Gotta try WvWvW(Story)

I tread through this freshly created swamp intent on breaking the stalemate my previous comrades couldn't. This land was a fertile plain, before the war with Redlake started. Now in this freshly created swamp of blood and sweat I can barely keep the ground from swallowing up my boots with each step forward. Hopefully the wildlife keeps at bay.
    The scent in the air has driven normally timid beasts mad for a taste of charr blood and sylvari life nectar. Coyotes have grown so bold as to attack battalions of armed soldiers alone. Most of our scouts have been found dead, not from the hands of our enemies, but from the raptors they can’t outrun. Soon battle will be joined, and animals will be the least of my worries.
    For three days the fighting has continued for control of the island between BlueBriar and Redlake. Our last charge has won the island for now. Dominion over the island has allowed time to gather supplies, and build the siege we need to beat down those blasted walls of Redlakes fort. The trebuchets are near complete, and the Rams are ready to roll. Once the reinforcements arrive from the borders we will march.
    I saw the great fiery comet arching through the night sky. Its beauty held me in thrall. I could only watch as it smashed into a group of sleeping Norn. When I heard the screams my mind didn’t comprehend how anyone could have survived that blast. Then I realized the screams weren’t of dying men. I saw them emerge from the lake to the north. Those damn bastards from Redlake had swum through deamonlake in the middle of the night. Our entire defense was focused on the bridge. They knew we would focus our power to the choke point. No longer will this fight be for Redlake. This fight will be my only glory. The end of my story. I then saw on the ramparts of Redlake faraway another boulder covered in oil lit a fire as the trebuchet began its uncoiling to fire. The battle was a blur. At some point my fireball had turned a sylvari into nothing more than a pile of hot coals, but we were outnumbered and falling back. They had taken control of our own siege on the island. It’s sort of ironic how many men built the very machines that would kill them.
    I heard it before I saw it. A beast charging down on me to my left. Running on all four legs as fast as a centaur. Before I could freeze him in place I was tackled and pinned. It was the largest charr I had ever laid eyes upon. I had a teleportation spell on my lips, but I never felt the prick of his fangs as they sank deep into my neck, and vocal cords. No more spells could I cast. He knew the wound was my end, and left me there as his horde charge over my helpless body striking down my comrades. The last thing I saw was another gorgeous comet streaking towards me from its home world of Redlake fort. At least I got to see one last fireball.

The ramparts were covered in snow and ice. The catapults had been at work for hours now. It wouldn’t be long before the walls of Cragstop would come crumbling down. We had already swung around and cut off supplies from Foghaven. Those inside Cragstop knew the end was near. Once we had control of the mountains at Cragstop we could commence trebuchet bombardment of Shadaran Keep.
    Word had reached us now of the massacre at BlueBriar. The stalemate at Redlake had been wearing both sides thin for weeks now. A battalion from the Garrison had swam the length of the lake to launch a surprise offensive to break the stalemate. Unfortunately for us it worked. Unfortunately for them our assault on the Garrison began that night. They had left themselves undermanned for control of the strongest Fort this side of the hemisphere. When the gates fell I was one of the first through. I cut through so many foes I had to sharpen my blade while we assaulted the inner gates. Inside they pleaded for surrender and mercy. After hearing what happened at BlueBriar I’m glad we ignored their pleas. If only the same men at Cragstop were guarding the Garrison they might still be in control of that fort.
    These defenders at Cragstop manage to turn back our assaults each time. Long ago they had run out of arrows for their arrow carts that bleed half our force. Finally our Ballista landed a blow to the hinge on the Oil Pot bringing it down. Too bad for the men at the Ram below though as the Pot had just been freshly filled with boiling oil. The cannons still fired, but it was only a matter of time till they had no more gunpowder. It will cost us dearly to take this tower, but at least the men inside should offer some sort of challenge. I slaughtered Asura children that fought back harder than the defenders at the Garrison.
    Hopefully we win this tower soon. We need to reinforce the south to stop their push up the west, or they’ll be walking through the holes we put in the garrison unimpeded. Thankfully the supplies we won from Foghaven are being sent to the Garrison to bolster its defense and reinforce the walls. They will need time though. Those blasted elementalist inside Cragstop keep bringing down storms of fire, and lightning on the rams. When these gates fall I shall show them a storm of swords. When these gates fall we shall own the east. When these gates fall I shall show them a Blood Craze. When these gates fall…………

Edit: Sorry for blocks of words. Doesn't copy over from word properly and indents from MMO don't seem to work.
    Last edited by LuckyBucky; 2012-09-02 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved WvW in the beta events but it had a lot of running at times. I'll be doing WvW again but I'm just having too much fun with PvE right now. Once I get my fill of PvE, I'll start doing WvW again.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

WvWvW ? is that the one where you follow the ox for 24/7 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    WvWvW ? is that the one where you follow the ox for 24/7 ?
    Yep, its also the one where you run half way across the map, round a corner, and run into five hundred reds.
    Then get chased by at least a hundred of them half way back.

If you don't get instadeath from hundreds of reds thinking "FOOD" at the same time, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I loved WvW in the beta events but it had a lot of running at times. I'll be doing WvW again but I'm just having too much fun with PvE right now. Once I get my fill of PvE, I'll start doing WvW again.
    I tried it once, was decent and I think I'd enjoy it, but there was only one waypoint to rez at (all the way in the back) that I could see? Was quite a bit more running than fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I tried it once, was decent and I think I'd enjoy it, but there was only one waypoint to rez at (all the way in the back) that I could see? Was quite a bit more running than fighting.
    This should improve if people actually start upgrading the keeps.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    This should improve if people actually start upgrading the keeps.
    And what you need to upgrade? Karma? Forget it, we are saving for uber armors / weapons pve& pvp. Gold? Forget it, we are saving for mats aka legendaries (weapon + armor).
    Shortly: who gives a damn? WvW is just a childish zergfest, you just need to run and find a large group, larger = better zerg. Next year, maybe, we will have extras to waste for a couple upgrade. Maybe.
    Ask upgrades to the leader (who is so fond to waste 10g for a title noone will give a damn to care) and his guild, so deep in love for wvw zergfest
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-02 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    And what you need to upgrade? Karma? Forget it, we are saving for uber armors / weapons pve& pvp. Gold? Forget it, we are saving for mats aka legendaries (weapon + armor).
    I dislike that it's gold, but Karma would be fine. You get Karma pretty quick and in WvWvW.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I dislike that it's gold, but Karma would be fine. You get Karma pretty quick and in WvWvW.
    Open PvP is usually about gathering and harnessing the "zerg." It will, as always, come down to organization, and the better organized ones will move up the ladder while the less organized ones, well, don't. Ugh, completely forgot about Karma. I should have started farming WvW sooner. I might be able to actually afford those freaking, thank you sploiters, 9,500 karma tier one weapons if I had.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's gonna take a bit for the REAL WvWvW to start, as the lack of karma/gold in the game right now, just means there's less of everything. I mean, heck, a squad costs 100g to make.

Deleted
    i love this mode it is amazing. me and my pal make guild wars videos for just this very thing check out SkywalkGames

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskulap View Post
    Yeah, it's gonna take a bit for the REAL WvWvW to start, as the lack of karma/gold in the game right now, just means there's less of everything. I mean, heck, a squad costs 100g to make.
    Oh yeah, we're still in the the first week or so. Give it a month or two for the transients to migrate back to wherever they came from, Arena Net to iron out the biggest issues, and then we'll see WvW start to shine.

Deleted
    I understand that people can upgrade the keeps, but I can't see this happening for a looong time, too many cool skins people will want, and with it being a community effort, most will rationalize to themselves that others can pick up the slack on upgrading the communal keeps while they themselves grab the cool weapons.

Longterm, it's a possible fix yeah, but this is right now and it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I understand that people can upgrade the keeps, but I can't see this happening for a looong time, too many cool skins people will want, and with it being a community effort, most will rationalize to themselves that others can pick up the slack on upgrading the communal keeps while they themselves grab the cool weapons.

Longterm, it's a possible fix yeah, but this is right now and it sucks
    Good thing then that there are WvW guilds and alliances that are focused on doing just that.