Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    plix, let this come before 25th sept, just throw the glyph and BOOM. get rid of class quests (remember cata)
    Please don't cram it into a glyph, quests are a great way to add flavor to a class.

Too hard to code. Total BS imho. If they can color it red they can color it green.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Too hard to code. Total BS imho. If they can color it red they can color it green.
    IIRC the problem was that they had to create a whole new set of spells, changing the color changes it for everyone, it's a clientside change (remember the green fire mods?) but this new set of spells had to interact with talents and such in the exact same way that the original versions do (green immolate still has to increase the damage of a normal incinerate cast by another Warlock for example) and that caused some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    The code was finished in the last few hours of Mists, actually. (see test spell Codex of Xerrath) However, we want to do something a little more rewarding than just give it away as a glyph.
    I am not a Rp'er but still I miss the feeling of infernal, dreadsteed quests. I am happy to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The code was finished in the last few hours of Mists, actually. (see test spell Codex of Xerrath) However, we want to do something a little more rewarding than just give it away as a glyph.
    Mauve option, as originally stated in the tooltip? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    I am not a Rp'er but still I miss the feeling of infernal, dreadsteed quests. I am happy to hear it.
    I still have all my items for the last part of the Dreadsteed quest in my bank from way back when, I just can't get rid of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Choices are nice to has. Blizzard already discussed this though and it is to hard to code.
    the mod that I haven't been using since tbc, to make fire green begs to differ
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Choices are nice to has. Blizzard already discussed this though and it is to hard to code.
    You're kidding right? The green counterpart to most warlock spells already exist in game and are used by some mob or boss. Switching spell effects isn't difficult...AT ALL. If the issue is coding a glyph, that should also be a easy as hell. If you can use a glyph to make ur druid travel form remain a cheetah, there is absolutely no reason green fire is impossible. I never even saw the blue that mentioned this though...so please provide proof of a blue saying that...

Deleted
    Why do you keep arguing about that, when Xelnath stated in this exact thread that it was already coded ?

15+ Year Old Account
    it should be an option if it becomes available - but the problem i see, is that people will then want other colour options, i'd personally like purple =D

10+ Year Old Account
    If you love orange fire go play a mage >_> Warlocks may use regular fire but we use dark magic, fel fire. Though having Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt is nice I would like some more green If Blizzard ever added a black fire for warlocks........omfg........../drool

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You're kidding right? The green counterpart to most warlock spells already exist in game and are used by some mob or boss. Switching spell effects isn't difficult...AT ALL. If the issue is coding a glyph, that should also be a easy as hell. If you can use a glyph to make ur druid travel form remain a cheetah, there is absolutely no reason green fire is impossible. I never even saw the blue that mentioned this though...so please provide proof of a blue saying that...
    This! There is a green incinerate in game, green rain of fire and I believe green immolate. In fact I will go find them now........

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=39670 Fel Immolate

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=128658 Fel Incinerate

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=38741 Rain of Fire
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2012-09-04 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh green, make it deep purple-black

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    The problem was not in changing the colour of a single spell - that's easy to do, the problem was in adding an option to change the colour of ALL spells at once.

So are we perhaps thinking an epic class quest?

Are you planning to just add this for Warlocks or would you hold it off until something similar can be done for other classes at the same time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The problem was not in changing the colour of a single spell - that's easy to do, the problem was in adding an option to change the colour of ALL spells at once.

So are we perhaps thinking an epic class quest?

Are you planning to just add this for Warlocks or would you hold it off until something similar can be done for other classes at the same time?
    I think they are holding it off, they did say and what blizzard says always needs to be held loosly was patches every 3 months and only every other having raids. granted its probably bullshit.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    I'd like them to stop making legendaries performance increases, add a warlock legendary chain that awards a transmog weapon and a glyph of green fire etc.

Probably too soon after dragonwrath though, and blizzard seem intent on adding legendaries that are just a headache to deal with and do nothing but throw class balance out the window and make one raid member have too large of an impact on a kill or not, so I've not got high hopes.

Deleted
    I want a glyph to change my incinerate to Ponys. Yeah Ponys. That way I can go throwing Ponys at the brownies (or what ever the hipster term is) just to get a reaction out of them.

PS no to green fire!

Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    how about RAINBOW FIRE! i dont play a warlock but it would be badass if they had green fire.
    They can't use rainbow fire in WoW. Some of the redneck states would embargo the company.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ask 20 people and they want 25 different things...
    Aren't you being kinda a drama queen? If you ask 20 people what they want, there'd only be about 14 things.

Deleted
    Back when i still played. I had a lock alt. He had green fire. Ofcourse it was only displayed on my end, but still. It's posisble.