Will Rare Battle Pets become more common?

Since battling pets will amost be a secondary profession I thought I'd post here. I recently saw the list of rare battle pets for MoP's pokewow. Several include Captured Firefly, Hyacinth Macaw, and many Whelplings. All of which have an extremely low drop rate. I was wondering if these rates will increase in MoP in order to meet the demand that will occur due to the players wanting to battle.
    Last edited by darkwing1232; 2012-09-03 at 02:03 AM.

imo those identified rare battle pets drop rates will not increase that is why they are rare due to the randomness or effort required to farm them, however there was a post that there would be other rare battle pets to catch in the wild in MOP. So I believe the selection of rare battle pets will be larger (i.e. new battle pets that are not released until MOP)

Deleted
    The tol'barad fox kit is now purchase able for so many marks from the vendor
    that was a 1% drop rate which is now obtainable simply within a months daily routine
    I don't remember seeing any complaining about its rarity but it might be possible other farmable ones might get changes

tol barad fox kit is also BOP whereas all the whelplings, hatchlings, the disgusting oozeling and argent dawn pets are all BOE.
    I certainly hope they don't just make them easy to get.

I have been curious whether to hold onto my boe pets until MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    afked in front of the Eng AH in New Dalaran
    I'd say hold on to BoE pets until MoP comes out and pet battles go live then unload them all when demand spikes as new people get into pet collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Carathen View Post
    I'd say hold on to BoE pets until MoP comes out and pet battles go live then unload them all when demand spikes as new people get into pet collecting.
    If the pet is BoE, you can always re-cage and sell it come MoP. I think even some BoP pets will be tradeable as well, as I've noticed they have the option to be caged.