Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Those legendary profession combos are WRONG.
    They are the old beta ones, GW2 official wiki has the new ones up and you can see the legendaries which one makes on the actual recipie you buy from the mystic forge vendor.

The new ones make much more sense.
    Like huntsman + leather worker = rifle.
    Weaponsmith + armorsmith = greatsword etc.

Here are links to the weapons and to the profession recipies.

Here's a pic of them, these are only datamined "possibles" fyi, not for sure and obviously the graphics are a bit skewered, since most have some kind of animation effect on them, as seen with the greatswords that look like the nightsky/day etc.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-09-04 at 05:52 AM.

Nope. Skelington worked on cooking for a bit then his necromancer suddenly turned 80 and he hasn't tried any since.

I figure I'll level crafting once they tune the drops a bit more/make it easier to level.

No because I can't because I'm missing mats because the trading place is down
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Those legendary profession combos are WRONG.
    They are the old beta ones, GW2 official wiki has the new ones up and you can see the legendaries which one makes on the actual recipie you buy from the mystic forge vendor.

The new ones make much more sense.
    Like huntsman + leather worker = rifle.
    Weaponsmith + armorsmith = greatsword etc.

Here are links to the weapons and to the profession recipies.
    Thanks for that. I've been selln all my ore since I was doing cooking/leatherworking. Now I know I'm going to eventually want cooking/weaponsmithing. Luckily I had progressed further along cooking than leatherworking anyway

I farm, but that's about it. I find crafting horribly confusing and I never seem to have the right ingredients for discoveries. Maybe I'll look into it when the TP comes up, but until then I just don't really have any interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

I've found leveling too 'like' crafting professions to be harder than two different professions by far...at least starting out like I am.

weaponsmith/armorsmith is harder (or more tedious) to level than weaponsmith/cooking because you are drawing on the same resource.
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

I'm "trying" to level both weaponsmithing and armorsmithing, but I mostly spend mats on weaponsmithing and I rarely have to grind and I keep it at about just the right level compared to my own level so far (I'm 55 and weaponsmithing is 230-ish or so), but armorsmithing is way behind and is pretty much of a big problem since they share mats and TP is not working. So sometimes I have to grind but mostly I keep second trait much lower.

I try but Tailoring isn't very kind on me :P I keep missing a LOT of cloth.. (wool this time around!)

Oh trading post, trading post, where art thou trading post?
    Last edited by Taranee; 2012-09-04 at 07:38 AM.

Taranee - lvl 90 Blood Elf Warlock - EU Dragonblight

I'm having a few issues with leveling my weapon smithing. I'm currently lvl 42 in weapon smithing, and I don't really get why all the stuff that is made with copper/bronze is greyed out for me now. The only stuff I can make in order to get levels is stuff that uses some sort of 'Green wood' or w/e, and Tiny scales/totems, is it really supposed to be like this? I just need to get to level 75 in order to craft with iron, which I have like 600 ores of.

No, crafting in most games bores the shit out of me. GW2's crafting is no exception.

No. Worst Grind Evah.

If the AH would bother to be up I might have a chance at keeping one up while selling mats for those I do not need.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I'm having a few issues with leveling my weapon smithing. I'm currently lvl 42 in weapon smithing, and I don't really get why all the stuff that is made with copper/bronze is greyed out for me now. The only stuff I can make in order to get levels is stuff that uses some sort of 'Green wood' or w/e, and Tiny scales/totems, is it really supposed to be like this? I just need to get to level 75 in order to craft with iron, which I have like 600 ores of.
    The best way to level weaponsmithing and I'm sure it applies to others, combine the inscriptions you can make with the weapon peices. You'll discover how to make items with the stats the inscription gives. Discovering new recipies gives more xp than making things you already know.

WTB more mobs that drop tiny claws. Or any claws actually lol
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

i like to give myself some gear trough crafting. crafting gear is way better than other. i have a warrior at 67 and i have armor/weaponsmith at 298 and 290 and i just made myself a whole set with armor level 65 masterwork gear and 2 rare axes. dat boost
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,7 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: QPAD 5K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: QPAD QH-90 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb