Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral BananaInsane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Posts
    1,139

    Rate the character name of the person above you!

    Hi. So this game is pretty easy, you just type in the character name of your favourite or whatever and then you let the person below you rate it by the scale of 0-10. Also tell what race, gender and profession you are so we can more accurately tell how well it fits.

    No one is above me so I will just start by telling mine.

    Male Sylvari Guardian - Elye Faron.

  2. #2
    Elye Faron. It sounds rather unique, and it fits a Sylvari, I think. I still think Sylvari Guardian is pretty weird though, but apart from that, I would give you a 8/10

    Noble Human Male Guardian - Godric Holt

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Noble Human Male Guardian - Godric Holt
    Godric is a good human name. Medieval-sounding, yet familiar enough that it doesn't alienate. Holt sounds okay, and fits a Guardian. Partially because it would sound great with "captain" in front of it, and because it reminds me of "Hold", which could refer to "Hold the Line!".
    Solid name, easy to remember, fits the profession and the race. 8/10

    Mine: Human Male Guardian: Mathias Zaman
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Godric is a good human name. Medieval-sounding, yet familiar enough that it doesn't alienate. Holt sounds okay, and fits a Guardian. Partially because it would sound great with "captain" in front of it, and because it reminds me of "Hold", which could refer to "Hold the Line!".
    Solid name, easy to remember, fits the profession and the race. 8/10

    Mine: Human Male Guardian: Mathias Zaman
    8/10 guardian with a saint's name i like
    and another +1 just because your profile picture shows up when googling that name and switching to image :P


    mine's: human female mesmer: Sundreamer - just because i go with that name in every game :P

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    8/10 guardian with a saint's name i like
    and another +1 just because your profile picture shows up when googling that name and switching to image :P


    mine's: human female mesmer: Sundreamer - just because i go with that name in every game :P
    4/10. Nothing that great imo anyway, sorry.

    Mine: female human ele - Lady Arctic
    Last edited by Vsml; 2012-09-02 at 01:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsml View Post
    4/10. Nothing that great imo anyway, sorry.

    Mine: female human ele - Lady Arctic
    5/10. Apologies, but it's a somewhat standardish name.

    Agile Emily - Human Thief
    Johanna Vavasour - Sylvari Mesmer

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    8/10 guardian with a saint's name I like
    And another +1 just because your profile picture shows up when googling that name and switching to image :P
    It probably helps that it's my actual name.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    5/10. Apologies, but it's a somewhat standardish name.

    Agile Emily - Human Thief
    Johanna Vavasour - Sylvari Mesmer
    I'd give 7/10 for both of them. Agile Emily doesn't even have a last name, though I know it's your forum name here....:P

    I like your Mesmer's name, though!

    Asura Warrior (Female): Pikachu McMuffins!

    toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

  9. #9
    Agile Emily - Human Thief
    Johanna Vavasour - Sylvari Mesmer

    6/10 - i personally just dont like the "agile" adjective as the actual part of the name... thats just me!
    8/10 - Good name, does not sound very sylvari but fits the Mesmer aspect it think...

    POSTED the same time as Willowe so i edited his character in too!

    3/10 - sorry for low score Willowe, I swear im not a big RP guy, but i just dont like names that are silly or are taken from other sources of media, just my personal taste!


    Thorjin - Norn Ranger, Thorjin is a viking name and is pronounced Thor-E-N or Thor-Ian...
    Last edited by Lord Wokoom; 2012-09-02 at 02:48 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wokoom View Post
    Thorjin - Norn Ranger, Thorjin is a viking name and is pronounced Thor-E-N or Thor-Ian...
    9/10 - Awesomesauce, I love culturally relavent pronunciations like that. It fits a Norn like a glove.
    The tenth point would have been for an equally suitable surname.

    Female Charr Engineer - Sereth Emberkiln

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BradersVal View Post
    9/10 - Awesomesauce, I love culturally relavent pronunciations like that. It fits a Norn like a glove.
    The tenth point would have been for an equally suitable surname.

    Female Charr Engineer - Sereth Emberkiln
    6/10 - It's quite original, but doesn't fit Charr, in my opinion, also it sounds like a Male name to me.

    Mine is:

    Espera Deus - Female Human Mesmer

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    6/10 - It's quite original, but doesn't fit Charr, in my opinion, also it sounds like a Male name to me.

    Mine is:

    Espera Deus - Female Human Mesmer
    7/10 - I like it fits a female Memser quite well IMO.

    Mine is:

    Spakker Almighty - Male Charr Engineer

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolderhorn View Post
    7/10 - I like it fits a female Memser quite well IMO.

    Mine is:

    Spakker Almighty - Male Charr Engineer
    8/10 - i think it fits your race/prof well.

    female sylvari thief named: Camellia Bloodthorn

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethiroth View Post
    8/10 - i think it fits your race/prof well.

    female sylvari thief named: Camellia Bloodthorn
    7/10, i dont really like Camellia but love her ''familly'' name!

    Female sylvari Engineer named: Flore Angeli
    Future pandaren Monk <3

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminelle View Post
    7/10, i dont really like Camellia but love her ''familly'' name!

    Female sylvari Engineer named: Flore Angeli

    7/10 , being kind, never really liked calling sylvair by flower type names, its like calling char kitty cat.

    Sylvari mesmer: Xihuitl

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Go USA!
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethiroth View Post
    8/10 - i think it fits your race/prof well.

    female sylvari thief named: Camellia Bloodthorn
    I give it a 10/10, its the name of a plant, and I like bloodthorn as a thorn is another part of a plant, and its bloody meaning you killed someone.

    since i was slow let me add this one in
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    7/10 , being kind, never really liked calling sylvair by flower type names, its like calling char kitty cat.

    Sylvari mesmer: Xihuitl
    Well, since I cant even try to pronounce it, I don't know where to begin. 5/10


    Im going to list my top 3 names that i will be using.

    Norn Male - Norn the Great
    Sylvari Female - Lillyput
    Charr - Cattle Russler
    Last edited by Norn; 2012-09-02 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Chickensoup23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    egypt
    Posts
    1,193
    Warrior.

    Juan Shot

    EDIT: ^ Norn the Great sounds kinda unoriginal, tho I like Cattle Russler. Makes me giggle.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2012-09-02 at 05:15 PM.

  18. #18
    Human Sylvari Engineer - Billnye the Leafguy

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Zombina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    Human Sylvari Engineer - Billnye the Leafguy
    You are human and sylvari? :9
    7.5/10 for multiculturalism

    Rosezephyr/Noirezephyr/Azurezephyr [mesmer/necro/guardian] - all human, are my names

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,254
    6/10, not really anything special.

    Edgar Norrhart - Norn Warrior
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •