Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't get the "he was clearly crazy anyway" thing. I'm not sure how someone having mental issues excuses egging them on.

Deleted
    The danger is not watching foxnews, or reading the huffington post. The danger is not being a liberal or a conservative.

The danger is belief. Having an idea in your mind which you think it's true without evidence. That's the real danger. Because people grow fond of their beliefs, and will do anything to have them validated and not disproved.

Belief is the enemy of the humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is really the point that I was getting at. The news is geared towards ratings, and alarming content is going to grab people's attention. It's not Fox that's to blame, at least not as the sole offender in this situation.

The news should be about presenting facts. I've stated this in the Official Republican Nominee thread: claiming that a candidate is going to kill you, kill someone you know, turn the country into a communist dictatorship/corporate christian theocracy, or otherwise ruin the nation, all based on absolutely no credible evidence, should be charged with defamation. It only serves to threaten the balance of the country when you lie to the electorate in such a grandiose fashion.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-09-03 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Broke up paragraph.

10+ Year Old Account
    domestic battery, aggravated assault and criminal mischief
    Am I missing something or uh, where's the "attempted murder" charge?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Sounds like what is happening in Romania atm. After a failed impeach attempt, even though the people voted in a 90% percentage to impeach the current president, the referendum was nullified by the president's servants in the justice system who added a last minute change to the referendum that it requires at least 50% of the population to vote, and it was 46% actually showing up.

Now, on all newspaper forums and media, the pro-president faction (a bunch of morons, imo) and the anti-president faction are at eachother's throats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Next thing you know they'll find out he played WoW. =\
    Hah thats always seems to be the case with crazy pearsons xD

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, the title made me chuckle.

For people concerned that this is a matter of political spectrum:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ticle-1.176034
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Wells commented on this earlier, and I'm inclined to agree with him that the vitriol between parties needs to be toned down. I see people who watch the news on a regular basis that end up hating the other side, since they're constantly told how evil they are.
    The tool of keeping people in fear is not exclusive to the government but yes it is pretty obvious that the polarization between the two parties has gone to a point where it does way more harm than good and I'm not speaking about the topic at hand but politics.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    A Florida man "obsessed with Fox News and the Republican party" felt that his girlfriend was too "liberal" -- so he decided he had to kill her.
    Divisive politics finally yielding dividends for America?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do American's care so much about politics? :/
    We've got a ginger ninja who everyone "hates", doesn't mean her supporters are going to kill someone because they support the opposition big-eared buffoon. I think I know one person who actually cares about politics :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by booh1992 View Post
    We've got a ginger ninja who everyone "hates", doesn't mean her supporters are going to kill someone because they support the opposition big-eared buffoon. I think I know one person who actually cares about politics :|
    I think all of our countries have potential nutcases like this even thought we might not have the same hostile political climate and that is probably why we haven't seen it yet.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is just insane. Literally insane. Humanity these days is just so.....bleh. It makes me disappointed.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by booh1992 View Post
    Personally, I don't care about politics, political programs etc etc. What I do care about, and quite a lot, is being taken for a ride, ignored, insulted, being treated like a worm, by politicians. This happens a lot in my country. You start seeing certain companies, friendly to the party in power, receiving public contracts over independent companies. The costs of these contracts being bloated beyond reason. Parks, swimming pools being built in areas where they don't make any sense, like a park in a forest. State hospitals in the countryside being closed down because they aren't profitable inspite of this screwing over a lot of people who live there and who can't move 100 kms to the nearest city, and since when must the government make a profit ?!? Protesters against the regime being called worms in public by members of the party in power. Pensions, already small, being reduced, lots of police officers being laid off inspite of not being enough of them anyway.

That's what I care about.

Deleted
    I think this clearly shows that the battle between the parties in the USA has gone too far. yes, that guy is unstable, but you do hear people from both sides claiming nasty things about one another, threatning eachother etc. And what do you expect? The fanatics supporting both sides start to act at some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this was unfortunate. In all honesty I don't think it matters that he was Republican because we was unbalanced to begin with. He could have easily been a Democrat and been just as serious about ending his Republican gf. In other words his political affiliation is irrelevant because he is insane. The media picks up any horror story it can find because they understand death, chaos, and controversy sells. I wish both sides would stop pointing at people like this and going, "See? SEE? You guys are NUTS". I hate our media (both sides).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... why was he naked when he showed up to this friend's house? What the...

Damn it Fox News, stop brainwashing people.

So its because he was a republican just like every korean gamer who dies in a gaming cafe from lack of food and excercise its the games fault.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    You have a different opinion than mine so you deserve to DIE!
    Isnt that just Human nature?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Well this was unfortunate. In all honesty I don't think it matters that he was Republican because we was unbalanced to begin with. He could have easily been a Democrat and been just as serious about ending his Republican gf. In other words his political affiliation is irrelevant because he is insane. The media picks up any horror story it can find because they understand death, chaos, and controversy sells. I wish both sides would stop pointing at people like this and going, "See? SEE? You guys are NUTS". I hate our media (both sides).
    The manner in which the politics have evolved to is the biggest problem in my view.
    An election year it is only about one thing, 10 months of smearing campaigns aimed to paint the other party (goes both ways) as the spawn of satan.
    Romney and Obama are fairly reasoning simply cos they cant afford not to, but one step down the ladder, their campaign staff, from there on and downwards it is only about quazi-hate. This would also be impossible without being sanctioned by them both.

Regular people on both sides are convinced that the other party will lead to ruin at best. When looking at it from an outside perspective it is frightening that so little effort is spent on debating politics and so much on inspiring fear and hatred towards the opponent.
    I mean how is it in any shape or form healthy to have it like this.

Deleted
    Well, he could... I don't know,... broke up with her, instead?