Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's sad just how rampant pseudoscience still is, in the 21st century.

On what basis did they even get this idea? Besides, as mentioned before, Ghostbusters 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Absolutely. Human emotions make people deny scientific facts such as global warming because people are passive/aggressive and stubborn, therefore completely ignoring, and wanting to make active changes to policies to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    On what basis did they even get this idea? Besides, as mentioned before, Ghostbusters 2.
    New age pseudoscience garbage, most likely.

and a failure to comprehend the idea of electromagnetism, or energy, or force, etc.

The article describes energy and force as though they are interchangeable ideas. So clearly there is no grasp of even the most rudimentary physics topics.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Yes, we have a "magnetic field", but do you notice how it doesn't effect anything? That is because we are too small and insignificant to do anything.
    That is BS, on old school electronics, I couldn't even get near a radio. Seriously. It would fuck up or not work properly, until I left the room, or got far enough away from it. We tested this out in the 8th grade, when I claimed the same fucking thing in class, and was laughed at. My Science teacher was baffled when I brought my radio in, turned it on, and nothing but static, then I would walk about 10 feet and get music.

You can say bullshit all you want. I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    That is BS, on old school electronics, I couldn't even get near a radio. Seriously. It would fuck up or not work properly, until I left the room, or got far enough away from it. We tested this out in the 8th grade, when I claimed the same fucking thing in class, and was laughed at. My Science teacher was baffled when I brought my radio in, turned it on, and nothing but static, then I would walk about 10 feet and get music.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6220738AAODrHl

If only they had invented the internet... then you would know... then you would know...

Attenuation....

10+ Year Old Account

Happened with my radio too. And as Gheld posted, it isn't because of a magnetic field. I actually improved my radio's signal.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Have any of you geniuses ever seen what happens to water molecules when coming in contact with emotions like anger or happiness? No, I suppose not.

The results will surprise you.

http://questioningthetruth.com/messages-from-water/

Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    Have any of you geniuses ever seen what happens to water molecules when coming in contact with emotions like anger or happiness? No, I suppose not.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...0/cult-science

http://will-flourish.blogspot.ca/200...ard-about.html

Yada yada internet.

questioningthetruth
    Great name for pseudo scientific rubbish.

From someone who has been widely discredited, too.

It's nitpicking but technically the plural of genius is genii when used in that manner.

Also what's your point? Are you implying that humans could change the makeup of the ocean by thinking happy thoughts and touching it? Because I'm pretty sure people have gone for a swim while happy before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Hopefully the link works. A scientist is researching whether human emotion could influence the Earth.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Can-human-emo...8/Default.aspx
    I read that article or whatever. It looked like a pile of horse crap. In fact, I think it made me dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6220738AAODrHl

If only they had invented the internet... then you would know... then you would know...
    You know it might be that be the case. Though, even outside. It did to almost every radio I came across, unless they were very high end.

Your body (mainly made up from water) is a good electrical conductor. When you stand next to an antenna you absorb or block the "electro magnetic" radio waves.

So this basically means, it's your body and not the magnetic field. Though, I must be a VERY good conductor. I just learned something today. Though, it's not like I ever looked for an answer either. I just assumed it was just my "aura", as my teacher said.

Deleted
    What a complete waste of time.

To me it doesn't really matter whether the water molecule photos are real or fake; the question is whether it's possible to influence the things around you with thought. I've had a few practical experiences that suggest there's something to it, but I wouldn't expect anyone who hasn't had at least one experience of that nature to understand or believe it. I wouldn't even be open to it myself if I hadn't experienced things that steered me in that direction.

In spite of that, I don't think there's a one-to-one relationship: "just think happy thoughts and we'll have a happy world." But I do think we can influence some things. For example, when there are noisy children outside, which happens often in the summer where we live, I send "blessings" and more often than not the children quiet down right away. In this context, blessings are basically neutral good wishes. At first I wasn't even trying for a particular outcome; I just wanted to see if it would produce any results at all. I was shocked when it worked six out of eight times. Is it BS? I don't know. But I wanted those kids to shut up and most of the time they did. That works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering1 View Post
    To me it doesn't really matter whether the water molecule photos are real or fake; the question is whether it's possible to influence the things around you with thought. I've had a few practical experiences that suggest there's something to it, but I wouldn't expect anyone who hasn't had at least one experience of that nature to understand or believe it. I wouldn't even be open to it myself if I hadn't experienced things that steered me in that direction.

In spite of that, I don't think there's a one-to-one relationship: "just think happy thoughts and we'll have a happy world." But I do think we can influence some things. For example, when there are noisy children outside, which happens often in the summer where we live, I send "blessings" and more often than not the children quiet down right away. In this context, blessings are basically neutral good wishes. At first I wasn't even trying for a particular outcome; I just wanted to see if it would produce any results at all. I was shocked when it worked six out of eight times. Is it BS? I don't know. But I wanted those kids to shut up and most of the time they did. That works for me.
    Welcome for your first post. And yeah there are a lot of weird occurrences like that. We all have them where we think something or wish something and it happens. It always makes us wish for more
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

The Sha don't exist in real life. Neither do engrams and thetans.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.