Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Dps nerf? patch 5.0.4

I checked dps on my rogue (in combat and subtlety build) and noticed that my dps is about 35% less than before the patch. Only rogue got nerg or all of the classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    More we were adjusted. Start using rupture again in combat, and keep your focus on auto-attack, poison, KS/AR. Damage should be down, but not nearly that much. Subtlety should have remained about the same (don't recup, update your evis instead), and assassination (from my experience) is up around 20-25% on single target.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-09-02 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall getting nerfed.... If anything, I have been buffed.... Don't know why, but I take it that you are using the boss dummies with the skull right? I have no idea, but my guess would be that those are for level 90. And with the expertise cap at around 2k+ (2500 I think it was or something), you miss a hell of a lot of your attacks right? I don't get more than 40k dps on those with assassination, but I do tons more of dps when doing normal raiding, heroics and LFR. You should do the same before worrying about whether or not you have been nerfed. And have you noticed the spell changes and read up on the new rotations before measuring your dps? There are shit tons of changes that came with the new patch and I suggest you read up before asking on the forums if we have been nerfed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciepa View Post
    combat and subtlety build
    There's your problem. Anyone who isn't playing Mut right now is doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciepa View Post
    I checked dps on my rogue (in combat and subtlety build) and noticed that my dps is about 35% less than before the patch. Only rogue got nerg or all of the classes?
    There's always a top spec. Assassination is pulling ahead at the moment.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I think Isoge hit the nail on the head.

OP, were you testing on a Raid Dummy? Cause they are technically level 93 now, not 88.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues were not nerfed at all.

It used to be combat which was ahead. Now because of the Daggers proccing like mad, It is Assassination.

My DPS is insane at the moment after switching to assassination. I did 61k on H Ultraxion 10 this week without an optimal setup and after having not played assassination in years and spending maybe 20 minutes to learn the spec and go over the rotation. I'd be surprised if I don't do a good bit more next week. I never came close to doing 60k+ previously.

ya... its all about assassination atm, did 100k on zonozz.... shits so nice 68K on ultra

Yeah Muti has pulled way ahead now, the proc rates are one culprit but I think it's more than that (Combat's procs have tripled too). The biggest buff is in target swapping, my god is it good to be able to perform simple mechanics without flushing your DPS down the toilet!

Well I can say dispatch has helped Assassination also with the less hit rating and exp needed, you can pick up a lot more haste

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Well I can say dispatch has helped Assassination also with the less hit rating and exp needed, you can pick up a lot more haste
    whut? explain plz
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ducckk View Post
    Pretty sure if you don't have legendaries, sub would be ahead and maybe combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galufio View Post
    whut? explain plz
    Dispatch

Dispatch ~A vicious strike that exploits the vulnerability of foes with less than 35% health remaining, causing 400% weapon damage plus 486 (+ 100% of SpellPower) to the target. Requires a dagger in the main hand. Awards 1 combo point. Which can be used in front of the boss as well... So say hello to execute phase on ultra.....

Spell Hit for assass is 15% now
    Hit cap is 7.5%
    exp is 7.5%

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination doesn't use spell hit, nor does any other rogue. Spell hit is 15%, yes, but poisons are on the hit table, so you're capped at the 7.5% hit regardless of your expertise. That said I'm pretty sure* that capping expertise still confers a large DPS increase (particularly with the legendaries).

*I'd have to check

The dispatch improvement both to rotation before 35% (more often getting to 5 CP for rupture without wasting CP, and the ability to use it at all on Ultraxion are both beautiful). I'd also say that the target swapping for everyone but subtlety is vastly improved and I love it.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-09-03 at 06:20 AM.

Deleted
    I do nit think we are getting nerfed. Yesterday I performed 45k kill on Ragnaros hc even when I have been designated to clear Dreadflame <3 BoS) and when I made 80k+ in burst that made me shout over Mumble “Did you see that shit?“.
    But I am scepticl about lvl 90 when I have seen Nik‘s stream he have been outperformed by hunters, rets and any caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducckk View Post
    Not at all. COmbat and Sub dps are perfectly fine, assassination is over the top only due to ultrafast legendary dagger stacks.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I agree with coldkill. I seem substantially above my guildies on damage running mutilate, beyond the normal "pure melee edge". It's likely overtuned in the gear we are wearing- or maybe just overtuned period.

Blindside seems very strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Dispatch

Dispatch ~A vicious strike that exploits the vulnerability of foes with less than 35% health remaining, causing 400% weapon damage plus 486 (+ 100% of SpellPower) to the target. Requires a dagger in the main hand. Awards 1 combo point. Which can be used in front of the boss as well... So say hello to execute phase on ultra.....

Spell Hit for assass is 15% now
    Hit cap is 7.5%
    exp is 7.5%
    explain why we need spell hit again?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    explain why we need spell hit again?
    We don't. Nothing rogues have is on the spell hit table anymore.