Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Are you keeping your crafting profession leveled?

    Just wondering how high some of you guys' crafting professions are and if you've been trying to keep them in sync with your character level.

    So far on my main I have kept my weaponsmithing right around my level and have been able to make rare weapons to use. My warrior is level 54 and my weaponsmithing is level 238.

    An easy way I've been able to keep the momentum going is offering to craft rare weapons for free in the zones I'm leveling in, just for some simple mat costs.

    Btw to get rare recipies you can buy them for karma from your respective crafting trainer

    Also a tip to gain some easy levels if you have a crafting item that doesn't get put into collectibles you can usually combine it with one of your base crafting materials, like iron ore it will create a glyph or rune and give you like a 10 level boost.

    Btw if anyone on sea of sorrows wants a level 50 rare weapon made you can give me a mail for what mats I need. I'll post some screens later of what the weapon looks like.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    i skimmed your post heavily, so sorry if i missed the entire goal of your post!

    I'm lv 300 something in huntsman, lv 65 (outleveled my crafting prof lol) overall, and then i'm lv like 225 or so in cooking? or around that? idk but i have enough matts where as soon as i discover some matts i'll just surge forward in levels, it's more of a matter of "Do i have time/ Do i want to sit down and craft for days on end?"

    EDIT:

    Oh, here's a tip for all you fellow crafters out there!! for leveling things like weapon profs and armor profs level up by only crafting like the iron/leather/wood planks etc (you know turning the most basic resources into useable resources) until you no longer get exp from those, THEN move onto the actual items.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-09-03 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Riavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031
    I'm having trouble keeping 2 leveled up, but I'm keeping one up pretty well, I figure then I'll go back when I'm max level and do the other.

    Btw, I'm leveling the 2 I need for the legendary weapon I want.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I'm having trouble keeping 2 leveled up, but I'm keeping one up pretty well, I figure then I'll go back when I'm max level and do the other.

    Btw, I'm leveling the 2 I need for the legendary weapon I want.
    Oh, can you share some info ?
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  5. #5
    26 in armour-smithing woo-hoo!

    Getting beyond the lower level areas quite quickly I've ran into a copper ore shaped brick wall; and with the Trading Post not working properly, I've just decided to not bother with leveling my crafting atm.
    Last edited by Triage; 2012-09-03 at 10:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Anet not letting us have an AH kinda hurts crafting. Even though theres lots of trading on my server in chat its just easier to buy bulk off the AH.

  7. #7
    Copper is a pretty hard wall to get through since you get out of the starter zones quick and the copper ore goes with it. but it's worth it because you'll be mining iron from like levels 18 to 50.

    And how do you know what proffs you need for legendaries?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Copper is a pretty hard wall to get through since you get out of the starter zones quick and the copper ore goes with it. but it's worth it because you'll be mining iron from like levels 18 to 50.

    And how do you know what proffs you need for legendaries?
    According to Guru:

    Axe: Jeweler, Weaponsmith
    Dagger: Cook, Weaponsmith
    Greatsword: Armorsmith, Weaponsmith
    Hammer: Jeweler, Weaponsmith
    Mace: Armorsmith, Weaponsmith
    Shield: Armorsmith, Weaponsmith
    Sword: Artificer, Weaponsmith
    Spear: Leatherworker, Weaponsmith
    Longbow: Leatherworker, Huntsman
    Shortbow: Jeweler, Huntsman
    Rifle: Tailor, Huntsman
    Pistol: Armorsmith, Huntsman (Some people say it uses Tailor instead of Armorsmith)
    Torch: Unknown, Huntmsan
    Warhorn: Leatherworker, Huntmsan
    Speargun: Cook, Huntsman
    Focus: Jeweler, Artificer
    Scepter: Armorsmith, Artificer
    Staff: Cook, Artificer
    Trident: Leatherworker, Artificer

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    According to Guru:

    Axe: Jeweler, Weaponsmith
    Dagger: Cook, Weaponsmith
    Greatsword: Armorsmith, Weaponsmith
    Hammer: Jeweler, Weaponsmith
    Mace: Armorsmith, Weaponsmith
    Shield: Armorsmith, Weaponsmith
    Sword: Artificer, Weaponsmith
    Spear: Leatherworker, Weaponsmith
    Longbow: Leatherworker, Huntsman
    Shortbow: Jeweler, Huntsman
    Rifle: Tailor, Huntsman
    Pistol: Armorsmith, Huntsman (Some people say it uses Tailor instead of Armorsmith)
    Torch: Unknown, Huntmsan
    Warhorn: Leatherworker, Huntmsan
    Speargun: Cook, Huntsman
    Focus: Jeweler, Artificer
    Scepter: Armorsmith, Artificer
    Staff: Cook, Artificer
    Trident: Leatherworker, Artificer
    Whelp better start leveling jewler so i can have the rainbow firing shortbow!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Just wondering how high some of you guys' crafting professions are and if you've been trying to keep them in sync with your character level.

    So far on my main I have kept my weaponsmithing right around my level and have been able to make rare weapons to use. My warrior is level 54 and my weaponsmithing is level 238.

    An easy way I've been able to keep the momentum going is offering to craft rare weapons for free in the zones I'm leveling in, just for some simple mat costs.

    Btw to get rare recipies you can buy them for karma from your respective crafting trainer

    Also a tip to gain some easy levels if you have a crafting item that doesn't get put into collectibles you can usually combine it with one of your base crafting materials, like iron ore it will create a glyph or rune and give you like a 10 level boost.

    Btw if anyone on sea of sorrows wants a level 50 rare weapon made you can give me a mail for what mats I need. I'll post some screens later of what the weapon looks like.
    Compared to where I am still exploring and "questing" in yes my crafting is well kept up, compared to my leveled however its a tad bit behind. The main reason for this though is the fact that I am exploring everything and doing everything I can find and so I still have 2 more level 1-15 zones to complete before I can go to the zones that will have the mats I need to level my crafting more... when your level 34 yet your still exploring tier 1 crafting mats zones its infeasable to keep the crafting up to making level 35 stuff since the mats to continue leveling crafting are not found in the 1-15 zones and despite normally being able to AH(TP) the low level mats to buy the proper level mats its been "down for maintence" most of the time with very brief times of it actually up and running (though it is quit nice when it is running since its cross servers and so tons of mats in there at almost all times since its much harder for someone to say buy out all of mat x and then mark it up 10 fold since they are dealing with every post and not just one servers posts.

    Anyways other then being off topic, I am keeping them up as high as the zones I am exploring let me yet not up to stuff that would be a bit more useful since I am not skipping any zones while leveling my first toon.

  11. #11
    Jewelcrafting is easy for me, but I'm having more trouble with Tailoring. I never have enough Jute. >_<

  12. #12
    Well I didn't research which professions I should actually take.. I'm level 22, I have Artificing at lv49 and Jewelcrafting at 94 (outlevelled). So now I see Artificing was a bad choice because I don't want to make a focus. I love my hammer so I might take up Weaponsmith and then raise armorsmithing when I have time (I hear you can switch without losing progress).

    Question: Could I just get a friend to do Weaponsmithing, I do Armorsmithing and have the same result as if I had both?
    Question2: Technically I could have all professions maxed out on a single character, right? And just switch them back and forth when I need them?
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-09-04 at 03:23 AM.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,748
    I'm keeping 2 crafting profs leveled with me; JC and Weaponsmith. I choose those two because I actually use what I make 99% of the time. With armorsmith, I found that I'll find karma items and drops that are superior to what I craft, so I dropped that in favor of JCing.

    I rather like having my crafting holding me back. It ensures I don't level to quickly. Plus, its a great excuses to do/complete other zones! That and so I won't have to level JCing and Wpnsmith at max level. Only armor smithing for the weapons I want
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  14. #14
    The Patient KelaniScar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    240
    I kept both mine leveled with me, now 80 with both at 400.

  15. #15
    i give bf cloth and cooking mats and he gives me iron and wood

    only way im keepin up lolz

  16. #16
    I kept Artifice and Weaponsmith crafts within 0~10 levels of me really well, but I did have to down level since 15.

    The common mats don't overlap as much so I didn't have to farm an excessive amount of those.

    But the bad part came at 325 when I need TONS of rare mats to push from 350 to 400.

    Apparently the Orr zones are really bad for farming them so I had to duck back to the Norn one up north.

    Wish I'd known that before going off to kill zombies.

    However, I'm sure I can get 400 cooking in a heartbeat if I wanted to, and probably jewel crafting.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-09-04 at 03:50 AM.

  17. #17
    I started with armor/weaponsmith but ended up droping weaponsmith as I found I had no way to keep both up to date. For me the limiting factor was not the copper/iron or whatever but was the fine materials. On my run through the leveling areas I'd end up with either just enough or only needing minor backtracking to keep one or the other fully up to date but I'd have almost no leftovers in the fine material department. In the end I dumped weapon for cooking and I actually like the food buffs.

    Now at 80 my armor isnt quite maxed out, it stalled out in the lvl 60 range due to lack of mats, then agian thats also when I did a major push on crafting in general and I kinda ended up jumping about 15 levels so I didnt pick up as many mats from there. As to why I picked armor and not weapon to maintain it came down to boxes/bags. With no TP it was the only way to reliably get the bags I needed.

    Who is John Galt?

  18. #18
    So no legendary for Jeweling and Armorsmithing? D:


    QQ

  19. #19
    Nope, no point since there's no endgame.

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by vtaas View Post
    Nope, no point since there's no endgame.
    Okay, I'll bite and risk being trolled.

    While there is no convectional "end game," in the form of raiding, crafting still has 2 major purposes.

    1. Make money.
    2. Make Legendary items
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •