Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They do not suspend nor ban people for using the occational power word. Saying f**k if you die for some stupid reason will not get you into trouble.
    Saying "f**k off you little t**t noob, you are so f*****g bad, go kill yourself" will get you banned or suspended.

Don't act like an arse, and you wont get into trouble.

You will find some examples of what people were suspended for in this Reddit thread. Just be warned, the language is very much NSFW.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    no they dont, this is an Anet thing.
    Yeah they do. They'll issue a warning or two first, then come the temp bans increasing in time every time it happens.

Have had it happen to guildies, and have used it against d bags trolling people in general and such.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I saw this guy joking about raping women and then beating them, I reported him but still I see him in map chat today... so I dunno if there is just bad words that get you suspended... but that kind of worries me I guess they have alot of other stuff to do atm.

I'm kinda glad they take it serieusly.
    For one i don't care if people just swear, but i've played TERA for a few months waiting for GW2 and MoP, and in TERA they did nothing.
    The channels were filled with racist pricks and religious trolls insulting anyone and everyone who even used said channel for its proper use.

It got really obnoxious whenever you try to use the lfg channel for its actual purpose it was impossible because it instantly got dismissed by the same attention whoring trolls spouting random insults and offensive behaviour.

Personally it doesn't affect me, but it makes the community look like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Taken from the Sept 1 "State of the Game" article. I can slightly understand the banning of someone over an offensive name, but banning over offensive language? Is this for real? Players have the option to keep the language filter on (which it is by DEFAULT). If someone is that emotionally sensitive that they can't handle the harshness of the internet and its online bullies, perhaps they shouldn't turn if off. Anyway, just saw this, completely disagreed with their policy on both player interaction and was curious what your reactions were.
    Good. I hope they continue to be heavy-handed. The thread on reddit a while back where Anet outed those who claimed they were banned unjustly by posting their chat logs was hilarious. If you disagree with their policy, don't play the game. They don't lose anything, they already got their money. We won't lose anything, since you probably don't contribute anything to the community anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    WoW has been taking action against people who use foul language since day one.
    Such a lie, in WoW you get away with so much! if they do take action i think they should improve their methods... its obviously not working very well

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a simple system, really. Swearing is okay, insulting people isn't.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Taken from the Sept 1 "State of the Game" article. I can slightly understand the banning of someone over an offensive name, but banning over offensive language? Is this for real? Players have the option to keep the language filter on (which it is by DEFAULT). If someone is that emotionally sensitive that they can't handle the harshness of the internet and its online bullies, perhaps they shouldn't turn if off. Anyway, just saw this, completely disagreed with their policy on both player interaction and was curious what your reactions were.
    That was a good decision by them. Now if movie theaters would just ban people that fart a lot the world would be a better place.

Deleted
    Oh noes, someone said Fuck in GW2. My tender eyes have been scarred forever!

I'm sorry, but if you think that you need to string endless numbers of obscenities together to prove a point, then get banned for it, then you have no point to prove.

Use actual rational discourse to argue your point. Don't call people out on their race, sex, religious affiliation, sexual persuasion, political preference, or what they had for breakfast that upsets your delicate constitution.

MMOs are not a public forum. They are private. You PAY to post there, be that in their forums or their in-game chat. You break the rules, you pay the dues.

I don't really believe in banning people anyway.

The best thing, IMO is to have two chat channels. One is for normal people. Everyone is in there by default. The other is for confirmed douches. You get moved there when you act like an asshat. Can be permanent or temporary. Depends on what you did. You can't select which one you're in. This would go for party, battleground, say and whisper.

That way you get the company you deserve.

Act in GW2 as you would around civilised people. It isn't hard. Even when I am out with friends, I don't use an expletive every second word, so why should I online?

Apparently not being a douche bag in a game is a very challenging concept for most people.
    RETH

If they banned 23 out of at least a million people, I doubt they banned someone for simple swearing.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-09-03 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't really believe in banning people anyway.

The best thing, IMO is to have two chat channels. One is for normal people. Everyone is in there by default. The other is for confirmed douches. You get moved there when you act like an asshat. Can be permanent or temporary. Depends on what you did. You can't select which one you're in. This would go for party, battleground, say and whisper.

That way you get the company you deserve.
    I love this idea Can we have it please!

Deleted
    Good, I mean I swear like a trucker IRL but you have to know when to cut it out. Like if you were speaking publicly as opposed to speaking in a public chat channel, you would hold back the language, the same carries over. Swear in G-chat or to your friends if you really want to vent

but sometimes telling someone they are fucking terrible is the only way to show them just how bad they are D:
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    I saw this guy joking about raping women and then beating them, I reported him but still I see him in map chat today... so I dunno if there is just bad words that get you suspended... but that kind of worries me I guess they have alot of other stuff to do atm.
    Yes, with the current ticket queue, it will likely take a few days before they get around to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Oh noes, someone said Fuck in GW2. My tender eyes have been scarred forever!
    As pointed out, you won't get banned for saying fuck.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    As pointed out, you won't get banned for saying fuck.
    That, or only 23 people have ever said fuck in GW2. Lolol. Seemslegit.