Deleted

Unable to Change Server - What now?

So when the free week of transfers is over, and I'm stuck on the server I don't want to be on, what then? All due to Anet's transfer service not having worked for 2 days.
    Will I end up being forced to pay for it because Anet can't get their stuff together? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So when the free week of transfers is over, and I'm stuck on the server I don't want to be on, what then? All due to Anet's transfer service not having worked for 2 days.
    Will I end up being forced to pay for it because Anet can't get their stuff together? :/

i transfered server earlier, from the unofficial polish server, now the server i am on is full on Germans, despite them having their own servers! ive just requested another transfer and it said that was free as well. i think it will cost like £8 or something to transfer after free period is up. are you sure free week is up? as i said i have just transfered twice today.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I've been looking and don't even see the transfer as an option anywhere in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    First: We'll have guesting. Visiting other servers for free.
    Second: It'll cost gems. You can pay for it using gold, if you don't want to pay real money.
    Third: You're not "stuck" just because you're unwilling to pay for the transfer. If your game experience is truly miserable enough that you want to transfer, it's not THAT expensive. And I don't have a job, in saying that. =\
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-03 at 06:29 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I've been looking and don't even see the transfer as an option anywhere in game.
    on the character select screen its the "world selection" button.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    on the character select screen its the "world selection" button.
    yep, total derp on my part. i was looking all over the place in-game and couldn't find the 'button' to push to make it happen.

didn't think about doing it from the character selection. thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    First: We'll have guesting. Visiting other servers for free.
    Second: It'll cost gems. You can pay for it using gold, if you don't want to pay real money.
    Third: You're not "stuck" just because you're unwilling to pay for the transfer. If your game experience is truly miserable enough that you want to transfer, it's not THAT expensive. And I don't have a job, in saying that. =\
    Guesting is terrible.
    Yeah it'll cost. What will it be? 800 or 1600 gems? That's a wonderful grind of several gold. That's not even counting on that the prices for gems will rise and fall.
    Yes, I'm stuck because their service doesn't work.

They fail to keep their service working. If this means that I have to actually make a gem purchase, because they couldn't make their servers work, I'm gonna be pretty unhappy about it.
    That you for some reason thinks that such a thing happening is acceptable and that I'm just lazy and whiny, as your post not so subtly implies, that really just makes this worse.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 08:40 PM ----------

I've been unable to log in for 10 minutes now because it told me that a server transfer was in progress. I now log in, to find that no server transfer has been made.
    I can log in to the server I'm on perfectly fine. But when I try to transfer server, it tells me that the log-in servers are not responding.

Deleted
    Guesting is terrible.

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 08:40 PM ----------

I've been unable to log in for 10 minutes now because it told me that a server transfer was in progress. I now log in, to find that no server transfer has been made.
    I can log in to the server I'm on perfectly fine. But when I try to transfer server, it tells me that the log-in servers are not responding.
    same here, guess ill play on a German server for now.. im hoping Anet with extend the time of free transfer since its not working..

Deleted
    Its likely the free transfer period wont be over anytime soon until they have the login servers reliable and all the other in game services that are currently in maintenance fixed.

Guesting is terrible.
    What is terrible about it ? We haven't seen it in action yet, so how can you say its terrible ? Going by what's been said it sounds excellent, I'll be able to pop over to a friends server and play with him whenever I want.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-09-03 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Yeah, how is guesting terrible?

What's wrong with being able to freely go to any other server whenever you want, for absolutely no charge, with the ONLY restriction being WvW?

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 02:12 PM ----------

They fail to keep their service working. If this means that I have to actually make a gem purchase, because they couldn't make their servers work, I'm gonna be pretty unhappy about it.
    That you for some reason thinks that such a thing happening is acceptable and that I'm just lazy and whiny, as your post not so subtly implies
    Um, what? Not sure what the hell you're getting at. I'm not implying that in the least, for starters.
    For another thing, you're not going to have to pay for server transfers until they enable guesting.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-03 at 07:10 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    i did transfer yesterday to gandara then back today to desolaion worked perfectly for me