Thread: WoW on Mac OS X

WoW on Mac OS X

So I'm on an old macbook with OS X. Downloaded the WoW client and it says that this system is not supported anymore.

Anyone knows a way around this?

(I'm a WoW addict, and can't wait until tomorrow to play (when I get back home to my PC) )

P.S. I think there is no way around this, but as I said, I'm an addict and hoping for some kind of miracle solution

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadrol View Post
    (I'm a WoW addict, and can't wait until tomorrow to play (when I get back home to my PC) )

P.S. I think there is no way around this, but as I said, I'm an addict and hoping for some kind of miracle solution
    WoW no longer supports old versions of Mac OS X.

You can spend $20 and upgrade to Mac OS X 10.8 from the app store (you should have at least 10.6 on there now which means you can install the app store and buy it). There's not really much else you can do if you want to play in Mac OS X.

Your second option is to find your Windows install DVD/serial number and use bootcamp to install it on your Mac.

Currently running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and it is working fine. What version are you running at the moment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Currently running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and it is working fine. What version are you running at the moment?
    Im on 10.6.8 aswell. But, I must warn you; You mention an old macbook. (like mine). If it's one with a GMA gfx chip, it will still not run WoW properly at the moment. Furthermore; the old macbooks with GMA3100 or 950 aren't supported.

Also many people report serious overheating on virtually all Macs since this patch, with processor usages of 100-200% even on newer models. In the login screen.

So, if you upgrade, and it still won't work. I warned you

I'm gonna pray for an update that will fix the graphics for the older MBs but I'm not counting on it to be honest...

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare

I've noticed my iMac getting very hot. I literally just finished taking it apart and cleaning all the dust out. I've set my fans inside to 1500 RPM to help keep it cooler.

I recall PowerPC also got un-supported, not sure if that affects you.

Running with Mac OS X 10.5.8 I think

I'm at my friends' house and using his macbook. (without him knowing )

Maybe it is too much of a hassle to try this, thinking of the overheating issues you mention.

Thanks for the answers