Herald of the Titans question.

Is it really necessary to reach BiS for that anymore?

Or should I just be shooting for >200 avg ilvl?

(Obviously full enchants, etc. Just a gear itself question.)
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there is no need for bis. I've done it when one guy had nothing equipped at all in some slots - zero importance. Fight iself is honestly a faceroll, once you get gear, the hard part of herald run is over

Deleted
    No, literally does not matter at all, you can do it in heirlooms.

Just get Cata flasks and potions and it will be fine.

I had 2 x 525 professions too, but it's probably not necessary.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 04:25 PM ----------

Plus you have mastery and new talents, you will down the boss just after the first big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    No, there is no need for bis. I've done it when one guy had nothing equipped at all in some slots - zero importance. Fight iself is honestly a faceroll, once you get gear, the hard part of herald run is over
    Such a shame that Blizzard can't keep anything but current content compelling.

going for that one.... once i get my hunter to 80

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Such a shame that Blizzard can't keep anything but current content compelling.
    Why is that a shame?

Thanks for the replies, you've confirmed what I already thought.

Problem is, everyone on openraid says differently. >:/
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post

-.-' well it really is not needed. at all.
    The only reason they say so is only because if someone is full bis, means they spent at least one reset gearing up. So they are kinda jealous that others spent less time gathering gear than they did :3
    (my guess at least)

Deleted

Isn't that exactly as everyone ingame that want ilvl 400+ for FL?

ilvl 407+ for normal dungeon!

but friend did it with some buddys and some where around bis gear and he was just getting 80, just a matter of luck to get a good group.
    sadly i forgott to do that when my warrior was 80
    well gona try it when my pandahunter or pandamonk starts leveling in 4 month :P

No need for BiS at all, I did it in random gear with an average ilevel of 215 or so(ICC 5man weapons and some Ulduar/ICC 5man gear). Not sure which OpenRaid people you've been talking to, but when I did it, we were all in the same kind of gear. Maybe a lot of "new" people have joined now that DS is cross realm, and are being just as unreasonable as in the /trade PuGs they did before
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-09-04 at 06:52 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Is it really necessary to reach BiS for that anymore?

Or should I just be shooting for >200 avg ilvl?

(Obviously full enchants, etc. Just a gear itself question.)
    I highly recommend Tanks and Healers be geared as much as possible if BIS is not possible. Algalon is a healers and a tanks fight for the most part. There is a lot and I mean a lot of melee damage going out. The tank healer will be spending most of their time flash healing as there is a lot of damage going out.

DPS have it a bit easy due to how scaling works. I've had DPS go in with a couple of Heroic blues, 200ilevel epics, etc.

Almost everyone should have their 4pc since you can buy it from the JP vendor. Shouldn't be an excuse. But BiS isn't a requirement at all. You are probably looking at around 3-4 resets and runs before you have everyone geared if BiS is what you are looking for. With Mastery benefiting a good number of classes, Arcane Mages, Frost DKs, Disc Priests, Paladins, and Warriors, it makes it pretty easy.

The fight isn't really hard today compared to what it was a few years back. You simply need 10 people to not screw up and each one needs to watch where they stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get ilvl 226 for neck, belt, chest, hat, gloves and legs from JP. You can craft shoes. Fill in the rest of slots with ICC5 normal 219s or lower badge gear and you should be pretty high ilvl without worrying about BiS or farming Ulduar in advance.

DPS has more leeway but tanks and healers you want to be as best as reasonably possible. Mostly everyone just needs to know what they are doing, and it's not so hard. Not like it was back in the day.

Done it successfully on a mage (<45 minutes of attempts and several had never done the fight as current content so didn't know strat), going to try leading my own via Openraid soon for a few friends working on characters.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

9 manned it back in Feb so it's not really that big of a deal if you are missing pieces or using lower pieces.

Deleted
    had a warlock with few 70 items
    we done 3 runs before cata patch
    it's logical they ask of you to have some 226 atleast
    but no it's not needed
    and yes it's a shame should have done argent defender haha
    anyway good luck to anyone who's going for it

edit: check Tziva's post about gearing
    can always ask your guild if anyone wants the ulduar mount and tag allong for gear
    Last edited by mmoc9c8c9b0f69; 2012-09-05 at 08:36 AM.