Rupture question

So i have never had a rogue to 85, but i was curious, Is rupture and affective tool in pvping (sub)? Not sure if this should be in this forum or the pvp one, but most people in the pvp forums are asses lol, so I thought i would ask here. I am at lvl 60 now and it seems useless to use CP's on that when i can use it for something more bursty. But, i have seen some rogues using it, so just a question i wanted to ask ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Rupture does quite a bit of damage, more then Eviscerate. Thats about it. Do it on a healer or something that isnt dieing in a global.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Sub: Due to Sanguinary Vein (20% extra damage if Rupture is applied) Rupture needs to be on your target for you to deal any proper damage.
    Assassination: Energy gain is tied to the presence of Rupture.
    Combat: Only spec that has no "real" use for it in PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Sub: Due to Sanguinary Vein (20% extra damage if Rupture is applied) Rupture needs to be on your target for you to deal any proper damage.
    Assassination: Energy gain is tied to the presence of Rupture.
    Combat: Only spec that has no "real" use for it in PVP.
    Wait until they make it so only rupture ticks push BG, so all three specs can use exactly the same skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Wait until they make it so only rupture ticks push BG, so all three specs can use exactly the same skills.
    I'm just waiting for Envenom to be replaced by Eviscerate as well. The day will come, I'm calling it now!
    And no, BG will stay as it is. They'll just combine RvS with Rupture. RvS can't stay, we need to remove any kind of uniqueness.

Deleted
    I'm just waiting for Envenom to be replaced by Eviscerate as well. The day will come, I'm calling it now!
    And no, BG will stay as it is. They'll just combine RvS with Rupture. RvS can't stay, we need to remove any kind of uniqueness.
    And then we can just give blade flurry to all the specs. And merge adrenaline rush, shadow dance and vendetta, call it Vengeful Dancing Rush and make it a class skill.

Deleted
    And then we can just give blade flurry to all the specs. And merge adrenaline rush, shadow dance and vendetta, call it Vengeful Dancing Rush and make it a class skill.
    No, no...! That's totally out of the question!
    The Dance of Death thing is nice, we need ONE cooldown for all specs. Might as well keep things simple.
    As for Blade Flurry, it's too useful! We can't have that. So we'll remove it and make it baseline for Monks.

How does that sound, huh?! They should give me a spot on the dev team.

Deleted
    No, no...! That's totally out of the question!
    The Dance of Death thing is nice, we need ONE cooldown for all specs. Might as well keep things simple.
    As for Blade Flurry, it's too useful! We can't have that. So we'll remove it and make it baseline for Monks.

How does that sound, huh?! They should give me a spot on the dev team.
    "Just give it to the monk" should become a rogue warcry.

Deleted
    "Just give it to the monk" should become a rogue warcry.
    It would be funny, if it wasn't true...