1. #1

    Large bosses/zergs and condition builds

    I'm a Necro running a condition build. I noticed the limit on bosses is only 25 stacks of a certain condition. Doesn't really work well in huge zergs for condition builds as you can hardly get in a bleed or other damage dealing condition. Imo, the limit should also scale according to amount of people attending the event.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  2. #2
    The Patient Spphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark :)
    Posts
    319
    Post it on their reddit and let them now They really take care of such stuff it seems

  3. #3
    Although I see the limit there, I often feel that my bleeds are still ticking as quickly as if there was no cap at all when watching the speed the ticks occur. Am I just missing something? I initially thought that condition builds would be very weak if they can't go above 28 stacks or whatever it is but having used one extensively I don't feel as though I'm doing any less damage and rather that it just doesn't really show up correctly in the debuff bar.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  4. #4
    Necro condition builds work amazing in events. You may not be able to get 25 stacks on a target yourself, but other people can, and this is where you take advantage of that. Epidemic spreads ALL conditions (not just your conditions) on your target to all nearby enemies.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-09-03 at 07:59 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I'm a Necro running a condition build. I noticed the limit on bosses is only 25 stacks of a certain condition. Doesn't really work well in huge zergs for condition builds as you can hardly get in a bleed or other damage dealing condition. Imo, the limit should also scale according to amount of people attending the event.
    If you could put up 104 stacks of Vulnerability on a target, there may be some unforseen problems with something like this.

    So yes, it's a limit that should be increased for some things, but not necessarily everything (but then it feels weird).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #6
    I think it shouldn't be capped at all, there is not reason to limit it (except for technical reason)? What is your experience with it? Does you condition miss or something, I mean how can you tell that you are not applying it? I vaguely remember reading something about it on one of the blogs, how each condition is tracked separately and display is bit misleading but the "queue depth" of 25 is plain silly. I single handedly apply 18 stacks on vulnerability, if that's capped at 25 total makes everybody conditions kind of silly and pointless. The more I think about it the more I think that this kind of issue need to be resolved as soon as possible. I'll report a bug as soon as I log in today.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Although I see the limit there, I often feel that my bleeds are still ticking as quickly as if there was no cap at all when watching the speed the ticks occur. Am I just missing something? I initially thought that condition builds would be very weak if they can't go above 28 stacks or whatever it is but having used one extensively I don't feel as though I'm doing any less damage and rather that it just doesn't really show up correctly in the debuff bar.
    There probably wasn't enough condition-based builds on that fight. If there's a lot you'll have a hard time keeping over 2 damage dealing conditions on the boss.

    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Necro condition builds work amazing in events. You may not be able to get 25 stacks on a target yourself, but other people can, and this is where you take advantage of that. Epidemic spreads ALL conditions (not just your conditions) on your target to all nearby enemies.
    I know, I love Epidemic a lot, actually it's so great I'd even call it OP (you can spam that thing on targets that aren't even in line of sight, for example on enemies on the wall in WvW, works wonders). But I'm talking about just one boss with no adds, for example Kor in Harathi Highlands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If you could put up 104 stacks of Vulnerability on a target, there may be some unforseen problems with something like this.

    So yes, it's a limit that should be increased for some things, but not necessarily everything (but then it feels weird).
    Yes I was not talking about every condition, mostly the damage dealing ones.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Yes I was not talking about every condition, mostly the damage dealing ones.
    I know the intention, but it would still get weird having a cap on some conditions, but not a cap on others. Kind of wonky and unintuitive for the players coming into the system. How would you address this without "omg moar popups" that get in the way when you're trying to y'know, do stuff?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I know the intention, but it would still get weird having a cap on some conditions, but not a cap on others. Kind of wonky and unintuitive for the players coming into the system. How would you address this without "omg moar popups" that get in the way when you're trying to y'know, do stuff?
    Why would we need to simplify everything? If there's "mistery" in the world, why not also a bit in the game mechanics? It's not like it wouldn't be figured out by anyone that pays attention to conditions almost instantly.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  10. #10
    how much does the bleed tick for? at lv 50 mine ticks for ~45 on a lv 50 monster.
    and the Blood curse (the one that applies the bleeding) hits for 75.

    that`s hardly impressive...

  11. #11
    Blah this is getting rather annoying. Getting bronze medals because of this on large fights when conditions are constantly stacked at 25...
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    how much does the bleed tick for? at lv 50 mine ticks for ~45 on a lv 50 monster.
    and the Blood curse (the one that applies the bleeding) hits for 75.

    that`s hardly impressive...
    Doing extra damage is never impressive, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •