Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda understand this if the school was segregated at the time, why put people together for the same reunion if they were ever united but dont have to say WHITE PEOPLE COME ONLY
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Oh, just so you can't deflect from the reality of White Scholarships existing any further, the broken link is in reference to this story:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2674267&page=1
    Are you aware that the story you linked is discussing one group, who offered one scholarship (of $250) to a person who is at least 1/4 white (among a handful of other criteria)? And it also references another attempt at the same thing, two years ago. So two scholarships total, both for $250 each, both for a student of at least 1/4 white. Is this your proof that white only scholarships exist?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Are you aware that the story you linked is discussing one group, who offered one scholarship (of $250) to a person who is at least 1/4 white (among a handful of other criteria)? And it also references another attempt at the same thing, two years ago. So two scholarships total, both for $250 each, both for a student of at least 1/4 white. Is this your proof that white only scholarships exist?
    Perfectly aware. But that's not the greater point that I was making. You might want to look at the portion of my post (that I kept mentioning in previous ones, btw) that the person I was responding to kept ignoring, because it made his whining a non-issue.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-09-04 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    lol, but in seriousness, liberal lawmakers do legislate behavior.
    They have threads for people like you... shit they have entire websites. And tea parties.... and all sorts of weird cult behaviors for you to write off as standing up for yourself and your rights....

Getting back on point: This thread really has nothing to do with what the liberals are trying to force on people or what the conservatives are trying to tell us what is right and true..... it's just a straightforward post about something that someone finds offensive, re: racism.

You would have been better off not including the word "liberal" in your statement i.e.- "lawmakers legislate behaviors", and it would have made more sense, especially in a thread that had something to do with politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Great link, but obama would qualify for that grant, he is black right?

Its more of a protest vs racially motivated financial aid. All about equality until were talking benefits, then they want segregation. You cant have it both ways.
    So now you've officially changed your argument, because your losing one was exposed as a non-issue, so you're pretending that you didn't bring it up at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Last I had heard some places in the deep south still hold segregated proms where anyone can attend the "black" prom but only white people can attend the "white" prom. It's sad to see these kinds of things still happen in 21st Century.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? its a private party, they can invite whoever the hell they want be it only white only black only yellows only fats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    So - black people should quit celebrating things like "Black History Month" because there is nothing they did to earn that skin color, eh wot? Or is there a shared culture, heritage, and history associated with the trait that gives them a sense of community and belonging which they can freely enjoy without getting judged by the narrow-minded? Likewise - what's wrong with a white person wanting to share HIS sense of community? Is that so wrong?
    By that logic, we should abolish all holidays/celebrations that have to do with a nation or a specific group achieving some great goal. Oh, and speaking of racial/ethnic ones, "good luck" in telling Jews to stop celebrating Passover. In your eagerness to be snarky, you exposed just how shortsighted you are.

And there's nothing wrong with a white person sharing his sense of community. The problem is what that white celebration evolves into 99.999999% of the time, because you can't keep your idiots in check.

Hint: Take a gander at what "White Pride" almost always evolves into.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-09-04 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That's kind of a strange thing to say, seeing as the opposite... doesn't really seem to have occurred? Nor would it be any less racist to hold a "black only" party.

Shifting the blame leads you nowhere.
    I also assume it wasn't only black people excluded from the party. Since it's white only they also excluded Latino, Asian, muslim etc.

So now you've officially changed your argument, because your losing one was exposed as a non-issue, so you're pretending that you didn't bring it up at all.
    If you wanna get all technical, these are grants, not scholarships :P So i still win.

Thanks for linking that article, i always thought it would be funny if someone actually did that, havent seen it before.

(2) $250 grants have been given out that our black president would qualify for, think its a bit misleading
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-09-04 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    If you wanna get all technical, these are grants, not scholarships :P So i still win.

Thanks for linking that article, i always thought it would be funny if someone actually did that, havent seen it before.

(2) $250 grants have been given out that our black president would qualify for, think its a bit misleading
    My larger source of scholarships (which you keep pretending was never linked) aren't scholarships, even though they call them scholarships? Ok if that's the case, then you're flailing now, because even if you're right (which you wouldn't be) 1.) they're still awarded based on being white 2.) it's still free money that doesn't need to be paid back. Not to mention the fact that those two words are used interchangeably by college admissions offices.

You've desperately moved goal-posts so much that you're not even on the field anymore. LOL! You're done. Have a good one.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-09-04 at 01:19 AM.

My larger source of scholarships (which you keep pretending was never linked) aren't scholarships, even though they call them scholarships? Ok if that's the case, then you're flailing now, because even if you're right (which you wouldn't be) 1.) they're still awarded based on being white 2.) it's still free money that doesn't need to be paid back. Not to mention the fact that those two words are used interchangeably by college admissions offices.

You've desperately moved goal-posts so much that you're not even on the field anymore. LOL! You're done. Have a good one.
    Trying awful hard to look smart on the MMO-Champ forums.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    They have threads for people like you... shit they have entire websites. And tea parties.... and all sorts of weird cult behaviors for you to write off as standing up for yourself and your rights....

Getting back on point: This thread really has nothing to do with what the liberals are trying to force on people or what the conservatives are trying to tell us what is right and true..... it's just a straightforward post about something that someone finds offensive, re: racism.

You would have been better off not including the word "liberal" in your statement i.e.- "lawmakers legislate behaviors", and it would have made more sense, especially in a thread that had something to do with politics.
    You would have been better off not stating that being conservative makes you a cult member.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That's kind of a strange thing to say, seeing as the opposite... doesn't really seem to have occurred? Nor would it be any less racist to hold a "black only" party.

Shifting the blame leads you nowhere.
    No instead its, hey..... your black lets give you a scholarship

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Wh...where are you even going with this?

This isn't about blacks being racist, this is about whites being racist.

Of course blacks can be racist too, but that doesn't have anything to do with this particular story.

You do not make sense.
    I think what he's saying is it wouldn't have made the news if it was a bunch of black guys saying some white guys couldn't come to their party. Racism is always blown way out of proportion when it's against Blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    I think what he's saying is it wouldn't have made the news if it was a bunch of black guys saying some white guys couldn't come to their party. Racism is always blown way out of proportion when it's against Blacks.
    WhoOoo WhoOoo! Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism.

I see, so you feel offended that a group of white people are being called out on their racist actions and that you are now the underdog. Ok. Give me a moment while I discuss this with my hyperbole deputy.

Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    WhoOoo WhoOoo! Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism.

I see, so you feel offended that a group of white people are being called out on their racist actions and that you are now the underdog. Ok. Give me a moment while I discuss this with my hyperbole deputy.

Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.
    Unfortunately I had to edit it to fit my sig, but needless to say +1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    So - black people should quit celebrating things like "Black History Month" because there is nothing they did to earn that skin color, eh wot? Or is there a shared culture, heritage, and history associated with the trait that gives them a sense of community and belonging which they can freely enjoy without getting judged by the narrow-minded? Likewise - what's wrong with a white person wanting to share HIS sense of community? Is that so wrong?
    Yes, actually, it kind of is wrong, seeing as it actually diminishes the "achievements" of the other group. Sorry to keep bringing up gay analogies, but this is kind of tantamount to straight parades. And i actually do hear this argument all the time. "Oh well if gays can have parades, why can't we?!" Because that directly diminishes the achievements of gays and the rights they're trying to fight for.

10+ Year Old Account
    we should not blame these dimwit old farts,seem like they lived as a racist their entire lives. That is what they learn from their fathers or grandfathers and it is too late for them to understand. This is what happens when your mind stack at 30 year past and that is why comunities needs open minded new generations to progress further.

Also please keep in mind being an anti-racist is as bad as being racist, nothing good comes from extreems.

Pretty sure black history month isn't "blacks only".

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not agree with it, but it is at a private residence and they can invite or not invite whomever they please. You can show idiots how not to be shitty, but you can't make them be nice to people. Also if this were not a white only party, no one would care.

There I think I covered all the counter arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.