Does the pvp power/resil change make PvP more gear dependent or less gear dependent?

than before the change?

10+ Year Old Account
    50% (?) base resi makes it less gear dependand already

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    than before the change?
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/22.../#entry3758551

In short: less gear dependent, though still obviously a big factor.
    Last edited by Tarin; 2012-09-03 at 11:38 PM.

I would say it is slightly less gear dependent, but only slightly. People in full PVP gear are still going to wreck a fresh 90's face really really hard, now it will just take 4 seconds instead of 3 seconds. The gear gaps between players will still matter, just not quite as much as before.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

OP: I think you're asking the wrong question, or at least not being specific enough.

The pvp power/basline resil revamp will not grant someone in quest greens any reasonable chance at facing off against a fully-geared character.

What the change does is give some margin of a chance for a fully geared pve toon to face off against a fully geared pvp toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    I would say it is slightly less gear dependent, but only slightly. People in full PVP gear are still going to wreck a fresh 90's face really really hard, now it will just take 4 seconds instead of 3 seconds. The gear gaps between players will still matter, just not quite as much as before.
    I think the problem's been further exacerbated.

The addition of PvP power on top of PvP resilience makes it so that if you aren't in PvP gear you're going to get shit on harder than ever. Consider also that the difference two players in full PvP gear is overall the same as it was before 5.0 (about 40% damage reduction against a player with PvP power) while players without PvP gear get dealt more damage than ever against players with PvP power on their gear.

Non-resilience PvP did get an improvement though. Pre-level-70 PvP means no PvP power and only baseline PvP resilience comes into play. Problem there is that healing/defensive cds scale ridiculously well with resilience making them OP in those brackets. That problem continues into max level PvP as well only because PvP power is effecting healing (which is absolutely should not be).
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-09-04 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Gear isn't the problem its the self heals that they added to mist of pandaria. Removing certain ranges from spells like frost bolt and ice lance. Which had 35 yards instead of 40 yards. I could run around on my hunter kiting frost mages out of deep freeze, ice lance and frost bolt range. Soul burn applying all the warlock dots through soul swap is another thing that will make killing a more geared player harder. They just gave other classes to many instants. Shaman flame shock has the chance to give them an instant lava burst and reset the cool down a lot of classes are just doing stupid damage. Without ever casting. I use to beat people because, I would out of range their skills or lock them out. They just gave every class max range now, added more ranged cc, gave hunters no minimum range(this buff was for arena and they needed it) so you can't just sit on their face and stop 90% of their damage. Root, gouge, or stun then to stop disengage. Death knights are the only non-retarded classes atm when that happens something is defiantly wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 02:19 AM ----------

Pvp power/pvp res makes it even harder to start pvp. I have never understood why people in full bis slot gear complain about dieing in a bg. Except if they were a shadow priest, elemental shaman, or warlock outside of demon with mastery stacked. Hunters, Mages, Rogues, Ferals, demonology, and arguably deaths nights and ret paladins don't need pvp gear to kill the random player with full cata. Those classes with the right stats can global people all pve gear = damage boost for them.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-09-04 at 02:09 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.