Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The zones of Orr have many dynamic events. Some are pretty fun and hard. No one on my server is in the level 80 only zone yet though. So I have not been there yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its really simple;

+There should be gear stats change in pve at high levels; heroic mode gear, normal gear etc. It honestly keeps people going onwards in pve no matter what you say or think personally.
    +The next expo should have a raid (10 man or so, smaller ones)
    =PvP is fine the way it is, and gear shouldnt be made a part of pvp

I personally love the game, but i agree with the starter of this thread; if nothing is done for the PvE gear stats upgrade + raids, this game will be just like CoD, which is fine for some people, but not my cup of tea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    The zones of Orr have many dynamic events. Some are pretty fun and hard. No one on my server is in the level 80 only zone yet though. So I have not been there yet.
    This right here.
    Now, I'm not level 80 myself, so I don't know the specifics - But the three Orr areas are supposed to be packed with tons of hard event chains that reward the entire server when completed to the end and then continuously held by the players (Try searching Youtube for "GW2 God temples" or something along those lines).
    The server can't even access the final dungeon (Arah) if specific points in Orr aren't held by the players.

So, yeah - That sounds pretty interesting, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post

+There should be gear stats change in pve at high levels; heroic mode gear, normal gear etc. It honestly keeps people going onwards in pve no matter what you say or think personally.

I personally love the game, but i agree with the starter of this thread; if nothing is done for the PvE gear stats upgrade + raids, this game will be just like CoD, which is fine for some people, but not my cup of tea
    This post just gave me cancer...

So let me get this straight: "Turn this game into WoW or it will be a first person shooter?!!?!??"

Is it bad to wish for some people to drown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post

You already have WoW for all that. No need to have two games for raiding.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Haven't really tried WvW I took one look at the map, saw no mounts or fast travel and immediately quit out.

sPvP is loads of fun but the fact you can't join as a group is a complete fail. Joining with friends is a coinflip whether you're fighting against them or not.

I'll most likely spend my time on tournaments which sound awesome. 5 man teams, mini tournaments between 8 teams and rewards for winning sound like my cup of tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    saw no mounts or fast travel and immediately quit out.
    I have to admit, traveling places in WvW without waypoints can be a little bit tiring. Looking forward to the two-week battles.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    That will be my sig, thank you sir

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcatron View Post
    Burning out fast, need help
    Its a B2P, no subscription to cancel or start, take break and go play something else for a while.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doing WvW as a random part of a zerg isn't fun. I'll be the first to testify to that fact.

Going into WvW as a part of a organized group with guildies/friends/etc is a totally different story and is a ton of fun.

Deleted
    Hey Hey

Just to add in a little about WvWvW, I used to play warhammer online and at first the world pvp (which is quite comparable to this'ish) was just a huge mess, kind of how you describe WvWvW at the moment. However once the game settled in and tactics got formed it really got a whole lot more fun. Communication was server(faction in that case) wide and we had main zerges, roamers, scouts etc. So i imagine that the WvWvW may pan out something like this and if it does it's going to be great. Something well worth being a part of.

As for Spvp it's also going to develop, once more tournaments are up and running and solid teams are forming more at different skill brackets.

My point being, as others have said i think the game just needs to bed down, especially with WvWvW it's going to be what we make of it, and unlike alot of other modes in games that takes time, at least I hope as this really is just speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you're not paying for a subscription, there's really no demand at all that you MUST maximize the amount of time spend in-game per month. Stop playing for a while.

I think the level 20-30 range might just be a bit of a slowdown, I'm sitting with my highest level toon at 26 and feeling kinda blah about going any further. Not gonna kill you to take a week off and then see if you feel like playing more.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You already have WoW for all that. No need to have two games for raiding.
    A raid would help greatly for those "what to do @80", but Anet apparently cant deliver it.

I'm enjoying PvE, not even @ max lvl yet - higher lvl zones with big bad dragons are awesome, but I cant think of much to do at max level. Crafting, chasing my legendary and playing dressing game with my cute mesmer maybe?

I've been playing sPvP almost exclusively. The rest of the game bores the crap out of me but sPvP is pretty damn fun. The skill cap in this game is incredibly high and if you get bored of a class or build you can just make a new one. They've also balanced the classes extremely well.

It hasn't once felt like a 'BG grind' to me and i've nerded this out since launch. I'm also a pretty big gear fan in MMO's as i believe it adds a lot in RPG elements (even in PvP, actually it was one of the things i liked about WoW PvP) but i haven't thought about it at all while PvPing and some of my classes i can't even be bothered changing the aesthetics of.

I suppose you could say it's like CoD. To me this game isn't an MMORPG at all, it's pretty much as close as you can get to being 100% instanced and the 'world' serves no purpose at all but to level. Even the world feels like an instance to me. Mostly because there is no faction warfare going on, i feel like i have no freedom to do what i want and there is just a massive grind ahead of me. In WoW i could get sidetracked for hours in a 1v1, 1v2, 1v3 ganking marathon which could escalate into a tarren mill style battle at any point. The kicker is i always feel like i'm rushing around to try and grab every dynamic event (which are freaking boring) along with visiting every little square and triangle on the map.

I'm not a fan of the WvW either. I honestly don't really understand the mechanics and i'm sure i would have a bit more fun if i learnt them, but all i've seen so far is 40 people dpsing a gate for 30 minutes while the other team stand and watch because of number imbalances.

Well anyway, my point is that you should give SPvP a good bash as i'm having a blast with it and i don't particularly like anything else about the game.

You're level 24, why worry about what's at 80? Just enjoy the journey there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    My team of 15 can defend mostly anything for hours on end against your big zerg. If you are just running around in a group with no tactics, I understand why you are not enjoying WvW.

Apart from that you also have Structured PvP, which is a whole other beast.
    Well, playing tournaments with friends is great fun and thats what Im doing. Sure atm its just a matter of learning your profession and working on tacts since rewards are bugging and there's no paid tournaments in place or anything really competitive. Im looking forward to the day they fix it.
    And then on the side you can hit wvwvw every now and then, take adventure to steal skillpoint around enemy base, or take part in big or smaller fights and gathering and sell stuff on trading market. That will keep me busy for a long time=) The game overall is more fun if you play with people you know

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I play WvW, the more I see that good guilds/servers will move past zerg vs zerg. Strategic movement and play rules WvW. The matches are not long enough yet, but WvW certainly has depth to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest to try to find a guild that does wvw, it helps alot.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Did you play mario for the phat loot?
    Man, I remember this one time we were raiding World 2 and beat this box and it dropped a Fire Flower. After that, we were just blazing through scrubs.