10+ Year Old Account

Trahearne [could contain some spoilers]

So... I'm a Charr warrior, level 80 now and working through my personal story. Thus far however I'm not really enjoying it as much as I'd like to for one reason in particular; Trahearne.

I mean the guy got forced into my story and I never got the option if I even wanted him to tag along in the first place. To top that off he now acts like my boss and orders me around like I'm some lacky? I could take it from Forgal because that guy was actually pretty cool.

"This door seems to require a key, why don't you go get it?"... Yeah, why don't YOU go get it? or.. help maybe?

Surely I can't be the only one to not fancy being forced to take orders from a Sylvari who isn't even a soldier to begin with nor does the story develope enough for my char to actually care about him.

It wouldn't be so bad if he'd simply be in the story but not the main guy I'd have to go to each time. I'd much rather go back to the start where I'd have my own warband with the people you recruited and stand with all of them at the gates of Zhaitan. Granted that might still happen(?).

So is he really in every story? or is there a way to have him not in there while still progressing.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2012-09-04 at 12:27 AM.

I'm feeling the same.

The guy he replaced for my Order of Whispers character, was much, MUCH better than Trahearne. Trahearne has a terrible voice actor, is god awfull in combat (I had him stand still during the mission in the priory ruins, not doing a thing) despite owning a legendary weapon and is just flat out boring. He's a massive deus-ex machina, considering he's got contacts all over the show but you're never really given much back story on them.

I do though, love how he just wants to be a book-worm and not fight, even going so far as to flat out say this. That part of his character is great, since he seems "real", but then not once does he fail, he just turns into a fantastic millitary strategist (I'm up to level 70 in the story, so not sure if he screws up past this).

I get why Anet decided to have you lose a close member of the group you join, in order to give some emotional weight to the story, but you can't take away someone who becomes your buddy and replace them with a boring, bland, ugly looking plant. Or, you can, but expect people to be annoyed.

Without giving too much away, he becomes incredibly important to the story. You're stuck with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    I do though, love how he just wants to be a book-worm and not fight, even going so far as to flat out say this. That part of his character is great, since he seems "real", but then not once does he fail, he just turns into a fantastic millitary strategist (I'm up to level 70 in the story, so not sure if he screws up past this).
    Agreed on that part