Best pve/pvp class?

Hello guys

What is the best class for pvp and pve in your opinion? I saw many videos with elementalists being a glass canoon and with warriors or thieves being really good. Is it a coincidence or these professions (classes) are really good? Thx for your opinion on this.

Ps. I know that it is really hard to define the BEST class but I believe that you know what I mean .
    Last edited by DarkDevil; 2012-09-03 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Hunter.
    Hunter.

Deleted
    Its too early to say so i asume everyone will claim the proffession they started playing is the best so i am just going to say Evisc Warrior crazy crits i get 9-10k crits on necros and mesmers or Tank Healing Warror spec if you like to not be able to be killed in 1vs1

i have been playing a warrior and they are destorying atm
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

10+ Year Old Account
    The best profession is Archeomancer. But only if you're really skilled. If you want to faceroll you're better off with a Pizza Delivery Ninja (PDN). You could also try out the Crypto-Knight if you're into heavy armor and DoTs, but note that they're pretty weak against rogue Chicken Masters builds with a lot of points in Fowl.
    Whatever you do, don't pick Chloro-mages or Sonic-Shooter until they get a buff.

Edit: I just noticed that you asked for PvE and PvP. Above is the response for PvP, but for PvE it's a bit different.
    Pizza Delivery Ninja is still very good, but be sure you take the Scooter and put points in Speed and Pepperoni. Last-minute Baking is terrible, never use it.
    Chloro-mages are good at supporting, provided you picked up the right abilities (Syngergize, Apple of Delight and Chlorophyl Blade) and there's a Gambler in the party.
    For solo'ing a Sonic-Shooter is pretty good, but only if you're a Robot with the "Flexible"-trait.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2012-09-03 at 01:10 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    All classes are strong atm, they've done well to balance it.

Now with that said, Warrior damage is ridiculous and Necro's are all round overpowered. Guardians are pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDevil View Post
    Ps. I know that it is really hard to define the BEST class but I believe that you know what I mean .
    Yeah, you want a class that can beat other classes very easily and not die at all. You want to solo group event bosses while not dodging anything, soaking everything but doing insane damage at the same time. Is that about right? Because if not, then you could have gone through the threads about the different classes or the wiki already.

perhaps I've not learnt to counter the class well but I find warriors very powerful, I'm fine with everything else though.

I don't think there is a best class for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    All classes are strong atm, they've done well to balance it.

Now with that said, Warrior damage is ridiculous and Necro's are all round overpowered. Guardians are pretty good too.
    See this is the mark of a balanced game: when people call a class both ''the most underpowered in the game'' and ''all around overpowered'' depending who you are speaking to (Necro, and yes i heard both frequently. Also same situation for mesmer and ranger.)

Also keep in mind that Warrior does have ridiculous damage, but for that they have little to no combat utility compared to other classes. Their ''bag of tricks'' is filled with what is essentially either self-buff, either group buffs. Avoiding a warrior's damage is extremely easy.

But in all seriousness, I have found Phantasm-built Mesmer to be surprisingly powerfull. You are nearly unkillable, to the point where I have yet to dip under 80% hp in a 1v1 (sPvP) and I have won plenty of 1v2 without problems, even one or two 1v3s.
    Last edited by Nikijih; 2012-09-03 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Classes aren't powerful, builds are.

Deleted
    Could you add a poll please, so I can vote later?

I didn't really pvp yet, but I do think mesmers are going to be quite good!

Could you add a poll please, so I can vote later?
    I wanted to add a poll but I couldn't find any option to do so. Help appreciated. Thx guys for answers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDevil View Post
    Hello guys

What is the best class for pvp and pve in your opinion? I saw many videos with elementalists being a glass canoon and with warriors or thieves being really good. Is it a coincidence or these professions (classes) are really good? Thx for your opinion on this.

I'm not sure there really is one, all are viable if they fit your play style.

For me Mesmer is brilliant, I am unkillable in pave, if it goes pear shaped I drop some clones, blink away and laugh at the mobs. I can take vets with ease, and frequently pull large groups and take them down easily. I may not have as much single target as a thief, but I have a fair bit of burst and when my conditions are up their health drops quick.

As for pvp......hahahahaha owned. I can quite happily fun into whole groups of enemy players in WvWvW for that finisher and come out alive, I can take players on 2 to 1 and be reasonably confident of winning... Only lack is real ranged aoe for keep fights.

But that's not to say mesmer is better than other classes, it just really works for me.

@ tlacoatl
    Yep had the same experience, love the mesmer. I tried the other class (yay for instant lvl 80 sPvP :P), and while I can say warriors and thiefs have much better damage, the Mesmer is such a flexible class that its just as effective. You can dance around with a whole group after you and somehow survive where a warrior would have blown one up then been ground in the dirt. Its also freakishly hilarious to run into 2 ennemy players only to have one run away because he hasnt read the names and thinks he is facing 4 foes :P
    Last edited by Nikijih; 2012-09-03 at 03:24 PM.

Please use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...scussion-Index

For individual class discussion. These type of threads are not encouraged.

-- Fencers