Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb so the new Dwarf models are likely done...

"Updating character models is a priority and something that the artists are still working on. They were working on Dwarves and are now working on Humans and Orcs. If Humans and Orcs are done successfully, they feel that they can do all of the races."

think blizz will give us a sneak peak of what they've done so far?

i have a feeling they will be AMAZING
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

What do you mean by "AMAZING"? The style of the character's isn't going to change, just the details. And most of that's through facial animation, which isn't really noticeable outside of cutscenes.

I'm not saying it won't be an improvement.. lord knows, the vanilla toons especially need it, but it won't be anything earth-shattering.
    Last edited by Deipfryde; 2012-09-03 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    "Updating character models is a priority and something that the artists are still working on. They were working on Dwarves and are now working on Humans and Orcs. If Humans and Orcs are done successfully, they feel that they can do all of the races."

think blizz will give us a sneak peak of what they've done so far?

i have a feeling they will be AMAZING
    I am so glad we could get them in Mist of Pandaria patches because I was planning on making a Dwarf Monk and this just makes me even more excited!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really looking forward to seeing the new models. I want to make a dwarf female and I'm not too happy with the faces at the moment.

Where is this quote from? Is it recent?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder are we going to get all the models at once or in bits? Since if the dwars are done does this mean they are going to do humans/orcs + 1 other horde race for 5.1 or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    They really need to fix male human running animation. They look retarded.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It means dwarf is at least done from a "let's build the model" standpoint. Animations may be a WIP yet, though.

If it's true they are considering a gradual rollout, I'd look toward T15's patch as having Dwarf, Human, and Orc in it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    There was a bluepost up towards the beginning of the MoP beta. I can't seem to find it. ><

They aren't changing the models much, they are just making them look less pixelated and boxy.
    My human's tiny ankle and Belf's sixth finger (all as Monk) say they're going to be doing to be redoing the animations as well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Folks, don't get too excited. Someone speculated that the reason they said they were working on dwarves, was because they might have stopped and moved on to do orcs and humans first.

Also, one of their quotes said specifically that we MIGHT see new models in MoP. But then again, we might not. I'll try to find the quote, although I suck at quote hunting. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    I am really looking forward to seeing the new models. I want to make a dwarf female and I'm not too happy with the faces at the moment.

Where is this quote from? Is it recent?
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I wonder are we going to get all the models at once or in bits? Since if the dwars are done does this mean they are going to do humans/orcs + 1 other horde race for 5.1 or something?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Posts-TCG-Art

Posted yesturday. Look under the interview section.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    They really need to fix male human running animation. They look retarded.
    They need to change almost everything about the male humans imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    They need to change almost everything about the male humans imo.
    Except the jokes. I still love those.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Are they only going to improve vanilla races or bloodelfs/draenei as well?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I really really hope that is the case. I am still looking for that Blue post though I can't seem to find it. Honestly though, if they don't do a near complete remodel across the board, including animations, I don't see the point in them really doing it at all. The old models, when compared to Goblins and Pandas just look terrible across the board. Yeah I didn't mention worgen, I personally think they look absolutely terrible.

I am really hoping they go all out on redoing the models.
    And I just posted the glaring Monk problems. We also have such problems as the Human Male bathroom run.

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Are they only going to improve vanilla races or bloodelfs/draenei as well?
    Back at Blizzcon they said they wanted to do BElf and Draenei as well, but not Gob/Worg.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

For some reason, I have this feeling that we wont see the new models in MoP.

They said they weren't sure if they would be out in MoP (or just some of them), and when Blizzard says something like that... errr, it feels like when they say "soon™" it takes ages.

I'm just curious as to why they chose Dwarves... out of all the races... to be the first ones to work on. Especially since they keep harping on about "Orcs and Humans" being the core of the game and all...

...makes me kinda wonder (hope!) that the next expansion has something Titan-related and a new Dwarf model was needed for some new kind of special Earthen.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Except the jokes. I still love those.
    Actually I'm betting they at LEAST change the Lord of the Rings joke as it was really worked more around the time of those movies when they made that... especially now since they can update it with a Hobbit parody joke instead! :P

Kinda like the Forsaken joke about wearing "oderant"... the primary joke of that is that it's a line directly lifted from the movie Monster's Inc... a decidedly dated joke to be sure. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm just curious as to why they chose Dwarves... out of all the races... to be the first ones to work on. Especially since they keep harping on about "Orcs and Humans" being the core of the game and all...

I'm going to take a few guesses here and say it's likely either because they just totally chose Dwarf at random, or because they felt Dwarf was one of the worst models in the game and that they should redo it first.

Fingers, wrists, toes, ankles, body textures, zig-zag skin line on Forsaken, mane texture on Tauren, etc. Doubt they'll do a overhall on all the slouching going on. However, I would love an orc that can stand up straight. Sigh.

I really think that no matter what it comes out to be, the revamped models/ skins for playable races will be great.

But at the same time I am not optimistic about the community's response to it. I'm sure most of us know how resistant to change the player base--or indeed the human specie in general--is. I foresee an excessive lot of complaints over the slightest non-game-breaking details of the revamped races that really aren't warranted. Now almost everyone's complaining about outdated models. When they show us the redone stuff, almost everyone and their dog's going to be whining about how they don't like the change.

I pity Blizzard.
    Last edited by Syio; 2012-09-03 at 05:02 AM.

Maybe one of these days they will get around to fixing undeads carrot/buggle chip finger tips, their spine showing through everything or the fact they are falling apart in the same parts of the body. An option to pick how your toon has decomposed or not would be nice, never being able to see most of you gear gets old after a few years.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

...and nevermind people who are going to cry facton imbalance.

I mean... I can already imagine what a Orc revamp will look like, particularly if they add new animation. How much will a human model get revamped compared to the orc? Worse... how much CAN you do with a human model? >_<