Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Mana is becoming a huge issue vs casters. If you can't keep much uptime on them (which is harder now bcuz of lack of mobility) you run out of mana fast.
    While this is true, just consider casting Water Shield for a few seconds and then switch back to LS. Fills your mana pretty fast.

Macro:

/castsequence Lightning Shield, Water Shield

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I may be the odd man out here but I'm thinking http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculat...5KrNLLQKlQA53d

- Astral Shift
    -frozen power
    - Totemic Projection
    -echo
    - Ancestral Guidance
    -unleashed fury

glyphs:
    -sham rage
    -ghost wolf
    -healing storm
    -Totemic Encirclement
    -Far Sight
    -Spectral Wolf

I know a lot of people have dissed Astral Shift, but having that big dam reduction you can use right before or after sham rage or maybe when sham rage is on CD...seems to bring a lot of extra survivabilty to the table. As for TP I really like the synergy you can get with that and Capacitor Totem and maybe even Earthbind. And the healing from Ancestral Guidance is pretty outrageous for Enhance, so I'd go with that.

I think we have 2 minor glyphs that will be handy for PvP, really just BGs... Totemic Encirclement gives us 3 extra targets people have to tab thru to get our real totem. I know for better players that won't really effect them. And Far Sight will be very handy for all those pesky indoor locals in the BGs.

I could be way off base on a lot of this, but as of now I think my choices might just pan out.

We'll see

The numbers of enhance shaman around does seem to ebb and flow like the tides, with the coming of nerfs and buffs. But there are a few, like me who have been enhance since the beginning. And sometimes it is hard to pull our weight, due to changes we keep going through. But those are the times when you just have to work that much harder to "keep up". I like a challenge.

"Honor, No matter how dire the battle... never forsake it."
    Last edited by Riak; 2012-09-16 at 09:01 PM.

i dont see many enh shamans around lately

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    I've pvped alot since the patch dropped on all my different 85s on different servers too and have yet to see a single enhancement shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think mobility is the biggest problem we will have going into MoP.....vs all other melee we got the least improvements for mobility and lost a few sources as well.....plus have to go thru alot more trouble just to get some of the basic mobility we could get much more easily thru talents in the past. I hope they address this by giving Enhance a real gap closer, or making Imp GW glyph baseline, or removing the T3 talents and making it a mobility tier instead so the whole class can choose from some good options.

People who say that Imp GW glyph is not mandatory don't know what they are talking about.....its essential for PVP, be it BG's or Arena.....you can close gaps, quick escape, kite, run flags, ect. It's your basic, fundamental, and most easily accessible form of mobility.....you are just way more effective and competitive with it then without it. Stuff like Frozen Power is arguably mandatory as well to close gaps (and I hear there are problems with it now like breaking much earlier on damage then before).

Mana problems is related to poor mobility, with Ret getting 6%mana every 2 sec plus free heals our current mana regen mechanics seem outdated and less effective. Being kited in PVP will make this much worse. I think they should update our mana regen mechanics to something similar to how our old Imp SS worked where SS was mana positive.....so make strikes like SS, LL, and ULE mana positive and a bigger chunk, but still keep some smaller chunk of mana regen from melee swings as well. This way you can get a solid amount of mana back even if you can only pull off a few attacks in melee range and can't rely on high uptime to take advantage of the mana from melee swings.

I also think Wind Shear should be upgraded for Enhance, to have a 4 sec lockout, so it matches the 33% lockout that some melee like Rogues and Monks have. We have some range problems as well, while every other class got their range improvements baked in we did not....stuff like shocks, purge, searing totem can easily be 35-40yds for all Shaman....and Wind Shear should be atleast 30-35yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    In short: mobility can be seen as the foundation of pretty much everything in pvp. Enh is less mobile than others, and more dependant on mobility, hence it sucks. I dont think enh will get much better with UF either, because we're mostly down to snares and speed increases, which cannot compare to a instant gap closer or the freedom/sprint combo rets have.
    Absolutely dead on, and something that I have tweeted to Ghostcrawler about 4 times without a response. No gap closer was ok when we had Earthen Power (to say nothing of losing our 15% passive run speed and temporary movement immunity during spirit walk, which they inexplicably removed), now it's crippling. As Omanley pointed out, the only other melee without an ability that instantly moves them into range of their target (charge, heroic leap, death grip, shadowstep, feral charge) are rets, and they get freedom + sprints (double freedom, even) on short/no CDs. It seems every melee spec got more mobility in 5.0, except enhance which had its mobility stripped. When you compare it to warriors with double charge/30 second heroic leap cd, or ferals with endless snare/root removal, passive 30% sprint, feral charge, auto snare by attacking, stuns, and sprint, it really doesn't make any sense.

I'm not jumping ship, I love my shaman too much and think I'll be able to remain at least somewhat competitive, but it's still quite depressing and doesn't make a lot of sense.

Oh, and ghost wolf glyph is absolutely 100% necessary.

Stone bulwark totem's shield is dispellable, just an fyi.

Yup. Besides, right now it does an initial 28k with 9kish repeating afterwards? If it does the same (percentage wise) bubbles at 90, I still think it's gonna be a pretty weak talent. I know resil will be up through our asses, but those bubbles will be dying off super fast anyway. Astral Shift, on the other hand, is a major damage reduction spell that could completely kill an enemy's burst kill, especially since it's cds line up with their offensive ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Well a lot of classes got already their big cooldowns, enhance is missing ascendance and the lvl 90 talent (which is pretty strong). Which means enh is performing a bit "meh" - will change at lvl 90

@ the bulwark totem thing:

That the totem is dispellable has not always to be a bad thing. Being it dispellable also means you get a bit of dispellprotection, which can be useful, to protect other buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Absolutely dead on, and something that I have tweeted to Ghostcrawler about 4 times without a response. No gap closer was ok when we had Earthen Power (to say nothing of losing our 15% passive run speed and temporary movement immunity during spirit walk, which they inexplicably removed), now it's crippling.
    i want a quarter for every time since 5.04 that ive spirit walked a root and then gotten frozen in a ring i was trying to run across. retarded nerf.
    every time i earthbind totem and realize im still snared.
    every time im 9 inches away from a target, its out of my range, and i cant catch him because we're running the same speed. ghost wolfing to close a 2 foot gap is sad.

I like the UE sprint, i really do. im not asking for a charge or anything outrageous. i'll say we dont need a real gap closer. our uptime was very good in cata. ill even say earthen power could sort of be considered OP for cleaves.

so what i'm saying is give us back 15% passive run and root immunity during spirit walk and i'll stop crying. its a god damn 2 minute cooldown, seriously..
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    so what i'm saying is give us back 15% passive run and root immunity during spirit walk and i'll stop crying. its a god damn 2 minute cooldown, seriously..
    agrree'd....had similar things happen last night which where rather annoying.

I still havent decieded on which tier 1 talent i want to work with. for pve nature's gaurdian is a for sure with me (saved me twice in HDS twice on the same fight)

In pvp IM really liking the stone bulwork totem though im trying out the other two. I see astral shift being yummy for areana but in a random bg the 6 sec with a 2min cd is blehh, now if it was 1min i would be all over it like a fat kid on cake.
    I am trying out natures gaurdain right now just to play with it, having a passive oh shit button that can crit heal is nice. But i think i have only seen that happen.

So for random bg's what your tier 1 talent? areans?

Quote Originally Posted by rdaccord View Post
    agrree'd....had similar things happen last night which where rather annoying.

I still havent decieded on which tier 1 talent i want to work with. for pve nature's gaurdian is a for sure with me (saved me twice in HDS twice on the same fight)

In pvp IM really liking the stone bulwork totem though im trying out the other two. I see astral shift being yummy for areana but in a random bg the 6 sec with a 2min cd is blehh, now if it was 1min i would be all over it like a fat kid on cake.
    I am trying out natures gaurdain right now just to play with it, having a passive oh shit button that can crit heal is nice. But i think i have only seen that happen.

So for random bg's what your tier 1 talent? areans?
    Random BGs = Stone Bulwark Totem
    Arenas = Astral Shift

jesus. reroll shadowpriest. this game is now fucked. cleaves are dead.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

I'm running around without glyphed GW, and it works quite fine. The idea behind this is simple you wont catch up to the target , because you are still only running 100% that's 15% (obviously depending on the enemy) too slow. Since your enemy is a ranged class you will have to pop defensive cds anyway so you would have to shift out of GW and with every action you take while slowed the glyph devalues more and more. That said I would like the glyph being baseline and/or give me back my earthen power.

Setup atm:
    Purge
    Shamrage
    Healingstorm

And i'm not sure wether to take totemic projection or restoration...

My biggest concern atm is that we can be controlled by bind elemental/banish while ascended, is that really true? They "fixed" this with Restodruids, why would they do the same mistake again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Random BGs = Stone Bulwark Totem
    Arenas = Astral Shift
    It's not that big of a deal. Astral shift can be removed as well.

I was initially very excited about enhancement pvp, at least at this 85 lvl. Our damage, compared to other classes, was nothing impressive. It's our survivability that makes us win fights.

But as i pvp more and talk to more experienced people, a great deal of these tools can be nullified. Don't get me wrong, i am aware that everyone has counters, but let's see:

- Stone Bulwark, in my opinion, is more viable in bgs. It's a larger enviorment with ppl focusing on different things simultaneously. In arena, the context is smaller and you need to watch out for anything. In any case the totem is destroyable and the shield it grants removable.

- Astral Shift. Im need in of confirmation for this one, but i have been told that this can be removed from us.

- Healing tide totem has a very obvious visual effect and you almost always destroy it asap.

What's gonna make us strong is really our purge ability, which basicly makes us strong agaisnt casters.
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2012-09-23 at 01:46 PM.

1) Totem survivability: Most of our utility in MoP comes from totems, and as they are still as heavily restricted as always, you can kiss most of your cooldowns goodbye right after you placed them. CPT, EBT/EGT, HST, SBT, SLT (Stormlash), SLT (Spiritlink) etc...
    2) Mobility: Earthern Power loss, having to glyph for wolf, loss of Spiritwalk's freedom and so on. Why couldn't they simply give us our Feral Spirit's leap as a baseline instant gap closer, would've made everything so much easier
    Ghostwolf is still dispellable and very vulnerable against CC, where Travel Form as a compensation for being suceptible against beast CCs gets imunity against poly. And druids snare/root breaker talent: god I'd kill for getting something like that instead of our glyph .
    3) Imbue dancing: Will be frustrating to no end and at the same time mandatory for pvp. The concept works well for rogues but not for shamans.
    4) Mana problems: Assuming we wont get any sort of recource or secondary recource (like holy power), we should at least not have to ever worry about mana (unless you're using lots of heals/purges).

But they at least gave us lots of dps cooldowns now (lets hope we remain good in terms of selfheal in MoP).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

totems are not as easy to destroy as shamans tend to say.it pulls dps from the shaman, or they can be placed hidden / out of sight in arenas, which forces a decision to run to the totem or stay on the shaman. Totems can also be covered by a glyph to have huge hp, but i dont think this will be used much, but if u really want your totems to life long, this glyph will give them more hp as needed to not be onehittet en passant.

Glyphed gostwolf + unleashed fury frostbrand seem to be pretty awsome, also dont forget the sprint, and the healing capabilitys of totems. I Imagen placing healingstream behind a pillar, running to the other side / to another pillar and either they run after shaman, or the totem. in both situation, either healing surge or the totem will do the job. As an opponent, i would try to stick on the shaman and ignore the healing totem, in most situations.

I would guess the kite/escape for enhancement is better as it was.

-They pull dps from the shaman...for 2 seconds. At the price of 1min+ cds. Hardly justified.
    -There are obstacles to be considered when trying to hide totems in arenas.
    a) Tirisfal Arena has nothing to hide them behind, orgrimmar one has decending pillars.
    b) If you're enh/dont have TP/both, it'll be hard/close to impossible to make it work w/o ruining your performance more than it would your enemies through destroying them
    -The totem glyph provides 5% of your health to the totem. Big deal. Most melees should be able to 1-shot that still if decently equipped. A quick Ice Lance or Moonfire and it's gone as well. Sure, a caster probably wont be to dispose of it quickly anymore with his mace, but that doesn't change the fact that 5% is not much (plus it requires another glyph slot, which is huge being forced into GW and HS)
    -GW and UF:FB are both movement increases, same as the sprint. They all share the same weakness of being pretty much useless upon being snared. An instant gapcloser doesn't slow down through a snare, because, well, it's instant. A freedom effect can support a movementspeed increase effect to not be affected also.
    Every melee has either an instant gap closer or freedom for their sprint (ret). Enh has neither, hence it'll be easily kiteable. Blizz could shower us with sprints and it wouldn't make a difference.
    -HST, like many other totems, has a range that is limited. Running to another pillar often enough means outranging. I dunno about LOS being required for the heal to work or not, but even if not, most of our selfheal comes from MSW, which requires uptime, which is crippled through low mobility.

Enh is now able to root while in melee, which, yes, "enhances" our escapability. The loss of freedom effects though kinda counter that. If you're also snared/rooted, have fun kiting a ret with his freedom, deathknight with ice chains or even better, a druid with shapeshift root break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

talents:
    -Frozen Power (pretty much mandatory)
    I don't see how, actually right now it's pretty awful. Breaks on the slightest amount of damage (I've had it break from a fire shock tick).

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 10:02 PM ----------

-They pull dps from the shaman...for 2 seconds. At the price of 1min+ cds. Hardly justified.
    -There are obstacles to be considered when trying to hide totems in arenas.
    a) Tirisfal Arena has nothing to hide them behind, orgrimmar one has decending pillars.
    b) If you're enh/dont have TP/both, it'll be hard/close to impossible to make it work w/o ruining your performance more than it would your enemies through destroying them
    -The totem glyph provides 5% of your health to the totem. Big deal. Most melees should be able to 1-shot that still if decently equipped. A quick Ice Lance or Moonfire and it's gone as well. Sure, a caster probably wont be to dispose of it quickly anymore with his mace, but that doesn't change the fact that 5% is not much (plus it requires another glyph slot, which is huge being forced into GW and HS)
    -GW and UF:FB are both movement increases, same as the sprint. They all share the same weakness of being pretty much useless upon being snared. An instant gapcloser doesn't slow down through a snare, because, well, it's instant. A freedom effect can support a movementspeed increase effect to not be affected also.
    Every melee has either an instant gap closer or freedom for their sprint (ret). Enh has neither, hence it'll be easily kiteable. Blizz could shower us with sprints and it wouldn't make a difference.
    -HST, like many other totems, has a range that is limited. Running to another pillar often enough means outranging. I dunno about LOS being required for the heal to work or not, but even if not, most of our selfheal comes from MSW, which requires uptime, which is crippled through low mobility.

Enh is now able to root while in melee, which, yes, "enhances" our escapability. The loss of freedom effects though kinda counter that. If you're also snared/rooted, have fun kiting a ret with his freedom, deathknight with ice chains or even better, a druid with shapeshift root break.
    GW glyph helps, considering we can snare them for 50% and run at 100% ourselves. I would like a pulsating totem with a decently low CD that removed snares from the shaman. I think that'd be a fair balance, totem could be killed, but say 45 sec cd or so and it could be nice.