Thread: Reserved Names

Reserved Names

Hello folks
    First time poster/long time lurker yadda yadda yadda

So, 2 word names were reserved by logging in to gw1. That is fine and dandy, but does anyone know when they remove the unused names from reserve? I have been looking for an answer to this, but the best that I can see is that they were suppose to be released after launch day? I wanted to create an alt, and have a name in mind but it's still listed as reserved. Anyone knows any info on when these unused names will become available?

Regards

Deleted
    I think they said a week after release. No source, though.

Kinda along the same lines: Are names unique to the entire game? Or to a specific server?

the name reservation only lasted for the launch day after that every reserved name that wasnt picked was made available to everyone

and yes names are unique to the whole game
    Bookah bow before your Asura Overlord!

Quote Originally Posted by FYI Im A Pizza View Post
    the name reservation only lasted for the launch day after that every reserved name that wasnt picked was made available to everyone
    Not to say you are wrong, however, I have tried names that gave me the error "already in use". This name I have my eye on gives me the "name is reserved" type error. That would seem to me that the name is not currently in use, if said person created a toon in gw2 with the name then in theory it should show up as "name is in use". Least that would be my logic (which could be wrong, but seems plausible)