Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

State of Spriest MOP BETA

I am thinking of playing Spriest in Mop and i am wondering what state they are in both pve and pvp

Krogarth

10+ Year Old Account
    wondering that aswell.. They might balance everything but would be sad if SPs was crap during release (always been like that, some speccs are more overpowered than others and some cannot even be played)

To answer you with the brevity with which you ask: it's looking good.

I'm seeing a decent number of complaints about spriests being too powerful. Time will tell if Blizzard agrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's bad, because right now they're good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I'm seeing a decent number of complaints about spriests being too powerful. Time will tell if Blizzard agrees.
    I dropped 13 million damage and 3 million healing in a BG earlier (level 90) - top damage, third highest alliance healing - but our burst just got a huge nerf, so I don't think it will be an issue - especcially with boomkins and locks being all but immortal at the moment and doing equal if not better damage if they play it right.

Shadow is strong, I'm excited for MoP pve and pvp - but I think shadow will get buffs if anything currently.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-07-30 at 08:48 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Pve= worst caster by dps means, pvp we're really stronk

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

For what i have been reading, they are currently in a pretty decent spot for pvp, and yet their numbers are not on par for PVE, so taking that into mind.. Spriest can get some even more dps buffs, making them even better in pvp, and thats kinda scary to think about how that will end up as ;o

They are prolly going to nerf some pvp stuff, as we are still on par dps wise in pve wise

thats just my point of view atm tho =)

SPs are pretty much bottom Dps on Beta...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

From what I have seen so far from tests on the test servers.

PVE Domain
    In terms of Single Target Damage over 20% we need a slight buff.
    In terms of Single Target Damage under 20% we are incredibely good if not the best.
    In terms of Multi Target Damage we are incredibely good if not the best.

PVP Domain
    How can I plainly say it. Let's say in my opinion at least that there is no single class that can beat the shadowpriest at the moment. I have never lost a battle yet in MOP beta.

Deleted
    Mails-Prowers it's comments like yours that brighten up my day. I think we have very good tools to be good at 1v1. I also think that we will be very powerful in rbgs, since we can put VT and SW:P on more than one target and get lots of instant MB / MS.
    Last edited by mmoc321e15a9d0; 2012-07-30 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    In terms of Multi Target Damage we are incredibely good if not the best.
    This is wrong, locks destroy us, like it isn't even a competition. And if ele shaman can aoe they also destroy us.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I also really like how Spriest plays right now, compared to Cata. They made shadow orbs a lot more fun, and removed annoying ramp-up BS. I also love that Silence is now baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Weakest caster on beta currently, but they aren't done yet. Shadow is pretty fun to play though, aside from the number/talent tweaks that still need to be done.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Weakest caster on beta currently, but they aren't done yet. Shadow is pretty fun to play though, aside from the number/talent tweaks that still need to be done.
    I agree. I've not have had this much fun as Shadow since they first implemented Apparitions. Multidot trash----SHADOW ARMY!!!!

Our survivability has increased dramatically in PVP, but our overall burst has gone down. I have no problem with this honestly, we never played as a "burst class" in the past. It seems like our main source of damage comes from Devouring Plague.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    I agree. I've not have had this much fun as Shadow since they first implemented Apparitions. Multidot trash----SHADOW ARMY!!!!
    I fondly remember those few weeks in ICC before they fixed it where all I had to do on trash was keep as many SWPs up as I could and run around the healers to annoy them.

Deleted
    Shadow is pretty dull on beta imo, it´s 100% linear game play on waiting for next mind blast to be available. They removed all the aspects that are currently on live and make us actually think and plan a head. You don´t need to care about orbs in terms of saving mind blast for few sec more to have orb up, you don´t have evangelism to keep up while multi dotting, you don´t have empowered shadows to keep up.

Also we don´t have any dps cooldown (which happen to be pretty huge thing for burn phases or when lined up with lust and stormlash totem) other then fiend switch is pretty poor choice. Ofc you could take power infusion, but it cant really match with pure dmg % cooldowns most classes have and also the fact that Divine Insight is better due to giving us better orb generation.

Also not having anything to cast while moving, fairly incomplete skills and talents (2 abilities that remove dots when used is bit awkward) just makes me think either shadow is still far from finish or they just don´t actually know what to do with it.

Ofc thats just my opinion, as I happen to love the current live version which has good ability flow, synergy between skills and dynamic felt on decision making

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    From what I have seen so far from tests on the test servers.

PVP Domain
    How can I plainly say it. Let's say in my opinion at least that there is no single class that can beat the shadowpriest at the moment.
    Rogues, Affliction locks, Monks?

Deleted
    I've played to 90 on BETA and sat through a few heroics and from my experience I have to agree with Kyylol.
    If you think that we are going to be able to destroy a fight like Blackthorn then think again. In 440ilvl average gear VT is critting for around 20-22k which I find very sad.

The current live version, when played and reforged correctly is one of the most fluid specs in the game, which is a reason I love it to much, you can say good bye to that. The rotation seems clunky and disjointed, and I do think that the people complaining about orb RNG are actually going to miss it. As said before it is very linear. MB x3, DP is the core of the PvE rotation and with no buffs to track (Except evangelism) I personally find it pretty boring. The DI procs help to spice it up a little bit but I also agree that they either are still looking into the entire spec or have no idea what to do with it.

One thing I will say is If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is my view on shadow. I will still play it, with the hope that dots will be picked up off the bottom of our damage meter, but I will miss the great place shadow is on live now.
    It seems we are the weakest of the casters, and probably need a second dotable target to be competitive, but as seen in the previous BETA build there are still changes being made, just possibly not the right ones.

I cant say a thing about pvp as I am possibly the worst pvper out there but shadow is strong and with the right choice in glyph you can heal yourself in shadowform, which is a great survivability choice.

A positive point to shadow is Halo. I LOVE this talent, its so much fun to use and it can crit 100k if you use it right. Its also a great heal for the raid in shadow aswell.