Laptop buying help please :)

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a new laptop. No need to suggest getting a desktop instead, its gonna have to be a laptop
    Personally I know barely anything about computers, so I consulted some people. Turns out what'd be best would be a laptop with i7 processor and an SSD, however I cant seem to find any in my pricerange. (intending to spend 900-1100 euro) Is that available for my price, or should I go for something like http://www.laptopshop.nl/product/211...specifications (dutch site, but I assume the specs are obvious enough)

I intend to use this laptop for WoW, watching movies/series and playing music most of the time. It'll have to run 25m hc raids smoothly instead of the 2 fps I roll with atm

Any advise is much appreciated!

Deleted
    Asus UX32VD-R4002V is what you are looking for ^^ (got one myself, and performance is awesome considering it's an ultrabook)
    However i did get it tweaked to get 10gb of ram and a full SSD instead of the hybrid SSD that came standard issue.
    standard speccs are still 100mb/s for the hdd and 4gb ram

ps:unless you prefer a low resolution screen but is unlikely me thinks :P
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-09-03 at 05:33 PM.

The Asus mentioned above is decent (with more memory), but it's screen is small. If you want a desktop replacement, I recommend anything in the Asus G-series. The G53- is the 15 inch screen, but the whole thing is about the size of a 17 incher. It's also got a funky stealthy shape too. And pretty heavy. But it's awesome.

Generally speaking, you don't need an i7 unless you're doing lots of video editing or other work that benefits a lot from multithreading.

Deleted
    i7 is less powerhungry i believe or is mobility not a requirement OP?
    more details on what you exactly need would help allot else

Thanks for the replies so far guys!
    Mobility isnt top priority for me, but I do need to carry it around every now and then.

If I'd have to choose between i7 or i5+SSD, what would be best option in that case?

Deleted
    any i5 quad will do then and yes SSD is certainly worth it

So i5+SSD>i7 assuming everything else is equal? hmkay

Deleted
    Yea in a nutshell, do try to aim for the highest number of gpu in the line.Ofc if possible (nvidia mobile gpu should be prefered for performance atm)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-09-03 at 08:22 PM.