Is there anything i can upgrade on my cpu to run WoW better?

So i spent alot of money this month, and all i have left for a budget is 70 dollars, probly only enough to upgrade one thing... so here's my specs:

Video card GeForce 9500 GT
    cpu AMD athleon II x2 235e proccessor
    6.2 gb ram
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

I get about 35-60 fps on a high pop server, in cities, i usually get up to 60+ outside cities, and 30~ in cities depending on time of day.
    I have most settings on high other than shadows (those drop me to 5 lol) and ssao, ssao in particular looks amazing and i really want to be able to run that on high without lag... view distance is on high (can have it on ultra without much a fps loss). hope someone can help me, i feel like a fish out of water upgrading a cpu

go change graphic card that will change most of the problems. ohw and mayb a new cpu if it is socket am3 u might wanna pick up the phenom x4 965 black edition perhaps but for 70 dollars i would say save up a bit first as it is doing pretty fine now too
    Last edited by satanas666; 2012-09-03 at 12:13 PM.
    Ordo ad chao

Hmm... any reccommendations then? found this site and it said that the biggest upgrade for me is the graphics card.
    I bought this one about 2 years ago, for 50 bucks, so i imagine with technology advancing i can get one 4 times better now for the same price

Deleted
    Save for a new motherboard and CPU.

the mainboard and cpu arent the problem graphic card is indeed the biggest upgrade you can have at this moment and for 70 dollar i would really say save up to 150 and get a nicer one look on amazon perhaps
    Ordo ad chao

10+ Year Old Account
    As the other poster said, save up for a New CPU and Motherboard. WoW is very CPU Dependent. If you plan on staying AMD, there's a bunch of a nice AMD FX chips on the market now. Stay away from anything that is Bulldozer. I'm a intel type of guy because their chips now a days are very strong. So it's your call. Satan said your video card currently could use an upgrade, which is true! But still you'll have a CPU throughput problem with your CPU rendering frames and all the wonderful stuff on your screen.

Just save up, don't eat out. Tell girlfriend/boyfriend etc.. to cook dinner. Watch movies at home.. Go out only 1x a week. Don't do drugs maybe 1x a week. You get my point! And you'll save up enough to have a good pc

the mainboard and cpu arent the problem graphic card is indeed the biggest upgrade you can have at this moment and for 70 dollar i would really say save up to 150 and get a nicer one look on amazon perhaps also i still think that if you have a am3+ at the moment go for the cheapest upgrade possible which mostly might be the phenom x4 965 black edition i use this cpu as well and have no problem with this cpu whatsoever. and these cpu's arent the most expensive ones anymore either. edit: i have to say that is if you want as cheap as possible and mostly only play wow.
    Last edited by satanas666; 2012-09-03 at 02:21 PM.
    Ordo ad chao

Quote Originally Posted by pizz View Post
    As the other poster said, save up for a New CPU and Motherboard. WoW is very CPU Dependent. If you plan on staying AMD, there's a bunch of a nice AMD FX chips on the market now. Stay away from anything that is Bulldozer. I'm a intel type of guy because their chips now a days are very strong. So it's your call. Satan said your video card currently could use an upgrade, which is true! But still you'll have a CPU throughput problem with your CPU rendering frames and all the wonderful stuff on your screen.

Just save up, don't eat out. Tell girlfriend/boyfriend etc.. to cook dinner. Watch movies at home.. Go out only 1x a week. Don't do drugs maybe 1x a week. You get my point! And you'll save up enough to have a good pc
    No...no it's not. WoW isn't CPU dependent at all. The OP needs a new graphics card.

OP, you should save up for a month or two and get a decent graphics card in the 300 range...and if you have left overs upgrade the remaining bits of your system.