was able to grind to 45 in about 2 days of playing, only stopped due to 45 rank looks wayyyyy better than 50.