Page 1 of 3
LastLast

RIFT Storm Legion Compendium

Okay folks, it's time to start gathering all the cool info into one spot. I will update this post at least daily with information about what is new or changing in Storm Legion. Please, please, please, post everything you can below and I will update it into this post, preferably with links to an official source (timestamps on videos would be win).

Storm Legion Changes

General
    • Beta will be open!
    • Level cap increased to 60.
    • 76 points to spend on soul builds, up from 66.
    • Top tier abilities will cost 41 points, up from 31.
    • Two vast new continents, Brevane and Dusken, which triple the size of the existing areas.
    • Two new mount speeds above 110%, to make travel easier.
    • Cloaks are being added using the Shroud technology.
    • Resistance is being added to jewelry and cloaks to ease the requirement for grinding resist sigils.
    • Planar Attunement is changing, one level of xp will equate one point in PA to spend, and PA will be account wide! [Source]
    • Dimensions are being added, allowing players to own an instanced portion of a zone and build homes and decorate the house/area.
    • A single neutral city for both factions (fits in with the Faction as Fiction changes coming in 1.10).
    • New level of crafting: Grand Master.

PvE
    • Seven dungeons at launch, all with heroic modes:
      • Exodus of the Storm Queen (50-52)
      • Storm Breaker Protocol (52-54)
      • Unhallowed Boneforge (56-58)
      • Golem Foundry (58-60)
      • Archive of Flesh (58-60)
      • Empyrean Core (60)
      • Tower of the Shattered (60)
    • No master modes at launch.
    • Three raids at launch.
    • Regulus death raid known as Endless Eclipse will be the middle tier raid.
    • At least one Chronicle at launch.
    • New Colossi zone bosses, who's actions may affect what parts of a zone are available.
    • New quest type: Carnage - requires you to kill X amount of nearby mobs of a certain name/type.
    • New Hunt Rifts (will add description later).

PvP

Classes

Clerics

Mages
    • New soul is Harbinger - a melee role that can transmute their weapon into a Scythe, Axe or two handed Sword, each weapon gives different function/utility.
    • Harbinger will have different armors that synergise with other souls like Chloromancer, Stormcaller and Pyromancer.
    • New pet models for the Elementalist pets.

Rogues
    • New soul is the Tactician - details to be revealed.
    • Combo points are now on the rogue and not lost when the target dies, similar to the warrior system.
    • Finishes refresh motifs automatically.

Warriors
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-09-04 at 06:54 AM.

Excellent efforts. I think if we were to hyperlink some of these to websites it would be the ultimate reference.

I'd contribute that the Beta will be open, and that the names of the 7 dungeons that are available on xpac launch are as follows:

Exodus of the Storm Queen (50-52)
    Storm Breaker Protocol (52-54)
    Unhallowed Boneforge (56-58)
    Golem Foundry (58-60)
    Archive of Flesh (58-60)
    Empyrean Core (60)
    Tower of the Shattered (60)

and:

An additional type of quest called a Carnage quest can automatically appear on your screen when you enter an area and, for example, ask that you obliterate 20 nearby mobs. there was also something about new Hunt Rifts?

Credit to The Ascended Chronicle Blog for outlining some of the features as well.
    Last edited by Antipathy; 2012-09-03 at 11:35 AM.

Oh man, less button mashing as a bard? I'd actually be interested in playing one again!

Wow. This might just resell me on this amazing game O_O

Also wanted to add, Resist All Stat has been introduced, and next week is the warrior soul reveal!!

(followed by Rogue, and then Cleric)

Methinks I chose poorly picking MoP over this. Trion really seems to "get" all the things Blizzard doesn't.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice job, Tarien! I look forward to when Beta opens so we can get some videos/SSs up of Storm Legion!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Methinks I chose poorly picking MoP over this. Trion really seems to "get" all the things Blizzard doesn't.
    There's no harm in playing both side by side, you can get Storm Legion if you purchase a 12 month sub of rift. (you get a kickass mount and the Stormbringer title too)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I don't think it's really a matter of Trion getting it and Blizzard not, I've been doing a lot of thinking/studying/talking with others about this, and the real issue seems to be that Blizzard is owned by Activision and thus a publicly owned company. Shareholders want to see their shares rise, thus that means, give us profits. ActiBlizz can see profits by making less content less often and just milking WoW as much as possible, thus we see them doing that. On the other hand, Trion is still a privately owned company, thus they have no shareholders to please, I just hope they keep it this way.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't think it's really a matter of Trion getting it and Blizzard not, I've been doing a lot of thinking/studying/talking with others about this, and the real issue seems to be that Blizzard is owned by Activision and thus a publicly owned company. Shareholders want to see their shares rise, thus that means, give us profits. ActiBlizz can see profits by making less content less often and just milking WoW as much as possible, thus we see them doing that. On the other hand, Trion is still a privately owned company, thus they have no shareholders to please, I just hope they keep it this way.
    But making the game better would net them more subs. They are currently loosing subs because they simply aren't innovative with their content, and they release the little content they do release way too slowly. If they started releasing content with the quality and speed of Rift, I guarantee you they wouldn't be loosing close to as many subs.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    But making the game better would net them more subs. They are currently loosing subs because they simply aren't innovative with their content, and they release the little content they do release way too slowly. If they started releasing content with the quality and speed of Rift, I guarantee you they wouldn't be loosing close to as many subs.
    I think they are realizing that now. Remember, subs only really started dropping a little over a year ago. Perhaps now the shareholders will say, "fine, but don't dip too much into those profits!"

Why else would Blizzard do this to such a good game?
    "A flower.

I think they are realizing that now. Remember, subs only really started dropping a little over a year ago. Perhaps now the shareholders will say, "fine, but don't dip too much into those profits!"

I don't think it is a really a "choice" on their part to do what they have done to wow.

I think that they believe they know what their players want
    and if the players don't like their decisions the player will learn to like it.

They made this painfully clear when interacting with their community about the new talent system. Essentially saying that it is hard for people to "change" or that people will "come around". When people took offense they just shrugged it off.

Its that sort of hubris that has cost them players. (and will probably continue to do so)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Well, I believe that it is the engine that is holding them back. The engine is what, 12 years old?
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I believe that it is the engine that is holding them back. The engine is what, 12 years old?
    Graphics =/= a game.

People still play classic games that are 20+ years old, hell people watch videos on YouTube of people playing those games. Hell look at Wowcrendor doing a new video series of him playing bloody Banjo Kazooie.

Really, saying it's because it's an old engine is just foolish, graphics have never, and will never, make or break a game. Unless they are so bad, you can't tell what to do.

Ooh, good example, very current game, but HORRIBLE graphics, Minecraft.

Yea, Minecraft definitely lacks players, because of the crappy engine/graphics, right?
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-09-04 at 02:00 AM.
    "A flower.

Graphics =/= a game.

People still play classic games that are 20+ years old, hell people watch videos on YouTube of people playing those games. Hell look at Wowcrendor doing a new video series of him playing bloody Banjo Kazooie.

Really, saying it's because it's an old engine is just foolish, graphics have never, and will never, make or break a game. Unless they are so bad, you can't tell what to do.

Ooh, good example, very current game, but HORRIBLE graphics, Minecraft.

Yea, Minecraft definitely lacks players, because of the crappy engine/graphics, right?
    What I meant was the engine is slowing down the speed that they're able to release content. Im not completely sure how or why, but I don't believe the tools are there on a 12 year old engine to create content as fast as a 5 year old engine. Still, no excuse, with how big the company is, they should be able to change engine, or heavily modify it so that they can release content at a faster rate.
    Last edited by Rajadog20; 2012-09-04 at 02:41 AM.
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant was the engine is slowing down the speed that they're able to release content. Im not completely sure how or why, but I don't believe the tools are there on a 12 year old engine to create content as fast as a 5 year old engine. Still, no excuse, with how big the company is, they should be able to change engine, or heavily modify it so that they can release content at a faster rate.
    I completely agree on that point.

But you gotta think, profits. It would cost a lot of money for them to do that and yeah, Blizzard needs to show profits, especially with sub numbers dropping.
    "A flower.

Guys, waaay off topic. I could care less about your thoughts on blizzard vs Trion. And thank you Tarien for compiling what will hopefully be a mega thread. Cant wait for the beta!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialtm View Post
    Guys, waaay off topic. I could care less about your thoughts on blizzard vs Trion. And thank you Tarien for compiling what will hopefully be a mega thread. Cant wait for the beta!
    Doesn't matter if you care less, it's a matter of the movement of thread discussions. If you have a problem with it, report and don't comment on it.
    "A flower.

Doesn't matter if you care less, it's a matter of the movement of thread discussions. If you have a problem with it, report and don't comment on it.
    Yes and 7 comments in its already a wow vs rift thread from there on. 95% of us dont come here to read that when their is already 6515614956841325 threads on such subjects. All I'm asking is to move on from them. It gets old.

A few new Bard updates and such can be found in here. Particularly these...

In Hartsman’s Core City segment, players found out some pretty exciting info for Bard fans. Here’s a list of some of the changes:

There will only be three Motifs to juggle.
    Motifs refresh when finishers are used.
    Cadence can be used while moving.
    Combo points remain on the Rogue and not on the mobs, making target switching simple. This might be just for Bards, or might be for all Rogues as well.
    Bards aren’t getting a battle resurrection. The goal, apparently, is to change encounters so battle resses aren’t as essential.
    Cadence can be shifted from single target to multiple target. This includes the damage portion.

Guess we will have to wait after the Warrior soul is revealed to find more updates about the new rogue soul, the Tactician.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2012/09/0...-storm-legion/
    Last edited by Trialtm; 2012-09-04 at 07:26 AM.