Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dire Beast vs Thrill of the Hunt.

Well, you saw it in the title. I would like to know other peoples thoughts on this matter. It's pretty hard to compare them, I have to admit. Personally, I used TotH atm, because the rotation feels more fluent, I barely ever cast Cobra shot (which does next to no dmg anyway). I know DB gives focus regen too. But TotH procs a ton, so it's a toughie.

I think at 90 DB deffo, as it will scale with your gear (Mastery - BM) more than TotH will. But at 85? What are your 2c?

Halatosis

Deleted
    What spec are you? As far as I know, Dire Beast is a no-brainer for BM.

For PvP I'm using TotH as BM and as Surv. I'm mostly playing Survival because BM just feels clunky and I just don't like it. I do have to say that BM is WAY superior than Survival or MM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Oh, yeh sorry. For BM PvE .

Halatosis

I like Thrill of the Hunt but will like it even better when Explosive shots that cost focus (non LnL procs) actually proc it =(
    Bug report it everyday! Explosive shot doesn't proc Thrill of the Hunt when it costs focus.

Yeah dire beast is good, but on fights like H yorshaj I'd run toth simply because it cuts the focus of your multi-shots in half and that fight is all about aoe.

DB for single target, thrill for aoe. Although thrill is not that far behind DB in single target either and i'll expect the gap to close even further in mop when we lose our double focus and thrill becomes more important for managing focus.

Thrill is pretty nice for cobra Strike procs too! Having Thrill also makes you very mobile, no need to ever go into cobra and switch to fox while moving.

I found TotH is just not an option in PvE with 2pc t13. Any gain you get is quickly lost when you're focus capping constantly. It's worse for SV when you get LnL stacked on top of it :P

For BM Dire beast beasts the hell of out of thrill of the hunt on beta, regardless of tier pieces, it does about 8-10% of your overall damage, aswell as each dire beast regens 45 focus.

Thrill of the Hunt is also random, while it will proc a lot, its still random and can cap you at max focus for a long time, where as dire beast is 100% predictable in terms of your rotation, sure the beast can crit, but that wont affect you, where as a random 3 arcane shots can just be stupid at some points, during haste effects, bestial wrath, and then you risk Serpent Sting falling off anyway.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

I've been using DB as BM Haven't tried TotH except inbeta a few times. As BM using DB I've noticed sometimes I have so much focus I'll just re apply serpent sting and not even use a cobra shot. It's pretty nice tbh, and prolly those who use TotH get focus capped or almost focus capped all the time. I like it really not having to use cobra is a nice QoL if I see serpent sting about to fall off and see I almost have a full bar of focus i just shoot serpent sting and not use cobra.

A little OT today was my first Rag kill go figure, and mount didnt drop lol. But kinda funny I had a lock in my raid ask me "are hunters OP or something?" I said "nah we just good" lol. He was 2nd in dps and I was doing 18k more than him. I'm loving BM atm

Quote Originally Posted by BodyRocket View Post
    I like Thrill of the Hunt but will like it even better when Explosive shots that cost focus (non LnL procs) actually proc it =(
    Bug report it everyday! Explosive shot doesn't proc Thrill of the Hunt when it costs focus.
    This is working as intended... When you proc LnL, Explosive shot's cost NO FOCUS. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    This is working as intended... When you proc LnL, Explosive shot's cost NO FOCUS. Working as intended.
    You probably need to reread the statement you quoted.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Come on, really?
    Last edited by BodyRocket; 2012-09-05 at 01:32 AM.

I want to keep this on the front page so we can get more /bug reports in. Thanks

I have tried both and I can't for the life of me see how Dire Beast is better than TotH. TotH procs all the time for me and sometimes seems to proc off itself. It's worth 60 focus and Arcane shots do quite a bit of damage. I'm using in both of my specs for both pve and pvp.

I want to keep this on the front page so we can get more /bug reports in. Thanks
    Explosive shot doesn't proc Thrill of the Hunt when it costs focus.
    I shouldn't have had to do this, but being as how they haven't fixed it....

I shouldn't have had to do this, but being as how they haven't fixed it....
    You're better off posting it on the offical forums than here. There's nothing we can do about it. And it's *at all times* it seems to be unable to proc TotH, not just when it costs focus :/.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I choose TotH with a bm specc for leveling but will change my talents and switch to direbeast as soon as I hit 90.

Is Dire Beast affected by BM Mastery?